AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-28, 03:08   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was a superb adaptation of some very high-caliber manga material.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 12:18   Link #42
Ulin

Very good episode. I'm really looking forward to their performance
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 23:41   Link #43
HandofFate

alrite performance.
Unlike some other music animes which seem to sell it fine, I can't really tell if their playing was anything worthwhile. Other than the mob comments, nothing really stood out for me.
Old 2019-05-05, 05:59   Link #44
Arya

Well, well, it's kinda the first time I heard koto music, surely the first time I heard an ensemble performance, so it's really hard to comment about it. At first not sure it's my cup of tea. Surely I can tell that much, they did a great performance, considering it's one month they started playing.
The episode all in all was very good, I had issues about the fast pacing before, but this episode synthesized what happened in the previous episodes both narrative wise than as result of ... a synthesis, the experiences the characters had, their struggles, their frustrations thanks to the efforts have been channeled through the music to the audience. I got that, and I almost felt it, but not as much as I had if the music resonated with me.
Of course this is not a flaw or anything, it's just me, hopefully I will get tuned to the music eventually.

Nice first part with Satowa's collecting and connecting the dots about her behaviour toward Kudo.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 09:42   Link #45
LKK

The music was beautiful. I'm not an expert on koto playing by any means. For example: I couldn't pick up on the out of sync moments they had. Not even on a third listening. But Kudo's solo nearly brought tears to my eyes. It touched me that much. Objectively speaking, they were almost too good for a group of performers most of whom had never touched a koto before a month ago.

My most fervent wish going forward is that this will be the last time we see that vice-principal. I hate characters like him with a passion. I doubt my wish will come true though.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 10:30   Link #46
Kazu-kun

I think the problem is not so much the music but the performance animation (or lack thereof). And the way they almost mute the music every time there's a flashback (and there are a lot of them) also detracts from the performance. It works in the manga because there's no music, but in anime you really want to just listen to the music without the annoying flashback noise on top.
Old 2019-05-06, 10:35   Link #47
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I absolutely did tear up during Chika’s solo, both for the contest and how beautifully it was played. As a manga reader I can say the experience of that performance in the anime totally exceeded my expectations.
Old 2019-05-07, 05:53   Link #48
Arya

In my case music, when resonates with me, always overshadows everything else, so not a problem of editing, composition or anything else. For me it's very simple, it clicks or it not clicks.
I did get warmed up by Kudo's solo btw.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2019-05-12, 04:03   Link #49
Eater of All
NOM

A week late but for those who want to see a live performance of Ryuuseigun: https://youtu.be/Y_Db88Ef6FQ?t=99.

One of the Youtube comments tipped me off that the 17-string player in that performance (and the composer of the song), Hashimoto Migiwa, is actually the sister of the author. Super cool!
Old 2019-05-12, 04:43   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thanks for sharing that - I've seen that performance many times, but I had no idea about the connection to the author. It's a really beautiful piece of music.
Old 2019-05-12, 05:36   Link #51
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
A week late but for those who want to see a live performance of Ryuuseigun: https://youtu.be/Y_Db88Ef6FQ?t=99.
It is good to find that people are discovering the koto and koto music. Should expand horizons to hear the zheng/guzheng - the Chinese instrument that the koto is derived from. If interested, here's somewhere you can start from: https://youtu.be/0l3emj7GcNc
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 03:24   Link #52
Arya

So a new character got introduced, btw, there's a certain tendency in this show to introduce mean characters, isn't it?
Anyways it was a nice episode. still feeling I'm watching it with the fast forward on, though. I'm expecting this new girl to be assimilated pretty fast.

Old 2019-05-20, 03:32   Link #53
Ulin

Japanese colds are truly terrifiying... People are always collapsing from them
Hozuki's story was moving, I'm really looking forward to all of them knowing that she lives alone. Is her mother at least giving her enough money to live or is she working? well, not that surprinsing since the trope "minor who lives alone" is something pretty common in anime.
And the villain seems to have been forgiven pretty easily. Well, I guess it is that kind of story

Only one cour right?
Old 2019-05-20, 04:47   Link #54
Arya

But without that how many couples wouldn't be couples ... Japan demographics would be half the numbers

Anyhow, very good episode (precisely half episode) , finally it took the due time to give us Satowa's story. And it was quite sad. And Kudo is always so discreetly thoughtful. So far the show works at its best when it comes to them.

The second half wasn't instead as much as intense as the first, for many reasons. The comparison was unfair, the new girl's story arrived too early on a character we don't know yet and with quite less impact compared to Satowa's which came right before that.
To make it short, as I said I'm my previous comment, she got "assimilated" fast ahah.

Old 2019-05-20, 13:19   Link #55
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Only one cour right?
Two cours, but split. Next cour is in Fall.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 15:35   Link #56
Ulin

Great There's hope to see more of it later then
Old 2019-05-27, 05:43   Link #57
Arya

Satowa's melting moments never cease to hit home, specially when she saw him laugh wholeheartedly for the first time. While Kudo keep being infallible with her (pushing her). But I'm glad she is the perceptive type.

So their tutor teacher seems to be a good person after all, I had the feeling he was that kind of teacher. One of those who will become really serious if the occasion calls. Very lazy otherwise.

Old 2019-06-01, 21:28   Link #58
HandofFate

I don't blame Takezo's brother for the way he treats him.
Its annoying seeing someone being so mopey, and always acting like a wimp. Needs to build up his confidence.
Old 2019-06-02, 02:06   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I don't blame Takezo's brother for the way he treats him.
Its annoying seeing someone being so mopey, and always acting like a wimp. Needs to build up his confidence.
And getting insulted by his own little brother is the way to do that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 10:23   Link #60
Tenzen12

Well, you don't learn how to stand for yourself if everyone would pamper you, right? Some people need praise to grow, other slap on face.