AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-01-10, 15:31   Link #21
Tenzen12

Oh thank you for filling blanks.

That said just because there are more OP characters doesn't change that lv.0 just defeated opponents far above his league with single strike and its most likely not last time.
Old 2020-01-10, 15:38   Link #22
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^To me, being OP is being strong without any "condition" or because of the situation.

Here it was all thanks to the situation and the conditions. If even a single one of them wasn't met, he would have died. (or simply not even have got Nemesis)

So yeah, to me, at least, that's not being OP.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-10, 15:54   Link #23
Tenzen12

Fair enough. Let's see how limiting those conditions turn to be.
Old 2020-01-10, 16:28   Link #24
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
That's totally wrong. Unfortunately the anime won't be long enough to see the true OP ones, but it'll show a few. And you'll see, that Nemesis is nothing lol.
The reason of his victory should be explained in next episode. (at least I hope. They already skipped many things, so they might even skip the skills explanation...)
The anime is set to adapt up to Vol05, so people may manage to get a taste of OP entities...sorta...

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-10, 18:51   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by human6861 View Post
That's why i don't want smart AI with ego in any game i play. I even avoid killing unique NPC in skyrim . Sometime it take a lot of effort to save NPC from Vampire and Dragon raid .

This anime wasn't death game like SAO , but the morality is high in this one. The MC have a reason to not lose while he wasn't forced to play a death game .
I'm honestly not feeling the stakes. It's a video game. In a few years, people will lose interest and they'll turn off the servers, killing all the NPCs. Even now, as a gameworld, it's got to be full of trolls and murderhobos. And yet the world keeps turning.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2020-01-11 at 03:01.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-10, 22:27   Link #26
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm honestly not feeling the stakes. It's a video games. In a few years, people will lose interest and they'll turn off the servers, killing all the NPCs. Even now, as a gameworld, it's got to be full of trolls and murderhobos. And yet the world keeps turning.
Whatever the devs may do or not do, when the NPC's have all the intellectual and emotional capacities as a person, and don't come back to life, that stakes enough when you give a damn, don't you think?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-10, 23:29   Link #27
Frontier

Was that Kaori Nazuka as the voice for the game OS? It sounded like her.
Old 2020-01-11, 00:58   Link #28
kukuru

Is it just me or do the voice's casted totally doesn't work.

Ray is suppose to be more airheaded and calmer and less shounen shouting, people who read the novel and know his backstory should get the vibe.

And Nemesis should have more loli in her, like that's half the stereotyping she was given.

I shudder the later voice casting then. especially since well...ya know...spoilers.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 01:36   Link #29
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Is it just me or do the voice's casted totally doesn't work.

Ray is suppose to be more airheaded and calmer and less shounen shouting, people who read the novel and know his backstory should get the vibe.

And Nemesis should have more loli in her, like that's half the stereotyping she was given.

I shudder the later voice casting then. especially since well...ya know...spoilers.
Hugo and Franklin?
Franklin's VA is still undisclosed.
But casting Murase to Hugo certainly is a logical choice.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 03:19   Link #30
Lex79

Quote:
I'm honestly not feeling the stakes. It's a video game. In a few years, people will lose interest and they'll turn off the servers, killing all the NPCs. Even now, as a gameworld, it's got to be full of trolls and murderhobos. And yet the world keeps turning.
Well, people already can get attached to fictional characters and feel sad for them, Final Fantasy 7 comes back to my mind...
Now imagine if those characters are actually indistinguishable from a real person. It's not comparable to SAO, of course, but I can see why players might feel compelled to do everything they can to not let tians die.
Old 2020-01-11, 03:37   Link #31
RDNexus

In the novels' afterword, the author mentioned how tough it was for him to select the best VA roles for the anime

Old 2020-01-11, 04:17   Link #32
Eater of All
NOM

I can see there's a lot of thought put into designing this game world; the potential for complex mechanics and interaction is immense. MMOs in the real (our) world often limit the effects of player actions only to themselves, and any impact to other players tend to be minor and/or transient for the sake of repeatability, or more realistically, because the ability of a development team to design and implement new events is finite. But it seems Infinite Dendrogram is a theoretically perfect game that can generate unique in-game events through the emergent behavior of its simulated world/NPCs. Player (and NPC!) actions are persistent and propagating, creating an everchanging world that keeps on turning by itself. The effort required in building such a complex underlying engine, training the sophisticated AI models, and assembling the vast computational resources required to run all of this is easily more impressive than the VRMMO aspect itself.

It's like what No Man's Sky aimed to do, except 10 orders of magnitude more complex. It sure as hell would be a game I would want to play, even if it's not a VRMMO.

EDIT: As for the episode itself, I appreciate it as an intro to the game world, but even as an anime-only viewer I can tell it's skipping a lot of details for the sake of moving forward. This is the kind of story IMO that would benefit from meticulous description of mechanics.

Last edited by Eater of All; 2020-01-11 at 04:36.
Eater of All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 04:59   Link #33
RDNexus

As I mentioned before, there's a series of web-shorts, Nazenani Dendrogram, in which they explain the setting and gameplay mechanics so as to keep that precious main series time for the plot itself.

You can check the shorts here (they're in japanese, somebody gotta translate them!): Dendrogram Official Channel

Old 2020-01-11, 05:02   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I can see there's a lot of thought put into designing this game world; the potential for complex mechanics and interaction is immense. MMOs in the real (our) world often limit the effects of player actions only to themselves, and any impact to other players tend to be minor and/or transient for the sake of repeatability, or more realistically, because the ability of a development team to design and implement new events is finite. But it seems Infinite Dendrogram is a theoretically perfect game that can generate unique in-game events through the emergent behavior of its simulated world/NPCs. Player (and NPC!) actions are persistent and propagating, creating an everchanging world that keeps on turning by itself. The effort required in building such a complex underlying engine, training the sophisticated AI models, and assembling the vast computational resources required to run all of this is easily more impressive than the VRMMO aspect itself.

It's like what No Man's Sky aimed to do, except 10 orders of magnitude more complex. It sure as hell would be a game I would want to play, even if it's not a VRMMO.
It somehow sounded unconvincing. The players can kill high officials, even kings, and somehow it doesn't descend into anarchy? Is it because every time it happens, some subtly different NPC is generated to step into the shoes of the dead one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Well, people already can get attached to fictional characters and feel sad for them, Final Fantasy 7 comes back to my mind...
Now imagine if those characters are actually indistinguishable from a real person. It's not comparable to SAO, of course, but I can see why players might feel compelled to do everything they can to not let tians die.
Either the NPCs have achieved sapience, and the real ethical issues are horrifying yet untouched, which makes me not care, or they're merely well crafted bots, in which case we're just watching a guy play a game with very small stakes. That in itself isn't bad, but here I'm just not feeling it. It may be because, unlike most sports anime, the element of "effort" is almost absent. The guy just starts playing the game, does next to nothing, and somehow has what it takes to win a battle we're told matters.
Old 2020-01-11, 05:19   Link #35
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Actually what you said would happen if the King didn't had children. (that's how real Dendro is)
Old 2020-01-11, 05:30   Link #36
Lex79

Quote:
It somehow sounded unconvincing. The players can kill high officials, even kings, and somehow it doesn't descend into anarchy? Is it because every time it happens, some subtly different NPC is generated to step into the shoes of the dead one?
I think anarchy is actually a possible outcome but not the most likely one. First of all, for every important position there is probably a proper chain of command that ensure some survivability in the event a leader gets killed. Important go And are also probably quite strong (or are guarded by strong people) so only the more experienced players can kill them. Also for each player who enjoys playing a villain there is probably at least another who wants to be the hero and will oppose him if he tries to bring death and chaos to the world.
Old 2020-01-11, 06:02   Link #37
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
You are having questions like this because you are underestimating the both the level of atrocities that can occur in Dendro as well its level of consequences.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 07:11   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
^Actually what you said would happen if the King didn't had children. (that's how real Dendro is)
There should be plenty of people ready and willing to murder the whole family for the lulz. And the family after that, and so on. Both one at a time and in job lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I think anarchy is actually a possible outcome but not the most likely one. First of all, for every important position there is probably a proper chain of command that ensure some survivability in the event a leader gets killed. Important go And are also probably quite strong (or are guarded by strong people) so only the more experienced players can kill them. Also for each player who enjoys playing a villain there is probably at least another who wants to be the hero and will oppose him if he tries to bring death and chaos to the world.
The "villains" have the advantage of initiative, and players are basically immortal. The worst that happens is they die and retry three game days later. For NPCs to overcome that, they need to be either vastly more powerful than the players, or for "new" strong NPCs to be generated and fill the vacancies every time there's one.
Old 2020-01-11, 07:23   Link #39
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Ah, yeah, I'm dumb. You still don't have all the knowledge necessary that why I didn't understand your point.
It's not really spoiler, so won't use spoiler tags, but criminals have their Save Point removed and go to the Gaol (prison for players) if they're killed. It's another dimension and they can't escape. (prison term is based on your crimes, and can go for years)
That's why, while there are ciminals, there isn't that much trying to do what you said. And some who actually tried are already there.
Old 2020-01-11, 07:23   Link #40
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
There should be plenty of people ready and willing to murder the whole family for the lulz. And the family after that, and so on. Both one at a time and in job lots.
Even if there are such people, the matter then becomes if they can do it and if they're willing to take whatever consequences come of it.

Quote:
or for "new" strong NPCs to be generated and fill the vacancies every time there's one.
Remember what Brother Bear said? This world is realistic. Why would a world that allows NPC's to die have a function to create NPC's to take their place?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote