AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-26, 05:53   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kono Oto Tomare!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.134712

This is one of those manga for which I've thought an anime was long overdue. The staff doesn't look especially promising, but the story is awfully good and should be relatively hard to screw up too badly.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 13:18   Link #2
Blaat

Main cast have been revealed.

Chika Kudou (CV: Yuuma Uchida)
Takezou Kurata (CV: Junya Enoki)
Satowa Houzuki (CV: Atsumi Tanezaki)

I love Atsumi's voice but I'm not sure if she's right for Satowa.
Old 2018-12-23, 06:30   Link #3
Blaat

Unexpected great news: Kono Oto Tomare will be a split cour.
Old 2019-04-06, 21:13   Link #4
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
The first episode has aired on Funimation.

While Chika Kudou is your typical loud and violent delinquent, we got to see how he began to value his grandfathers profession and love of the koto. The scenes with them were quite touching. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Old 2019-04-07, 04:26   Link #5
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I watched this to see why people kept saying it's not like Hibike! Euphonium, well I can confirm that it's not like Hibike! Euphonium.

The character designs of the 2 leads kind of resembles the 2 male leads of Chihayafuru, so I went ahead and watched it thinking the plot might be the same as Chihayafuru, turns out it's not like Chihayafuru as well

And now I'm waiting to see what the female lead is like.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 09:23   Link #6
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I watched this to see why people kept saying it's not like Hibike! Euphonium
Not sure why they told you that. This manga is nothing like Euphonium. The only point in common is that it's about music.
Old 2019-04-07, 11:30   Link #7
Tenzen12

You don't know why would other people say exactly same thing as you do? That's bit schizophrenic.
Old 2019-04-07, 11:36   Link #8
zztop

Oto Tomare's mangaka used to write shoujo manga, so you may find the drama has some shoujo elements to it.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 11:41   Link #9
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, that was one hell of a kick. Surprised the dude was still alive after that. XP

Kind of a meh premiere to be honest. I don't recall there being a single instance of actual Koto playing in that entire episode. You'd think that's where the story would start off with but no. Makes me wonder if there is any passion for its own subject matter.

Not a fan of characters being stupidly judgemental either. It's a bit of a cliche.

Last edited by Haak; 2019-04-07 at 12:14.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 11:58   Link #10
HandofFate

lovely first episode.
characters are fun, looking forward to how everything plays out.
Old 2019-04-07, 19:12   Link #11
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wow, that was one hell of a kick. Surprised the dude was still alive after that. XP

Kind of a meh premiere to be honest. I don't recall there being a single instance of actual Koto playing in that entire episode. You'd think that's where the story would start off with but no. Makes me wonder if there is any passion for its own subject matter.
The manga is at 19 volumes and ongoing. Do you really have a problem with no koto playing in the first chapter?
Old 2019-04-07, 19:22   Link #12
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Not sure why they told you that. This manga is nothing like Euphonium. The only point in common is that it's about music.
Probably because of the Koto in the name, Euphonium is also a musical instrument and in the title of the other series, so they're similiar right?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-08, 01:26   Link #13
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The manga is at 19 volumes and ongoing. Do you really have a problem with no koto playing in the first chapter?
No, I'm sure there'll be Koto playing in the second episode even. I just thought it was an awfully weird omission for a first episode.
Old 2019-04-08, 01:31   Link #14
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
No, I'm sure there'll be Koto playing in the second episode even. I just thought it was an awfully weird omission for a first episode.
Technically there was a flashback scene with Takezo watching his senpays playing on the club presentation. Though, it was with no sound and went bad.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-08, 02:25   Link #15
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Well, to address the specific concern you raised I assure you wholeheartedly that no, the lack of performance in the first ep does not reflect a lack of passion for the subject matter. Anyuu is very passionate about the koto in the same way Suetsugu seems to be about Karuta.
Old 2019-04-12, 12:16   Link #16
drakinosh

Hmm, I had read the manga upto chapter 40-something, so I've been waiting for this to be animated for a while now. That said, Takezou's voice is still a disappointment.
drakinosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 15:20   Link #17
Blaat

As a manga reader the one thing I've been looking forward to above all else is finally hearing the characters play the koto. It didn't disappoint.
Old 2019-04-14, 07:59   Link #18
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well it kinda was for me considering Houzuki's playing kept being drowned out by Kudou's commentary. I wish they let the Koto playing speak for itself. Better than nothing I guess.

Was a decent episode though. Houzuki immediately made an impression on me. Kudou's earnestness is heartfelt but imo I just find Houzuki a lot more interesting thanks to the amount of bite she provides. Takezou is still just kind of there so I'm hoping he grows a bit.
Old 2019-04-14, 10:50   Link #19
Kazu-kun

Yeah, the koto playing scene was kind of disappointing, but I hope it will improve.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-04-14 at 21:09.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-21, 03:31   Link #20
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hozuki has been a great addition so far. I wish she were the main character instead because Takezou is still just kinda there, though at least Kudo managed to establish a link with Hozuki and has some great chemistry with her (*activates shipping goggles*).

Surprised the other dudes stuck around for as long as they did. Figured they'd be gone in minutes but it turns out they're sticking around for a lot longer. Speaking of which, I wish those madskillz grade schoolers stuck around for a bit longer. Would've liked to hear more of their performance as well *sigh*.