AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-01, 02:12   Link #261
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Doesn’t matter all that much any more TBH. Manga sales are beyond boffo and that’s generating a ton of cash. If disc sales are weak it’s most likely because manga readers by and large seem dissatisfied with the adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 09:23   Link #262
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Doesn’t matter all that much any more TBH. Manga sales are beyond boffo and that’s generating a ton of cash. If disc sales are weak it’s most likely because manga readers by and large seem dissatisfied with the adaptation.
Maybe I am remembering wrong but I thought it did not get that much of a manga sells bump. Or at least it was way smaller than what the "hit" shows have been pushing out in the last few years.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 09:34   Link #263
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Maybe I am remembering wrong but I thought it did not get that much of a manga sells bump. Or at least it was way smaller than what the "hit" shows have been pushing out in the last few years.
It’s up to 23 million domestic volumes sold, which is a huge number for a series with only 12 volumes. It didn’t have as many volumes to pump as most of the other recent blockbusters when their anime hit, plus the manga was already a huge seller. Not to mention hugely popular overseas.
Old 2023-02-06, 12:21   Link #264
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Yeah, the manga was a big hit way before the anime was even revealed. I guess Japan didn't like MAPPA's take? I mean, they made many changes?
Old 2023-02-07, 21:28   Link #265
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Some people think that the anime didn't feel like anime... which is a weird take because Fujimoto had always liked Hollywood movies, and even Fujimoto himself is "heavily involved" in the production of the anime.

Tatsuki Fujimoto Is Heavily Involved in Chainsaw Man Anime's Production
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-08, 00:45   Link #266
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Some people think that the anime didn't feel like anime... which is a weird take because Fujimoto had always liked Hollywood movies, and even Fujimoto himself is "heavily involved" in the production of the anime.

Some people have too much time on their hands.
Old 2023-02-08, 21:45   Link #267
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

The director literally said himself that he didn't want to make an anime-ish anime
It doesn't get more clear cut than that

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-08, 21:58   Link #268
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Yeah, the manga was a big hit way before the anime was even revealed. I guess Japan didn't like MAPPA's take? I mean, they made many changes?
The style.
The anime isn't as goofy and awkward as the anime.
Many scenes that really stuck me from the manga failed to trigger my emotion much in the anime.
It felt way too plain in comparison.

VA is a problem too. The acting is just passable only.
Especially Denji. It simply lacks that you "terrible and also pitiful thing" feel to it.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, horror