Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-02, 20:44   Link #181
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Mieruko-chan. Episode 11. She Looks

Only one more episode left.

So, we were mistaken on everything about Zen from surface to the bottom.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-05, 01:50   Link #182
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Only one more episode left.
So, we were mistaken on everything about Zen from surface to the bottom.

I absolutely love when stories can trick you this way. Mieruko-chan was chock full of surprises. It's gonna be hard to keep my mouth shut during group rewatches.
Old 2022-02-06, 02:26   Link #183
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Mieruko-chan. Last Thoughts

Episode 12. The Girl Who Sees, Mieruko-chan

It's been quite the long journey for me after all the procrastination I did to get to the end of this show.

Spoiler for The most intense moment...:

But, we as the audience should have felt relieved to learn the whole ordeal was just Miko having a nightmare, right?.

However, what begs the question is if said nightmare was just a coda in order to pull out a narrative twist? or should it be interpreted instead as a bad omen foreshadowing more insane events coming at Miko's way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
I absolutely love when stories can trick you this way. Mieruko-chan was chock full of surprises. It's gonna be hard to keep my mouth shut during group rewatches.
It is wishful thinking from my part expecting the kami & spirits at the shrine turning it out the opposite just like we thought of Zen when he was first introduced in the second episode.

The shrine itself bears lots of unexplored mysteries beginning with the unreadable kanji at the gates, which may or not possibly yield a hint on the shrine's background. But for the time being, I will take it as a red flag further complemented by Mitsue reacting to the picture of Miko & Hana at that place.

Overall, I haven't had some good, old-fashioned goosebumps for quite a while, and Mieruko-chan delivers without compromising the frightening and creepy quality of its ghostly cast.
A definite and solid view for me to rewatch this show on this year's Halloween season.

I'm standing-by if a second season for the anime ever materializes due that the season's finale finished on an ominous cliffhanger.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, horror