AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-10, 16:39   Link #81
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Hiromi and Shin to appear on Maury's in episode 9
That was hilarious.

I was thinking the whole they might be sibling thing would happen sooner or later. Shin's mom was shocked that Hiromi remembered the convo. Which made me think.
Spoiler for theory:

Atleast this whole sibling thing evens out the playing field for Noe/Ai-chan. Although I can still see in a later episode they get a DNA test done and it's false and Hiromi has a late comeback for the win.
Old 2008-02-10, 16:56   Link #82
UPR

I have another reason why im thinking the whole sibling thing is false. (im basing this in on random curiosity blog).

If it was Shin's mother that told Hiromi this, would it not be maybe a ploy to make Hiromi not get involved with Shin? I mean we all assume Shin's dad had a affair. It does not mean it's true (as of right now) since no direct confermation has been said by Shin's dad. I mean his (shin) mom could have gotten the wrong impression.

Though I could be wrong about him not having the affair.
Old 2008-02-10, 17:06   Link #83
diopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Spoiler for theory:
Glad to see so many different interpretations. Not sure if anyone else has the same theory as mine, since I didn't read all the posts. But I think Shin's mom said what she said to Hiromi out of spite and probably as a way to deter Hiromi from simply having a relationship with Shinichiro; in other words, a scare tactic.

Now, time for the wild stab in the sky: the reason may be because Shin's dad is just like Shinichiro (AKA "Nice Guy"), and that he gave up Hiromi's mom to his best friend, which makes Shin's mom feel like used good since she was not his "first choice." So Shin's mom doesn't want anything to do with Hiromi and her family. It would be akin to "Your mom stole my husband's heart, and now you want to do the same to my son?" In addition, the shock of Shin's mom to me was like "I said that just to scare you away, I can't believe you actually believed it."
Old 2008-02-10, 17:10   Link #84
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think we can also take this a notch further and should be able to have a guess on the circumstances that lead to the state of mind Shin's mother is in. My couple of theories in the briefest of words are: [a] Two guys (Shin's dad and Hiromi's dad), one girl (Hiromi's mother) [b] Two girls (Hiromi's mother and Shin's mother), one guy (Shin's dad).
Interesting point this...up til now I've never really thought about the 2 guys 1 girl scenario and it can definitely work. But lets see which of the two has the most chance of working...

1) From the impression if got from shin's mother, she is obviously jealous of hiromi's mother. This hints that out of the whatever relationship they ended up with, shin's mother ended up with the loser or at least things didn't work out fo her as planned. This points towards the 2 girls 1 guy scenario if she lost to hiromi's mother and ended up with the loser second choice.

2) Also from shin's mother...she seems to think that hiromi was being "easy" when she was brough home by number 4. Like mother like daughter? Seem to me that she is hinting that Hiromi's mother was nothing but a two timing slut. Now if this means that out of an accident that hiromi's mother had a one night stand with shin's father then this probably points towards the 2 guys 1 girl scenario. Maybe she is jealous that her husband slept with another woman and that woman happened to leave a slutty impression - a trait that hiromi is expressing.

This would also make sense why shin's dad want to take care of hiromi because he feels the guilt...and also explains why he isn't taking much action towards his wife's coldness towards hiromi because he still feels guilty of that night.

3) 2 guys 1 girl mainly because shin's dad doesn't look like the type that girls will fall for

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-10, 17:10   Link #85
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I don't understand. Why would they hide Hiromi's true birth date?
Old 2008-02-10, 17:37   Link #86
cnnydz
Feed me

it is better if Hiromi and shin don't do a dna test. if they did and find out that they really are siblings, then it will be the end for them, but if they don't they can still live in denial as there won't be any proof.
Old 2008-02-10, 17:49   Link #87
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekitty View Post
good epi
i liked how shin stood up for hiromi in front of his mother (finally)
funny belt scene at the end!
I think their over doing this silly Noe trend.
* Cats likes prophet/wiseman Noe much better.
Old 2008-02-10, 18:22   Link #88
dojikyo

Ten. Were some of the twists predictable, yes? But I doubt anyone thought they would come out this soon. That and the presentation was excellent.
Old 2008-02-10, 18:26   Link #89
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So many interruption before I could press the submit button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
1) From the impression if got from shin's mother, she is obviously jealous of hiromi's mother. This hints that out of the whatever relationship they ended up with, shin's mother ended up with the loser or at least things didn't work out fo her as planned. This points towards the 2 girls 1 guy scenario if she lost to hiromi's mother and ended up with the loser second choice.

3) 2 guys 1 girl mainly because shin's dad doesn't look like the type that girls will fall for
Agreed!!!!! Here is a probable scenario:

Shin's mother was in love with Shin's dad, but she goes unnoticed by Shin's dad until Hiromi's mom chooses Hiromi's dad. Situation changes and Shin's dad chooses the secondary girl which is Shin's mom. Even though Shin's mom got her man in the end, she still didn't feel secure considering she was the secondary choice. It can't be easy for anyone who has the utmost devotion and love for someone and yet s/he feels his/her affection (in this case, Shin's mother) isn't being equally returned by that someone. That's perhaps the reason why Shin's mom was jealous of (more like hatred..) Hiromi's mom. High tension must have ensued any time the two families met in any social gathering.

Shin's mother is so hard on Hiromi probably because Hiromi is so strikingly similar looking to her mother. She obviously hasn't gotten over the past and so things get worse when Hiromi comes to live with Shin's family and Hiromi serves as a constant reminder as to who shin's dad really loved.

Quote:
2) Also from shin's mother...she seems to think that hiromi was being "easy" when she was brough home by number 4. Like mother like daughter? Seem to me that she is hinting that Hiromi's mother was nothing but a two timing slut.
Most definitely that's the case! If we consider the above, Hiromi's defensive stance toward Shin's mom whenever she tries to talk about Hiromi's mom and how much she is alike, Hiromi's reaction seems very reasonable. Most of us won't be able to tolerate any slender against our parents.

Quote:
Now if this means that out of an accident that hiromi's mother had a one night stand with shin's father then this probably points towards the 2 guys 1 girl scenario. Maybe she is jealous that her husband slept with another woman and that woman happened to leave a slutty impression - a trait that hiromi is expressing.
I believe that's just an assumption made by a very jealous woman which is Shin's mom. What lead to that assumption is another matter. I've theories on that matter as well, but I won't go into it today. Unfortunately we don't know yet why Hiromi believes Shin's mom story. Actually we do, but it still doesn't explain few other things. We are missing few more pieces before the whole picture should become clear by itself.
Old 2008-02-10, 18:28   Link #90
ZODDGUTS

Wow great episode who were the idiots that voted this episode a 4 and a 1 must have been kimikiss fans who are jealous as to how good this show is compared to that show.

Anyways the reactions of both Nobuse and Shin were really well done especially Nobuse poor dude look like it was a really big shock for him eventhough he had a feeling that Aiko liked Shin. Wonder how Nobuse will act in the next episode to Shin woudn't be surprise if he ends up getting in a fight with Shin.

Quote:
Remember that it is not set in stone. Even Shin mother was surprised that Hiromi still remembered that, maybe it was a bad joke and she expected Hiromi not to take it seriously.
Yeah found that to be odd that Shin's mom acted surprised that Hiomi still rememberd. I mean of course that's something that someone would remember. So if what she said isn't true then why did she say it?

Maybe as some posters suggested she was spiteful towards Hiromi probably because her husband may have had a thing for Hiromi's mom but gave her up for her friend making shin's mom a 2nd choice causing her not to be so fond of Hiromi's mom. Or possibly Shin's mom liked Hiromi's dad but was taken by Hiromi's mom by sleeping with him which explains as to why she's saying to Hiromi that she's easy like her mom.

Anyways looking forward to the next episode... CAT FIGHT!
Old 2008-02-10, 18:43   Link #91
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
This episode was really a massive point of the story.

I like on how well the storyline is being told.

9/10 for me
Old 2008-02-10, 18:52   Link #92
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it was very predictable, but it was very well executed. 9/10 from me. anyways, it would be far too easy for shin and hiromi to get a dna test. and of course, there's still 7 eps left, so they have to have some sort of conflict.

and yeah, this show is going a lot better than kimikiss as of now.. lol
Old 2008-02-10, 19:16   Link #93
Hage-bai
Banned

Look like Shin's dad can't keep it in his pants if true. Too impatient to wait 9 months I guess.
Old 2008-02-10, 20:38   Link #94
Zanshun

How about if Shin's father is who was thought to be Hiromi's father?? Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, maybe Shin's father cheated after learning of his wife's indiscretions. Shin's mother definitely seems the type who would be a big hypocrite. I was fearful of the sibling thing, and the way it was brought out this episode I don't think they can sweep it under the rug just because of the probably, that who is considered Shin's father is indeed Hiromi's father. So its either another twist or a forbidden love route. I think this episode cemented that its still each other they have in their hearts and I don't wanna see each of them turn from that.

Ai-chan came off really bad this episode, I actually felt bad for Nobuse as its clear he lives up to Shin's guarantee of being a good guy. Though I guess it does give Shin a choice of someone to date rather then Noe so that he could exercise his free will, but I don't really wanna see that. Wouldn't want to see Shin play a part in hurting Nobuse, plus Noe came out even more adorable after this episode.
Old 2008-02-10, 21:10   Link #95
cloudninja

I found the exchange between Shinichiro and Noe an interesting one.

Shinichiro said that he felt like a chicken in a poultry farm that had to accept whatever comes along. I think that's what he has been doing all his life.
Noe tells him that he is a special chicken like Raigomaru who aims for the skies, one that has free will and is special.

Once again it reminds me of what I've thought about Noe since the beginning, that Noe plays the role of getting Shinichiro to the point where he takes matters in his own hands instead of letting things happen. He has to decide what he wants and go after it regardless of his fears or what others think. He needs to fight for what he wants even if there's a chance of failure instead of fearing what might happen. Whether it's Hiromi, Noe, or Aiko he needs to make his own choice and follow through rather than let things happen to him or have others make choices for him that he has to live with. That includes firmly defying his mother about pursuing a career as a picture book artist if that is really what he wants. That's when Shinichiro can actually fly in Noe's chicken analogy and hopefully we'll see it happen.

I think there's a path for happiness for Shin and any of the girls he chooses. If it's Hiromi I think it would turn out somehow that they're actually not related. The thing is that with Shinichiro being the way he is now he won't even pursue the matter so they would never find out for sure, letting his fear prevent him from opening that path and he would end up with someone else, possibly living in regret. If he can "fly" then he would have the courage to pursue the matter instead of fearing it and end up unraveling the truth and additional secrets that his parents may be hiding, unlocking that path of happiness for himself and Hiromi. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I think this show is partly about the growth of Shinichiro that will happen to allow him to pursue his dreams.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:11   Link #96
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Alright, so here are my thoughts on this, hopefully i use this spoiler thing right, it's gonna be about this episode so here goes:

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2008-02-10, 22:59   Link #97
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
And I think ka mo shirenai ("may be") is often not quite so uncertain as it seems. I think people often use it to soften the statement, not because they really think there is any doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Thanks Kaoru for the explanation and correcting few parts about my post,really appreciate it...i just love how you explain those terms in the simplest way.

Actually, I checked and "tabun" is the word for what Kaouru described above. " ka mo shirenai"
is when you know something but you are not sure if is true or not, or in this case second hand information. You use "ka mo shirenai" when there is a possibility of something. If we put it in percentages, Tabun is something 99% sure, while "ka mo shirenai" has a 50-50% chance.
Old 2008-02-10, 23:09   Link #98
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

watched the sub version so...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-10, 23:10   Link #99
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Wow great episode who were the idiots that voted this episode a 4 and a 1 must have been kimikiss fans who are jealous as to how good this show is compared to that show.
the people that voted 4 and 1 were not using the poll correctly. They used the poll to express how they felt after they watched the episode instead of rating "how good" the episode was. you should take those rating and reversed them because the episode did what it was supposed. It caused them to lose their "AT field" and turned into a pool of "LCL"[Evangelion referance] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Ge...n_glossary#LCL
Old 2008-02-10, 23:11   Link #100
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

yeah i could call up my japanese friend if you want to settle this haha
Closed Thread