AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 04:17   Link #121
Westlo
Lets be reality

Soon Alto will be yelling LOUD NOISES!!!! during battle.
Old 2008-07-25, 04:26   Link #122
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Spoiler for 16:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for 16:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-25, 04:58   Link #123
pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Spoiler:
Yes, I agree, after all who expected that Roy would die in "Pineapple salad"
Old 2008-07-25, 05:02   Link #124
Westlo
Lets be reality

The deaths in episode 17 and 18 in the original Macross were great surprises, if what might happen to Ozma next episode actually happens... when it's the first episode that might actually focus on him a little bit.. horrible, cliche and amateur writing that is waaaaaaaaaaaay to telegraphed. What next if that happens? Klan magically micro's properly, kisses Michael and than Michael dies in battle.
Old 2008-07-25, 06:18   Link #125
bakamono

Maybe it won't be Ozma or Brera. It could be Ai-kun too. Ranka has been like a "sister" for taking it in as a pet and there is even the Ranka x Vajura relation too. Maybe it will evolve and go away or get killed by the people of Frontier because it is enemy. This could make a reason more for Ranka to reconsider about which ways she wants to sing.
Old 2008-07-25, 07:28   Link #126
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am also just as interested to find out the actual fate of Raramia. There were clearly 3 pixies in front of Macross Quarter during the sortie . . . .

Poor Sheryl, everything about her is now replaced by Ranka images. *sigh*

On the other hand, never got to liking DC much. Had always loved Don't be late, and now this.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-25, 07:45   Link #127
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am also just as interested to find out the actual fate of Raramia. There were clearly 3 pixies in front of Macross Quarter during the sortie . . . .

- Tak
She was shot square in the face by a red Vajra while charging head-on to the Vajra mothership. Didn't you watch the whole episode? Klan was clearly screaming "RARAMIA!" when the pixie went boom.

Not to mention that Alto nearly cried...
Old 2008-07-25, 07:50   Link #128
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
She was shot square in the face by a red Vajra while charging head-on to the Vajra mothership. Didn't you watch the whole episode? Klan was clearly screaming "RARAMIA!" when the pixie went boom.

Then why is there three Pixies in front of Quarter? Didn't you watch the whole episode or read my entire post? There were clearly three Pixies in front of Quarter.

Not to mention that Klan didn't even pause for a moment of grieve in Episode 15.

- Tak (On the other hand, I don't care if Raramia died or not, but I am just as interested in finding out who the other Pixie pilot is)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-25, 07:50   Link #129
ReddyRedWolf

I'm guessing Richard Bilrer is like Charlie he has more where that came from.
Old 2008-07-25, 07:51   Link #130
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

Exactly, so who ws piloting that 3rd Queadluun

Quote:
Not to mention that Klan didn't even pause for a moment of grieve in Episode 15.
Klan probably only cries for Mikhail
Or she's tough as nails and will just kick som bugbutt to vent it out
Old 2008-07-25, 08:16   Link #131
ReddyRedWolf

Well for all we know Mr. Bilrer has a combat maid that can macronize to fill in the gap.
Old 2008-07-25, 09:49   Link #132
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Ah yes speculation about the next episode already abundant. I'd say
Spoiler for ep 17:

Anyway, this episode has a dark feel to it. Even Aimo gets a dark version.
Old 2008-07-25, 10:17   Link #133
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Then why is there three Pixies in front of Quarter? Didn't you watch the whole episode or read my entire post? There were clearly three Pixies in front of Quarter.
Old stock footage they forgot to clean up? Lord knows they used enough old footage during the whole battle sequence. Or it could just be a replacement.
Old 2008-07-25, 10:27   Link #134
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Old stock footage they forgot to clean up? Lord knows they used enough old footage during the whole battle sequence. Or it could just be a replacement.
Itīs a completely new scene, not used before in MF.
Old 2008-07-25, 12:47   Link #135
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
...horrible, cliche and amateur writing that is waaaaaaaaaaaay to telegraphed....
Sometimes, when something is telegraphed, it elevates it to the status of tragedy: unavoidable fate. I'm not saying that is or is not the case here, but it could be. Not everything has to be a shallow surprise. It could be a deep inevitability. The Ozma figure (the long-time super pilot) was killed off in SDF Macross. Is that true in all Macross shows?

Anyway, I loved this episode, as I have most of the others. Especially the battle scenes, strangely. Loved the battle song. Loved the new ED (though not more than the old). A sad and frustrating episode that lays the groundwork for big doings: between Alto and Sheryl, between Ranka and Grace/Brera/the universe.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:28   Link #136
ani_d

Quote:
^ The new ED sequence heavily hints at Sheryl being a pilot with all the Valkyrie shots and they really lingered on her pilot suit sketches. Going by the ED she's either going to be a pilot or hook up with Alto.. probably both! XD
lol Shipping makes people think strange thoughts.

Quote:
Shipping makes people think strange thoughts

It's like a certain group of fans have forgot that..

Brera shot at him and Luca in episode 7
Brera put Klan out of action and was trying to do the same to Alto in episode 9
Brera and Alto's dogfight in episode 13

Of course he should be pissed lol
The last one HAS something to do with Ranka and that was the last straw. It hit home. They all piled up. Brera saved Ranka for him, twice actually, he could atleast spare him a little slack. He didn't have to attack him, call him an "eyesore" and be all childish. The fact that this guy kept hindering him with what he wants to do is what's ticking him off. It's subtle, but you don't have to think of an excuse to say that Ranka has nothing to do with how Alto reacts towards Brera. Even the BreraxAlto clash near the end made this issue a little clearer if it wasn't clear enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Plus Michel says "enjoy yourselves" or "take your time" as he leaves. It takes some mighty fine twisting to turn that into Michel being displeased...
Plus, how did Michael look pleased at the sight of Sheryl inside Alto's dorm? This is the same guy who set him up with his birthday present Ranka.

His expression wasn't " Lovebirds are at it again. *sigh* Enjoy yourselves." his expression was like this ---> "....whatever. *sigh* Enjoy yourselves." There wasn't even a hint of a lecherous smile on his face. You'd think he'll more likely react this way but he didn't, especially when he entered the room.

How is this twisting it? lol Michael wasn't pleased, but he also wouldn't be too Nanase to tell Alto that he shouldn't be with Sheryl which explains his whatever-ish reaction. He wouldn't pry that far. It's like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Spoiler:
I hope you're right and this isn't another case of reverse psychology that they always cook up in their spoilers. Why would they name next episode's title as Goodbye Sister if noone is going to say goodbye. :| I'm just so convinced things are set, plus the fact that Ozma's death can open up a lot of character development and plot development for Ranka and the others VS my own bias of not wanting Ozma to die because it will be sad, it kind of outweighs the latter if I were to look at it from a writer's POV.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:34   Link #137
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Why would they name next episode's title as Goodbye Sister if noone is going to say goodbye. :|
Why did they name Episode 6 "Bye Bye Sheryl" when she's still here 10 episodes later?

These production staff are REALLY sneaky. I need to write a post about how misleading the synopsis have been recently. The mind games they have been playing are really good . So don't count' Ozuma out until he's buried.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:49   Link #138
zalem

Quote:

The last one HAS something to do with Ranka and that was the last straw. It hit home. They all piled up. Brera saved Ranka for him, twice actually, he could atleast spare him a little slack. He didn't have to attack him, call him an "eyesore" and be all childish. The fact that this guy kept hindering him with what he wants to do is what's ticking him off. It's subtle, but you don't have to think of an excuse to say that Ranka has nothing to do with how Alto reacts towards Brera. Even the BreraxAlto clash near the end made this issue a little clearer if it wasn't clear enough.
I do think it has to do with Ranka as well as all the times Brera has interfered with Alto. It's a combo of everything. I imagine Alto will only get worse, especially if Brera gets closer to Ranka. Wouldn't be surprised if he tries something retarded like that again. He was just plain rude and acting like a little child throwing a temper tantrum. Oniichan Brera might need to knock some sense into him again at some later date. He's obviously not going to let little sister hang out with such an idiot (even if he doesn't realize the true reasons behind his protectiveness of Ranka).

I mean that in a playful way....or maybe not. Alto can be really stupid sometimes.

Quote:
Plus, how did Michael look pleased at the sight of Sheryl inside Alto's dorm? This is the same guy who set him up with his birthday present Ranka.

His expression wasn't " Lovebirds are at it again. *sigh* Enjoy yourselves." his expression was like this ---> "....whatever. *sigh* Enjoy yourselves." There wasn't even a hint of a lecherous smile on his face. You'd think he'll more likely react this way but he didn't, especially when he entered the room.

How is this twisting it? lol Michael wasn't pleased, but he also wouldn't be too Nanase to tell Alto that he shouldn't be with Sheryl which explains his whatever-ish reaction. He wouldn't pry that far. It's like that.
I have to disagree with you on this one. When he walked in and first saw them he was teasing them. In no way did he look displeased. He only got that exasperated look on his face after they started fighting again. His reaction seemed to me more like a "Not again!" type of reaction rather than one of outright disapproval of them being together. I guess they bicker a lot and he was just like "ugh...more bickering"

Last edited by zalem; 2008-07-25 at 14:03.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:58   Link #139
herbert

Quote:
Sigh. Why you love strawman this much is beyond me. How about read this part of his post?
Quote:
You know Alto has valid reasons to be pissed at Brera not counting Ranka..
I strongly believe he just reminded you Ranka was not sole reason, perhaps even not one of main reasons that Brera pisses Alto out.

Don't let your shipping goggles carry you too far, we are not your enemy, you don't need to destroy us (and you can't, BleachOD has already proved it)
Old 2008-07-25, 14:17   Link #140
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:

Actually his expression could be a number of things...one particular scenario is that he came back to his bunk to chill and to find Alto and Sheryl there wasn't his idea of self relaxation

Which reminds me of back in college, I had walked in on my roommate riding some guy and that wasn't exactly a pleasant thing to come home to (dorm rooms just suck sometimes LOL)....needless to say they got hitched years later I pretty much said something quite similar to what Michel had told them and left.

Whether he approves of Alto/Sheryl or not, no can exactly be thrilled to walk into the middle of something...even if nothing happened.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Last edited by lone_wolf; 2008-07-25 at 14:43. Reason: mispelling
Closed Thread