AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-25, 06:51   Link #26701
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Yes! Weaken the won! Ease export restrictions! So I can go for holidays and buy real actual lolis to cuddle in BOTH Japan and Korea - *gets run over by a K2 Black Panther*
Are you sure you want another korean girl..

Old 2013-02-25, 06:52   Link #26702
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Are you sure you want another korean girl..
He always is. You should start learning Saintessian.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:57   Link #26703
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I want a Korean loli, not some bratty hime-sama bossy nee-san.

Then again, with the rest of the world desiring Korean or Japanese products, I think that depression would boost exports, but would it damage their society due to lowered wages or lowered quality of goods? I don't know, but something tells me they should both focus on domestic consumption rather than the outside world consuming their products.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-25, 08:13   Link #26704
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Then again, with the rest of the world desiring Korean or Japanese products, I think that depression would boost exports, but would it damage their society due to lowered wages or lowered quality of goods? I don't know, but something tells me they should both focus on domestic consumption rather than the outside world consuming their products.
Disagree, I think Korea is only where it is now because of exports (of both physical and cultural products).

I don't think this export focused approach has damaged Korean wages, as as far as I can tell, Korean companies have been focusing on getting savings from efficiency, not low wages.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:25   Link #26705
monsta666

50% of South Korean GDP comes from its exports. Around 50% of its GDP comes from its 5 largest chaebols. Make no mistake South Korea is highly dependent on the spending power of foreign nations. Problem is demand in Europe and the US is rather soft so growth in those markets will be limited. The hope is for the market in China to expand but China has its own issues so growth in that market cannot be assured and is likely to also be limited.

Another issue is the value of the yen has declined 15% against the dollar since November and Abe has made it clear he wishes to pursue loose monetary policies and devalue the yen further. This will make South Korean exports less competitive to Japan who are their main rivals for high quality electronic products. It does not help either that South Korea's won has increased some 10% against the dollar around this time period. It is also difficult for the South Korean to increase domestic consumption as that would require workers to be paid a higher wage which would make their exports less competitive in the global market. In addition household debt in Korea is high at 160% of disposable income so finances are strained as it is and it is difficult to expect much growth in personal spending.
Old 2013-02-25, 16:04   Link #26706
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I actually think the present is a lot better then the past, morality wise.

Point me to a single point in history where things were "better" and I can give you a dozen reasons why things were worse.
I would say so too, that when people are given a chance to do good things, they will. Well, surely there are those that will do bad things regardless, but that just happens.

I have seen as well as experienced, too many unsolicited acts of generosity and kindness to discount that, and have acquired too many diffrent ideas from other individuals to believe that humanity is in decline. I think that having so much easy access to information have given people opportunities to become better people.

A lot of the cynical will argue they're only doing it out of self-gratification, but I don't really see anything wrong with that. People should feel good doing good things.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-02-25, 20:00   Link #26707
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That decline in the yen has saved me a little over $14 on the last BD I purchased from Japan verses back in November.
Old 2013-02-25, 20:19   Link #26708
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The Sabah Claims Continues

Mercy Ship goes to Sabah
Old 2013-02-25, 20:38   Link #26709
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Chinese transport "workhorses" extending military's reach
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91O15V20130225
Old 2013-02-26, 01:00   Link #26710
GundamFan0083

Well this could be a problem if it effects torrents.

Net providers begin warning of illegal downloads
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2134718...egal-downloads
Old 2013-02-26, 01:28   Link #26711
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Well this could be a problem if it effects torrents.

Net providers begin warning of illegal downloads
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2134718...egal-downloads
This is likely to primarily affect "US intellectual property" items but expect a small increase in IRC, Usenet, as well as user-friendly encrypted DDL tools.
Old 2013-02-26, 03:39   Link #26712
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta666 View Post
50% of South Korean GDP comes from its exports. Around 50% of its GDP comes from its 5 largest chaebols. Make no mistake South Korea is highly dependent on the spending power of foreign nations. Problem is demand in Europe and the US is rather soft so growth in those markets will be limited. The hope is for the market in China to expand but China has its own issues so growth in that market cannot be assured and is likely to also be limited.

Another issue is the value of the yen has declined 15% against the dollar since November and Abe has made it clear he wishes to pursue loose monetary policies and devalue the yen further. This will make South Korean exports less competitive to Japan who are their main rivals for high quality electronic products. It does not help either that South Korea's won has increased some 10% against the dollar around this time period. It is also difficult for the South Korean to increase domestic consumption as that would require workers to be paid a higher wage which would make their exports less competitive in the global market. In addition household debt in Korea is high at 160% of disposable income so finances are strained as it is and it is difficult to expect much growth in personal spending.
Well to be honest, it's actually about time Japan did something about the yen...

ROK will simply have to find new ways to adapt
Old 2013-02-26, 04:26   Link #26713
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Italy faces post-vote stalemate, spooking investors
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91M0EB20130226
Quote:
The Italian stock market fell and state borrowing costs rose on Tuesday as investors took fright at political deadlock after a stunning election that saw a protest party lead the poll and no group had a clear majority in parliament.
Old 2013-02-26, 10:49   Link #26714
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

If you thought the food mislabeling scandal was only happening in Europe, think again.

Most U.S. tuna isn’t really tuna, and confusion can lead to oily anal leakage
Old 2013-02-26, 10:56   Link #26715
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

With all those stuff going about bad food, it isn't just affecting humans;

Dog food recall underscores toxic danger in drought-hit U.S. corn

I am going to Flonyard for meals once the portal is made permanently open. At least I get to cuddle a loli doggie while eating cake made of real flour.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-26, 19:52   Link #26716
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Italy faces post-vote stalemate, spooking investors
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91M0EB20130226
I hope Berlusconi is not going to get re-elected again, especially not after all the scandals hitting him since a long time.

Meanwhile, looks like some people still don't get it about tuition fees even though tuition hikes are very modest compared to what was proposed by the previous provincial government. As a result, they love wasting their money on breaking things and fighting cops.

Demonstration turns into confrontation
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/qu...frontation.php (article in French)

What happened last spring was a total black eye for my home city. Some people never learn...

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-02-26 at 20:03.
Old 2013-02-26, 22:37   Link #26717
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Testimony begins in BP oil spill trial

Quote:
BP Plc fostered a culture that put cost-cutting over safety before the deadly 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, a noted forensic engineer said in the first day of testimony in the federal civil trial centred on the disaster.

"There is ample evidence of intense pressure within the system to save time and money," Bob Bea, co-founder of the Center for Catastrophic Risk Management at the University of California, Berkeley, said on Tuesday.

"With stress and pressure come sacrifices to safety."
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americ...120252424.html

Old 2013-02-27, 04:32   Link #26718
Traece
:cool:

I'm hesitant to post this as the news isn't older than a couple hours, and hasn't really seen light beyond a South Korean website, but this appears to be catching a bit of speed.

North Korean propaganda claims they can wipe the U.S. off the face of the Earth.
Old 2013-02-27, 04:36   Link #26719
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I'm hesitant to post this as the news isn't older than a couple hours, and hasn't really seen light beyond a South Korean website, but this appears to be catching a bit of speed.

North Korea claims they can wipe the U.S. off the face of the Earth.
Says the mouse to the elephant.
Old 2013-02-27, 04:39   Link #26720
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Says the mouse to the elephant.
This article made me laugh, a lot.

I don't think any one country actually has the ability to complete wipe the U.S. off the face of the Earth in any form.

edit: From a more scientific standpoint. As in, I highly doubt that the combined blasts of any one arsenal would be able to wipe out every population center even beyond countermeasures.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international