Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-08-10, 04:06   Link #30501
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Soooo.......How many of you are gonna play the waiting game with me now for the MG 3.0 G3 Gundam???
*raise a hand*

I always like the G3 version. IIRC so far, there's always a G3 version for each RX-78-2 MG (except ver. 1.5). Or maybe Bandai will do something different this time and give us RX-78-1 version instead .

Old 2013-08-10, 05:29   Link #30502
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Just wondering.. How many people are getting the MG Age-2 Normal SP Forces (online exclusive), MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 (online exclusive), and or the MG Strike Rouge Ootori?
Old 2013-08-10, 16:29   Link #30503
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
*raise a hand*

I always like the G3 version. IIRC so far, there's always a G3 version for each RX-78-2 MG (except ver. 1.5). Or maybe Bandai will do something different this time and give us RX-78-1 version instead .

Or both! (personally like the G3 the best out of all the RX-78s, but the 1 is nice too)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 17:19   Link #30504
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Or both! (personally like the G3 the best out of all the RX-78s, but the 1 is nice too)
My favorite RX-78 was actually RX-78-6 Mudrock out of the seven RX-78s . RX-78-5 G05 is a close second, especially if it's equipped with its gattling gun. G3 is my third favorite.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-08-10, 19:09   Link #30505
Providenceangle

I have a simple answer. Buy 3.0, modify it and paint it. That or pay someone to do it lol
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 22:03   Link #30506
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
I have a simple answer. Buy 3.0, modify it and paint it. That or pay someone to do it lol
Well, we wait just in case G3 3.0 is gonna be released as a regular item like its G3 1.0 & G3 2.0 predecessors. It’d be cheaper and more practical to get it than painting the RX-78-2 3.0.
Old 2013-08-11, 11:20   Link #30507
Providenceangle

Well I know one thing. If they don't release RG Impulse, I'll use

To make it.
Old 2013-08-11, 16:41   Link #30508
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, we wait just in case G3 3.0 is gonna be released as a regular item like its G3 1.0 & G3 2.0 predecessors. It’d be cheaper and more practical to get it than painting the RX-78-2 3.0.
^^^THIS^^^

I dont spray paint since the weather where Im at varies alot, also it rains a ton up here and painting inside is out of the question

Quote:
Well I know one thing. If they don't release RG Impulse, I'll use

To make it.
Shouldn't you wait? The third DESTINY RG might be the Impulse (not as likely as the Justice, but its probably the next choice)
Old 2013-08-11, 16:48   Link #30509
Providenceangle

I'm just saying "if". I'll get it anyway. I don't really want to get a MG Strike Freedom so, I'll settle for the RG. If they don't make it, I'll get an extra RG SF and then the HG impulse and go from there.
Old 2013-08-11, 16:53   Link #30510
Skye629

Quote:
I'm just saying "if". I'll get it anyway. I don't really want to get a MG Strike Freedom so, I'll settle for the RG. If they don't make it, I'll get an extra RG SF and then the HG impulse and go from there.
Wouldn't the RG Destiny be easier to mod though? Their shapes are more similar, and if you get the SF to mod you may have more work cut out for you in some areas

On another note, is your mode purely aesthetic or are you gonna try to fully replicate the transformation/splitting?
Old 2013-08-11, 17:10   Link #30511
Providenceangle

I'll use the MG to show the differences:

Now if I were to mod a RG, which one looks more like the Impulse?

Quote:
On another note, is your mode purely aesthetic or are you gonna try to fully replicate the transformation/splitting?

Just cosmetic. I don't care for transformation gimmicks.

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-08-12 at 09:17.
Old 2013-08-11, 20:28   Link #30512
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Hey guys, where would I be able to get replacement parts for a model kit?

I lost one of those connectors that connects the leg to the main body on the MG Tallgeese, and now I can't finish the model =/.
Old 2013-08-12, 06:26   Link #30513
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

I lost one of those connectors that connects the leg to the main body on the MG Tallgeese, and now I can't finish the model =/.
I honestly don’t know, but at least in my country, there is a site where you can buy used kits or gunpla parts from others. That, or you can get the cheap Chinese knockoff to cannibalize the parts you need. If I’m not mistaken, TT Hongli or Daban will release their MG Tallgeese knockoffs soon.
Old 2013-08-12, 08:25   Link #30514
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

don't move anything, start the Search and Rescue with a flashlight.

It fell, it's still there somewhere. don't give up hope - i found one of the small square parts for the MG Impulse's Knee after three and a half hours of search and rescue once.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 08:34   Link #30515
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I hate that about MGs. The small parts that seem to fly away from you and you can never seem to find it. I especially hate trying to put in those damn cockpits and the figure inside of the cockpit since many times they never seem to want to peg in all the way.

>_<
Old 2013-08-12, 09:15   Link #30516
Providenceangle

I have to agree with Znozzy. Unless it fell somewhere you can't get it,(down an air return vent or something) you should look as hard as you can.

Now as for replacement parts... You either have to find a 3rd party that can order from bandai(they don't ship internationally), or buy a new kit. Obelisk did offer a good alternative though. knock off kits might be a solution.

Can you post the picture of what is missing? I'm curious, if it could be fixed, in the worst case.
Old 2013-08-12, 09:59   Link #30517
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
I have to agree with Znozzy. Unless it fell somewhere you can't get it,(down an air return vent or something) you should look as hard as you can.

Now as for replacement parts... You either have to find a 3rd party that can order from bandai(they don't ship internationally), or buy a new kit. Obelisk did offer a good alternative though. knock off kits might be a solution.

Can you post the picture of what is missing? I'm curious, if it could be fixed, in the worst case.
If not, if you have a collection of spare parts from shelf-diving kits like i do, you might be able to find a replacement part from a old broken kit.
Old 2013-08-12, 10:10   Link #30518
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I would just get a new kit. Simple.

But first try to find the part(s). It's bound to be somewhere in the room where you were working on the GunPla. Of course unless a dog/cat/baby/kid ate it, it was vacuumed away, or ELS came into your room and stole that 1 part and then disappeared.
Old 2013-08-12, 10:11   Link #30519
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
If not, if you have a collection of spare parts from shelf-diving kits like i do, you might be able to find a replacement part from a old broken kit.
Recently I've gotten everything from the hole plates for shoulders, poly caps. All from the new seed MGs. I never toss away any of that stuff so.. I'm kind of a gundam packrat lol

At least I tossed away the runners. I had like 40 kits worth of runners...
Old 2013-08-12, 10:51   Link #30520
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Recently I've gotten everything from the hole plates for shoulders, poly caps. All from the new seed MGs. I never toss away any of that stuff so.. I'm kind of a gundam packrat lol

At least I tossed away the runners. I had like 40 kits worth of runners...
Man, you provided a picture, so i have to aswell. i even have a box full of polycaps/hands and small pieces (hip joints, arms, etc) that i didn't take a picture of, it has everything from C-polycaps to gotidontknow-what-these-pieces-are-for in it, it's nice, if something breaks, i pretty much have replacements for everything, i giggled a bit to see that your Arios was in the box aswell, so is mine. lol

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy