Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-24, 20:56   Link #181
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
Since i supposed you've only watched the USA version i agree with you, i've read its horrible (green blood!!??) anyway, you don't know what you're missing!
You assume correctly. Although I'm not sure that they would have gone so far as to change the color of anybody's blood... that sounds a bit extreme.

Saint Seiya just doesn't seem like the kind of anime I would ever enjoy watching--subtitled, uncut or otherwise. No offense meant.
Old 2004-04-10, 05:42   Link #182
RobotCarnival
Headless Beast

Dear god someone get this forum a spellchecker...

Worst anime EVER: Samurai Showdown OAV. The DVD was dub only, but you can tell it was bad from it's very conception as it reminds you that sometimes dubs don't make an anime suck, SUCKING makes an anime suck. The characters could have been speaking in tongues and it would have been better, with the highlight being the ninja Hanzo's voice actor ripping off Scorpion from Mortal Combat! This of course is only the first thing to assault the delicate entertainment section of your brainmeats... the story is, well, it's bad. Let's leave it at that since I can't remember what it was about. But it sucked, hard. Utterly wretched, and the fact that no one else mentioned it just means no one else here had actually seen it (or their mind has blocked out the trauma).

I've also heard Gundress is pretty bad, but I've avoided it myself.

Fansubbed: Weiss Krauz is teeth-grindingly bad, and Psychic Academy was the worst thing on Animesuki I've sat through to the end (though I still think the red haired girl was incredibaly hot and deserves her own series).

Bad Dubs: the dub version of Lost Universe makes me want to kill. Simple as that.

As for Dragonball Z: I've seen the uncut DBZ, and after being used to the US version I thought the Japanese music and voices stunk. I prefer the cheesy thrash metal and less annoying voices of the US dub. I think the best way to watch is just kick back, pop open a cold BEvERage and enjoy some crazy guys endlessly pounding the snot out of each other (in between extended scenes of them screaming at the top of their lungs and breathing hard). It's a lot of fun if you just let it be, though I can't imagine anyone insisting on watching it with subtitles... uncut, yeah, you'd want to see that, but bothering to keep the "authentic Japanese flavour" isn't worth the effort to me. The US voices are fine, and it's not like the acting is going to be subtle and nuanced, ne? The original Dragon Ball is very cool though, and if you haven't seen it don't ever let the later series give you wrong idea about it. Gah.. I hate to think of Bulma and little Chi Chi as old women

...see, I only say that because half the people on this thread can't spell.
Old 2004-04-10, 06:55   Link #183
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Chrno Crusade.

Don't ask me why; I'm just not a fan of an annoying female main character like Rosette, a short chibi demon (who's supposed to be the main protagonist in my mind), and the ordinary storyline - kinda like reminds you of Charmed.
Old 2004-04-10, 07:20   Link #184
MercuryKnight

Send a message via MSN to MercuryKnight
Gilgamesh - Watched the whole series and then totally hated then ending. Why is it everyone is always looking for a different way to end the world?
Old 2004-04-10, 11:00   Link #185
momojigari
Great I-Jin

SCRYED <-- gotta be the worse one out there. THe middle episodes got me going..but seriously..why do u hafta mess w/ the ending...can't it be just be happy.
Old 2004-04-10, 11:44   Link #186
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Bobobo-bo
Sister Princess
Super Gals
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Old 2004-04-10, 12:39   Link #187
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
Naruto, it's too long and boring, and kinda dumb.

Anything Dragon Ball, augh, another long and pointless anime which doesn't even progress.

Both should be used as frisbees.
Old 2004-04-10, 16:55   Link #188
SimplyEd
Claytard

I would like try to refrain from using the title "P*K*M*N ", i don't even want this one to be associated with anime at all, i will deny its existence and i shall try to destroy,annihilate,wipe-out,tear-apart,eradicate and well...generally make fun of it whenever i get the chance to^^

Shortly followed by Grappler Baki and all of its unholy successors or incarnations. I can't think of a single good thing about this show and, in a way, i would like to give my thanks to it for destroying the illusion that i could find something good in anything

Should i mention Beyblade? A show about spinning tops and friendship and challenge and zzzzzzz...... You don't have to be ignorant to feel mentally insulted by this one.

Maybe i should add Final Fantasy Unlimited. While i don't detest it, it's funny how i didn't have ANY expectations for this show but all of them were horribly massacred nonetheless. It's not easy to defile something non-existant...this show did it.
Sometimes i like to think back, reflecting on how it is possible that every single bit of potential can be screwed up like that.....but then again, not a single piece of work can be bad enough for the sake of a quick buck,eh?
Old 2004-04-10, 17:39   Link #189
Maikeru
Fabulous Muscles

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru
Inu Yasha -

The reason: It started such a horrible craze

I don't see the point in the anime

They have one villain.

Many more reasons I can't think of.
Old 2004-04-10, 20:22   Link #190
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Chrno Crusade.

Don't ask me why; I'm just not a fan of an annoying female main character like Rosette, a short chibi demon (who's supposed to be the main protagonist in my mind), and the ordinary storyline - kinda like reminds you of Charmed.
How so? I fail to see parallels there...
Anyway, I always liked Charmed, and I'm greatly enjoying Chrno Crusade now
Old 2004-04-10, 21:22   Link #191
Itsuki
Antagonist

Gravion Zwei, it had potential but I disliked the fact that the majority of it was centered around fanservice. =\
Old 2004-04-10, 22:51   Link #192
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl

That 'Ninja Scroll' movie that actually /didn't/ have anything to do with the anime, but they used the name Jubei anyway, just to make you /think/ it was related.
Old 2004-04-10, 23:51   Link #193
Edgewalker
Nani ?

-All "anime" ending in "mon" for obvious and already stated above reasons . Thank god for the newgrounds games about shooting the little f**kers .

-Kimera had a pointless ending and storyline .

-The DUBBED version of Rouroni Kenshin . The sub is great , and I was happy when I heard the anime was going to be shown on TV only to find the most horrible dub ever to be released . It doesn't even feel like you are watching the same series ! And the squeaky and cheerful attitude was obviously added in so the anime could passed as a kids show while masking the true meaning of the series ...

-DBZ could be great if it was ( as said above about 5 times ) shortened to about 20 episodes . The crap it is now however ... I recall an episode I saw about goku and that pink loser were goku simply did that screaming powerup thing they do for 17 minutes... holy crap DBZ just sucks .

-Amazing Nurse Nanako . I heard it was ok and I found it on Kazaa and thought " what the heck " ... only to find out the entire series might as well been a showcase of nanakos breasts as its obvious thats all the artist were thinking about . Frisbee ! oh wait I never burned it just simply deleted it

-Blood , the last vampire ... This anime was actually amazing ... until about 40 minutes into it ... it just ... ends . No plot closure . No development . It just ends in the middle of the story without going into detail . It would be as if the movie was torn in two and the second half was just forgotten .

You will find yourself watching blood with the following thought process .

10 minutes into film - Dang , this is some sweet animation !
20 minutes into film - pretty sweet .
30 minutes into film - OMFG this is f**kin awesome !!!
40 mintues into film - D**n this is really warming up to be a sweet anime *credits start to randomly roll* WTF ?!?!!??!!?

lol long post
Old 2004-04-11, 00:17   Link #194
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
That 'Ninja Scroll' movie that actually /didn't/ have anything to do with the anime, but they used the name Jubei anyway, just to make you /think/ it was related.
ummmm, the movie came WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before the anime
Old 2004-04-11, 01:53   Link #195
choowee
lurkeress

a lot of these series people are mentioning over and over again (dbz, pokemon, sailor moon, final fantasy, gundam seed) I have just steered away from (and I am glad I have), and since I have not really "seen" these series, can't rate them.

But my own all time favorite series to use as frisbees:

1) Flame of Recca

2) Get Backers

Last edited by choowee; 2004-04-11 at 01:54. Reason: misspelling
Old 2004-04-11, 01:58   Link #196
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choowee
2) Get Backers
OMG i have to agree with you there...the anime was popular amongst the girls in my anime club for some reason...so i went around and asked why they liked it:
Insane-girl-from-"Why do some guys look and act like girls?"-thread-story: "Because Ban and Ginji are a Yaoi Pairing!"
Me: "Uh, it's a SHONEN series"
Girl: "Bi-shonen? YEP!"
Me: "...Oh...my...god...."

they turned a perfectly good shonen series into a bi-shonen series! (Yes, i am whining that "Hevn wasn't hot enough!"...so sue me!)
Old 2004-04-11, 03:04   Link #197
ColdFire1985
New guy

Send a message via MSN to ColdFire1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by momojigari
SCRYED <-- gotta be the worse one out there. THe middle episodes got me going..but seriously..why do u hafta mess w/ the ending...can't it be just be happy.
Alright, to get things started I have to strongly disagree with what momojigari said about Scryed. The ending of that series was one of the best I have ever seen! Now at first I though it ended with Kazuma just raising his fist which was wicked and would have been the best ending, but after the final credits they decided to add a bit more, which is alright but still not as good as before the credits started.

Now as for crappy anime, I would have to say it is anything that ends with "mon" that type just drives me up the wall.
Other than that I didn't like Avenger, Spiral, or Serial Lain. Beserk and Evangelion were great up until the endings. And Excel Saga, I mean it was hilarous for the first few episodes, but it got repetitive fast and had no real story whatsoever, until the last few episodes but by then it was too late.
Old 2004-04-11, 03:22   Link #198
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Shows.....

Onegai Twins
Onegai Teacher
Love HIna incarnations
Kimi Ga Nozumo Eien
And other related bollocks
Old 2004-04-11, 20:20   Link #199
CapnHulk

There are so many bad anime that I lose count.
Old 2004-04-12, 18:12   Link #200
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnHulk
There are so many bad anime that I lose count.
There are so few bad anime that I cannot count at all ^___________________^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Now my list:
1. Wedding Peach
2. Pokemon the Movie: 2000
3. Sister Princess
4. Yu-gi-oh!
5. Beyblade
6. Cardcaptors (this is the dub I'm talking about here.)
7. Medabots
8. Dragon Ball GT
9. Pokemon: the First Movie
10. Naruto
11. Dragon Ball Z
12. Digimon Adventure 2
13. Fighting Foodons
14. Gundam (all of them.)
15. Pokemon Orange League
16. Pokemon Jhoto
17. Sailor Moon (dubbed version.)
18. Love Hina
19. Chobits
Do I see Naruto in there ? lol I think you must be the kind of person who likes to be called a protagonist for hating such a popular anime (That I think I pure ecstacy)..there is DBZ in your hate list