AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 08:49   Link #3181
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well I did a 17 man VoA 25 and a 1 healer VoA 10 a few days ago. What does that tell you? Along with the fact you can bring your fourth string character and steamroll it?

Blizzard have said all along this first tier would be easier than usual. Ulduar will surely be harder. Come the 14th, we'll find out.
Old 2009-04-07, 19:17   Link #3182
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I suppose it would have to be easier since it is only open to the faction controlling Wintergrasp and the only people likely to be in Wintergrasp to start with are PvP players rather than Raiders.

The Argent Tournament Dailies look profitable at the moment. One daily seem to be kill stuff in Icecrown, which can be used in any of a number of other dailies already in the area. Also expands the use of Crystalsong Forest a little bit.
Old 2009-04-07, 23:28   Link #3183
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Blizzard have said all along this first tier would be easier than usual. Ulduar will surely be harder. Come the 14th, we'll find out.
So it's set for next week? Great...time to make millions with inscription.

Consequently...has everyone QQ'd about their nerfs this upcoming patch in this thread yet?
Old 2009-04-07, 23:42   Link #3184
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it is assumed that the changes will be made for the holiday that is mentioned in the patch notes (Noblegarden...Easter I suppose...but Easter is this Sunday...for some people)
Old 2009-04-07, 23:52   Link #3185
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankVoid View Post
Consequently...has everyone QQ'd about their nerfs this upcoming patch in this thread yet?
Nerfs? I'm getting buffed (slightly).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 00:48   Link #3186
iceyfw

argh!!1~ my guild was so close to getting 3d 25 man OS down on our first series of attempts tonight. our deathknight tank died right as the second drake went down. our priest didn't react fast enough to getting a guaradian spirit off. and our deathknight would have had his CDs back up had that guardian spirit went off. that would have given us enought time to kill the acolytes and a guaranteed kill. we probably did 6 or 8 tries on it. we'll get it next time for sure! /rant
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 01:35   Link #3187
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I suppose it would have to be easier since it is only open to the faction controlling Wintergrasp and the only people likely to be in Wintergrasp to start with are PvP players rather than Raiders.

The Argent Tournament Dailies look profitable at the moment. One daily seem to be kill stuff in Icecrown, which can be used in any of a number of other dailies already in the area. Also expands the use of Crystalsong Forest a little bit.
well at the release us hc raiders attempting to gear up had those on standby go spam wintergrasp and since the top three raiding guilds were horde, we collabbed to lock down wintergrasp for our raid times until it got to the point were we didn't need the gear from archavon, and since he gives out pvp gear too its more of luck draw in there anyway. I mean in our first week of the xpac we got all our raiding done in 3 days in shit gear while navigating the fights, hell mostly trash killed us versus actual wipes to bosses.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:17   Link #3188
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@BlankVoid - That is the most likely date. Noblegarden has been slated for the 26th and is officialy being implemented with more things to do via 3.1. So it has to be either the 14th or the 21st. So yes, if you plan to get some money from Inscription, now is the time so be ready.

JC and Tailoring mats have gone up 20-30% in the last few days. Time to seriously cash in...Although Enchanting mats continue to slide in value...can't believe a Frozen Orb is now worth more than an Abyss Crystal on my server.
Old 2009-04-10, 17:18   Link #3189
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I found a pretty amusing tool for creating your own achievements. Here's some of mine:

RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 01:07   Link #3190
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Here's a few I'd create if I knew where that was:

At Least We Took Stables - Lose an Arathi Basin match where your side only capped the Stables.

So You Think You Can Dance - Kill Heigan the Unclean with all your raid members alive and all having been hit by a Lava Splash at least once.

Don't Just Stand There! - Win a Warsong Gulch match that lasted at least 30 minutes.

Switzerland - Win a battleground match where you don't attack anyone, heal anyone or cap anything.

Bully! - Gank ten players under level 75 in less than 1 minute at Level 8.

Don't Kick The Gnome! - Do a /kick emote on a Gnome player after causing it to fall.

I Hate Manure! - Do a /smell emote on a Tauren player after it scratches its butt.

The Snow Bunnies Who Loved Me - Rescue 100 Snow Bunnies from the colder parts of Northrend and help them find a good home via Mei Francis in Dalaran.
Reward - Snow Bunny Babe
Use: Causes enemy player/creep to be too infatuated to attack you for 20 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
"She puts the Fuzzy in Fuzzy Bunny!"

Dirty Harry - Emote /punk on an enemy player and then defeat them within 30 seconds.
Reward - Smith & Wesson toy
"Do ya feel lucky, punk?!"

The Biggest Loser - Lose 100 battleground matches in a row.
Reward - Biggest Loser Tabard

Masochist - In a single raid lockout, wipe to Patchwerk 100 times.
Reward - Patchwerk Doll
"No more play?!"

Short Circuit - Kill the entire raid in one single jolt of crossing Negative and Positive charges while engaging Thaddius.

White Men Can't Jump - Miss the jump to Thaddius's platform.

Renaissance - Enjoy a romantic picnic with another player while both being completely naked.

The F Word - Refuse to pay for a meal in Dalaran and emote /rude at Gordon Ramsey.

Regulate - Save a fellow guild member from being ganked and emote /regulate at the enemy player's corpse before they release.
Reward - Regulator's Suit
"Regulators! MOUNT UP!"
Old 2009-04-12, 01:47   Link #3191
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Link Here

Old 2009-04-12, 05:23   Link #3192
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I somehow now have Northern Exposure on a 5th character...After a very annoying day of raiding (4 hours for all instances done but only a few people won everything and they were very rude about it), having a Gladiator Rogue show off by killing all Alliance NPCs in Borean Tundra for an hour, only to meet utter stupidity with the Utgarde Keep group I joined, I decided to go do the Last Rites chain so that my Warlock got something out of that stint. Happen to find Icehorn the rhino near the ziggurat city and several other people riding near him but not noticing, so popped it quick. That one thing undid everything else before it.

I find it weird my loot luck is crap yet I have much better luck with rare spawns and procs from getting things from World Events.

Question - what is the proper rotation for an Affliction Warlock? Because there's so many and I'm not sure I'm doing it right, because the DPS it puts out isn't the worst I've seen (my Hunter and Shaman definitely did lower when they first came to Northrend) but I've seen other Warlocks do better at that level. So I'm sure I need to change something.
Old 2009-04-12, 05:51   Link #3193
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Question - what is the proper rotation for an Affliction Warlock? Because there's so many and I'm not sure I'm doing it right, because the DPS it puts out isn't the worst I've seen (my Hunter and Shaman definitely did lower when they first came to Northrend) but I've seen other Warlocks do better at that level. So I'm sure I need to change something.
There's none for aff lock afaik because all the dots duration is different therefore, it's impossible to have any coherent rotation.

You need to cast based on priority.
a) Keeping dots uptime as high as possible.
b) Spam SB as dps filter
c) Use Drain Soul when Eradication procs.
d) Dont use dots that doesnt run to it's full length.

For trash, i just stuck with UA + Corr + SB
Mobs that last longer gets more dot.
Post 3.1 will have some changes though for aff lock.
Old 2009-04-12, 10:36   Link #3194
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Taken from the EJ Affliction Lock thread - http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-d...arlock_thread/

Let's start with what's normally called the "rotation". Rotation is not really an appropriate name, since after the initial casting of each DoT, you'll pretty much never cast them all in the same order again, due to the fact most of them have different durations.

If you can pre-cast, you should start with a shadow bolt, and then haunt. Now, many people often ask why you would do this, and some people are even under the misconception that casting haunt after your DoTs is somehow more efficient. Think about it this way: Haunt should have 100% uptime for the entire fight. And since DoTs receive the bonus no matter when the debuff went up (before the DoT was cast, after the DoT was cast, makes no difference), it only matters that the debuff is up. So, why would you cast DoTs first, and have the first several ticks not get any benefit from Haunt? If you're going to have Haunt up the entire fight anyways, wouldn't it be better to have ALL ticks benefit from Haunt? Of course. The same goes for shadow embrace. The first stack is put on by that shadow bolt, and the second stack by Haunt.

So, your initial cast rotation will look like this:

Shadow bolt > Haunt > UA > Immolate > CoA > Corruption > Siphon Life. After that, you're now into what is called "filler" time. If your raid does NOT have a moonkin druid or unholy death knight, you will use CoE for your curse instead.

If you cannot pre-cast, then start with instant cast DoTs such as CoA, Siphon Life, and Corruption. Getting these up as you move into position will start your dps up sooner.

From this point on, your goal is to refresh DoTs as efficiently and quickly as possible. I HIGHLY recommend Asheyla's DoTimer. It is a great mod for tracking your DoT durations. You can get it here: DoTimer : WoWInterface Downloads : Warlock

The goal is to refresh a DoT the very moment the last tick expires. For DoT's with cast times, this is done by starting to re-cast the DoT when the amount of time it has left is just slightly less than the DoTs cast time. For example. If your Unstable Affliction has a 1.5 second cast time, you start to cast a new UA when the current one has 1.4 seconds left on the timer. Now, being realistic, obviously it's rare that this will happen. The reason for that is you do NOT want to stand around doing nothing just because you're waiting for that timer to hit 1.4 seconds. It is better to do something, whether that's casting a shadow bolt or using dark pact / life tap. Even if it means you will be a bit "late" refreshing the DoT.

Generally, you do not want to "clip" a DoT. This means refreshing the DoT before the previous one had its last tick of damage go off. And since Corruption is automatically refreshed by Haunt via Everlasting Affliction, you never have to worry about corruption.

Next, there is a reason we cast UA and Immolate together. They both have a 15 second duration, therefore every successive refreshing of these 2 DoTs will always be UA and then Immolate immediately following. You can essentially think of them as just one dot with a 3 second cast time.

And finally, since haunt has a 12 second duration, and you start with Haunt, then UA, and immolate, eventually haunt will work its way around and end up right after you refresh UA and Immolate. When this happens, on the very next "refresh", refresh Haunt early, allowing you to reset the rotation back to Haunt, then UA, then Immolate. So for example, with about 2.9 seconds left on UA's duration, cast Haunt. This brings you to 1.4 seconds left on UA's duration, so you immediately follow Haunt with UA, and then of course immediately again with Immolate.

Lastly, never interrupt a spell cast mid-cast just so you can cast something else. You want to try and avoid that whenever possible.
Old 2009-04-12, 10:40   Link #3195
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
And taken from the same thread, regarding Drain Soul usage.

First of all, Drain Soul does not "recheck" the percentage of the target. This means that if you start casting it when the mob is at 26%, you won't get the 4x damage bonus for the whole casting time. If the mob heals itself after you applied drain soul, it WILL do 4x the damage for the whole casting time (have fun in the arena!). So start casting when the mob is definitely below 25%.

The main problem about Drain Soul is its channeling time: Within 15s (or whatever it is after your haste is applied), many dots will need a recast. Every dot has a higher dpct AND does contribute to the damage of Drain Soul by the Talent "Soul Siphon", except for Immolate: But even Immolate itself has higher DPCT than Drain Soul (when you took one point in MC and use the glyph of Immolate) and should therefore be cast. Not casting Immolate below 35%/25% is a common (very small) mistake.

The Shadow Embrace effect from Haunt and SB also improves Drain Soul's damage. This means that you have to reapply dots and haunt almost immediately when they fade off / don't have a CD left.

Now...

* The very bad way is to not reapply the dots and haunt.
* A bad way is to reapply all of them when they have all faded.
* A good way is to just reapply dots and haunt as soon as there is more than one of them fading off.
* A very professional way is to reapply dots and haunt immediately after the next Drain Soul tick after they faded off.

This is only possible with the help of addons showing you when the ticks will occur or if you have a very good feeling for the ticks. But even if you choose the moment of the clip randomly your results will be far better than without clipping.
Old 2009-04-12, 11:40   Link #3196
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Ah, sorry, guess I used the wrong tag that didn't include the link. I made a few more:

RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 17:08   Link #3197
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Never really tried full Affliction. (after duel specs I will) Just went Destruction from the start. Sure I use Affliction patterns from time to time, but against some mobs it is much easier to just hit them hard and fast ((sometimes: CoA-Corruption-(pet has aggro))Chaos Bolt-Immolate-Incinerate(Spam)-Conflagrate-Chaos Bolt if not already dead, repeat)...I've more or less stopped using Shadowburn after I got Chaos Bolt. I almost never need it unless someone might manage to run away before I can get off a Chaos Bolt. (or in PvP when I need all the instants I can get)

Chaos Bolt-Immolate at 35 yards will generally both hit at the same time, which can be interesting if both crit. If the mob will die fast I just stick with full Fire Destruction. If I know the mob has a bit of life in it (or I don't know the mob) it gets CoA and Corruption first along with the Voidwalker to keep it's attention and maybe gain Molten Core before sending in the first Chaos Bolt. (How this will work after the 3.1 changes is beyond me at the moment).
Old 2009-04-12, 20:21   Link #3198
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I noticed Hunters are getting a new move in the Survival Tree called Black Arrow. Wonder how that will mix in with the Survival rotation. Should go in fine, but adding that, there might hardly be a chance to get in Steady Shot now.
Old 2009-04-13, 02:28   Link #3199
Clarste
Human

Quote:
I noticed Hunters are getting a new move in the Survival Tree called Black Arrow. Wonder how that will mix in with the Survival rotation. Should go in fine, but adding that, there might hardly be a chance to get in Steady Shot now.
Black Arrow is basically meant to replace the "run up and lay traps to proc Lock and Load" strategy. Basically, it's a ranged Immolation Trap (notice how it shares trap cooldowns and whatnot).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 04:46   Link #3200
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I've actually done that, albeit during a Naxx run at Anub. Some of us had been online and waiting for a while, so we'd gone inside to mess around and clean up the trash. Then we were standing in front of Anub, and one of the members said that the last people were booting up their PC's now and should be there in 10 minutes, to which another of our members flared teamspeak and shouted

"We don't have ten minutes! The world is at stake here! CHARGE!"

Then we all charged in and died horribly. But it was fun.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows