AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2008-02-29, 10:55   Link #61
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Interesting. But no, that doesn't buy much time. I destroyed the rocks on the very edges of the barriers, freed Dorii and Guraa, then once the second-to-last gate was attacked/destroyed, I had Oboro stay back to be bait (because he has a lot of turns and has a huge movement range) while the others ran around the rocks once the Av Kamiw got too close. I never attacked once. It doesn't do anything, anyway. You don't have to worry about destroying the rocks at the far edges of the screen because the Av kamiw just barrel up through the center. If you go to the far edges, they will still go to the gate first, then maneuver around the rocks rather than destroy them. I noticed they did this on all modes except normal. In normal, they purposely destroy all the rocks first if you stay away from them, which buys you time.
Old 2008-03-01, 17:32   Link #62
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

(no luck at these types of games, nuwagi is killing me, again, for the 4th time) I deeply regret not boosting up the attack more, for some reason I can only do half my normal damadge...

A short question: if a character levels during a battle that you loses, do you still keep the level up?
Actually, I'm gonna change that: if you die, try again, and then save at the character selections screen, will your bp from the time you died also be kept?

in other words, how do you lose bp? is it possible?

Last edited by Hypertaost; 2008-03-03 at 19:27.
Hypertaost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 17:51   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

o damn... how did I miss this? I actually *have* the freaking game stored away.... as a reward for learning Japanese. Meh!

(runs off to download patch....)
Old 2008-03-03, 19:30   Link #64
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

Another question coming.... What is tech for? I found 2 faqs but neither of them mention this. and what's that unlimited tech glitch that people kept talking about?
Old 2008-03-03, 19:44   Link #65
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Tech increases the number of attacks you can do (there's a tutorial for combo attacks). The additional attacks get rapidly weaker, but if you max tech, you can perform a special attack when your VIT is maxed that does a ton of damage. The archers max tech with just one increase.

And I haven't noticed anyone talking about any "unlimited tech glitch"...
Old 2008-03-04, 06:48   Link #66
Aquillion

Eruruu also hits max tech after one upgrade (and it's worth doing for her, I think, so you can use her super in pinch. Although remember her attack raises her healing ability... and she needs a lot of defense so she doesn't get one-shotted the first time you make a mistake.)

In general, I think the second hit adds about 30% damage... additional ones add less and less, but the final one (which costs all your VIT) does massive damage (often enough to one-hit lesser mooks if you're using a high-attack character.) If you haven't maxed tech, though, you don't get the super final... in fact, you can still spend vit to do one more attack than your tech would allow, but it won't amount to much.

The tutorial that unlocks around the time you can afford your first tech upgrade shows you how to do it, but just click on the concentric circles when they hit the character, just like Elite Beat Agents (although I don't think you actually have to click on them.) Oh, and if you're horrible at the circles, hold 'alt' to auto-hit each of them... which reduces your overall damage on the bonus hits, but not the main hit or the super, which are where most of it comes from anyway. It's not a cheat... the tutorial tells you how to do it, and you're making a trade-off with the damage.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:52   Link #67
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertaost View Post
(no luck at these types of games, nuwagi is killing me, again, for the 4th time) I deeply regret not boosting up the attack more, for some reason I can only do half my normal damadge...

A short question: if a character levels during a battle that you loses, do you still keep the level up?
Actually, I'm gonna change that: if you die, try again, and then save at the character selections screen, will your bp from the time you died also be kept?

in other words, how do you lose bp? is it possible?
I think you gain some BP after losing and retrying. I tried a level over twelve times on Hard Mode 3 and 4, and I ended up with 600+ BP for the characters that did more damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you gain 10 BP for every enemy you kill, plus whatever base amount of BP, depending on the character.

For people that like specials: Watch it while using specials on tough opponents, because when you have max vitality, your stats recieve a small boost. It's not visible on your stats, but I did notice my characters taking more damage when their vitaility was not full, such as right after a special. Persoanlly, I have not yet gotten Eruruu's special yet because I pump everything I have into her att and def stats. Otherwise my characters die (most notably Hakuoro on the Harder levels), and that's always a pain.

On harder levels, I suggest keeping your characters together more often than on easier setttings. I noticed that the AI is more organized and surrounds a character and pummels them if they get separated. Just something to keep in mind while moving about in battle.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:17   Link #68
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Anyone ever tried seriously to use Magic? It is like not only your character need to stand still for a turn, it does horribly bad AoE damage.

Spoiler for Ender spoiler:
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 10:36   Link #69
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Anyone ever tried seriously to use Magic? It is like not only your character need to stand still for a turn, it does horribly bad AoE damage.
I have. Urutorii's magic comes in handy near the end of the game, where her Light magic attack has a huge range and damage. It comes in handy when there's a huge gruop of enemies that I just need weakened, especially when it comes to the Av Kamiw. Frankly, though, it's more like a helper than anything, so I don't relyon Urto or Kamyu much. My heavy hitters were Oboro, Touka, Karura, and Dorii.
Old 2008-03-11, 10:16   Link #70
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I have. Urutorii's magic comes in handy near the end of the game, where her Light magic attack has a huge range and damage. It comes in handy when there's a huge gruop of enemies that I just need weakened, especially when it comes to the Av Kamiw. Frankly, though, it's more like a helper than anything, so I don't relyon Urto or Kamyu much. My heavy hitters were Oboro, Touka, Karura, and Dorii.
Eh. It helps a little, yes, but I think having another heavy-hitter helps a lot more.

On the lower difficulties, where enemies are stupid and easy to herd, magic is a lot more useful. But on the higher difficulties it's important to have more people capable of taking hits and blocking them off while dealing damage.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 14:56   Link #71
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

Also, on Hard 5 enemies have an insane amount of magic defense; by the time you're even able to use magic, magic defense stats are into the 70's and 80's, you just can't even deal any damage in the first place.
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 19:10   Link #72
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
And I haven't noticed anyone talking about any "unlimited tech glitch"...
I read about that in the visual news gemot. http://forums.visualnews.net/showpos...1&postcount=35 No Idea how true it is though.
Old 2008-03-12, 19:33   Link #73
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Pfft. No explanation of exactly what/how, no follow up by other posters, just bragging. Irritates me. I'll call BS until someone explains the trick. I'm away from my normal computer, so I can't go back and check it in game.
Old 2008-03-17, 19:48   Link #74
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

Just finished playing, still crying a little bit. I love the story, But I think that they should have explained somethings better
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2008-03-17, 20:11   Link #75
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Your questions mostly have clear answers, if you pay more attention.

Spoiler for entire game:
Old 2008-03-17, 20:44   Link #76
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

Spoiler:
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 20:49   Link #77
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx190 View Post
Spoiler:
Or maybe the other animal-people carried her out. Everyone was inside at first.

Magic in general is a little weird considering the setting, so explanations for everything have their limit.
Old 2008-03-18, 22:37   Link #78
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Or maybe the other animal-people carried her out. Everyone was inside at first.
Magic in general is a little weird considering the setting, so explanations for everything have their limit.
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2008-03-18, 23:53   Link #79
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertaost View Post
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for :
Old 2008-03-19, 02:29   Link #80
ruku320

nevermind....

Last edited by ruku320; 2008-03-19 at 03:49. Reason: figured it out
ruku320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, game patch, leaf, pc game, rpg, translation, visual novel