Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-06-07, 05:07   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai

Shoujo romance Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai gets an anime for 2024. Haven't read any of it but the reviews are rather good.

Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-07, 08:30   Link #2
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, I took a look and...damn...this is hitting me right in the feels in a good way...

I'm in!
Old 2023-06-07, 13:44   Link #3
Frontier

Yay! More Shoujo anime !
Old 2023-12-20, 06:15   Link #4
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-21, 10:36   Link #5
Frontier

I forgot when he had long hair .

Visuals and voice-action are on-point .
Old 2024-04-04, 12:36   Link #6
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2024-04-04, 15:06   Link #7
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'm already liking this more than both Sign of Affection and the ayakashi shoujo from last season. Picked up for now.
Old 2024-04-04, 21:29   Link #8
grecefar

a good first chapter.

I like both characters but of the two of them it was hananoi who picked my interest more. It looks like he has some issues, like how much he was trying to please her, like with the piercing.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-05, 01:48   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-05, 01:53   Link #10
Alchemist007
*Author

The guy is showing some creepy red flags.
Old 2024-04-10, 13:05   Link #11
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If you're a Gundam fan, this show is pretty much where Hiroto & Suletta are getting together (well, their seiyuu at least )

Certainly an interesting Gundam MCs pairing
I think you have Kana Hanazawa confused with Kana Ichinose .

HanaKana played the love interest in Age's second arc.

This was actually the case in Frieren though .
Old 2024-04-10, 19:15   Link #12
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think you have Kana Hanazawa confused with Kana Ichinose .

HanaKana played the love interest in Age's second arc.

This was actually the case in Frieren though .
Holy shit!
Good call on calling my mistake on it before I spread it even further. Thanks. Now I'll just delete my comment to not spread the misinformation

Yeah, it seems the same situation in Frieren rub off on me too much.
Old 2024-04-11, 00:45   Link #13
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The guy is showing some creepy red flags.
If it wasn't a fell-good shoujo, it does feel like he'd make the MC his whole life, eating up all her time, and threatening suicide if she leaves him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-11, 12:34   Link #14
Frontier

Hotaru has her first boyfriend! They're even meeting each other in the morning to go to school together! She may not have any idea what it means to be in a relationship, but she's willing to learn with Hananoi !

Look at Hotaru being all official with them setting up dating "policies" so they can set groundrules for what they want out of the relationship...although she's a little too new to the whole concept of "fooling around." Baby steps Hotaru, baby steps. Though Hananoi is jumping straight to them getting buried together in the same grave !

Hananoi pulling an all-nighter to make extensive notes for Hotaru is pretty great...but he's putting his all into her and what can she give him back? She doesn't want to just receive things from him and feel the joy of his over-abundance of feelings for her without doing something for him herself. A relationship is built on mutual feelings after all .

Hotaru attempting to beat Hananoi to their morning meeting spot! Easier said than done when Hananoi is always there to greet her...because it turns out he gets there two hours ahead of time before the crack of dawn. But the fact that Hotaru was waiting for him, and actually looked forward to seeing him, means everything to Hananoi .

Look at these two writing down stuff they want to do! So cute! Especially now that they've finally upgraded to handholding! Though Hananoi is probably holding himself back from wanting the even more intimate stuff .

Things have been good between Hotaru and Hananoi, but does she really love him like that? She still can't say, even with the deadline for their trial relationship fast approaching. Though Hananoi also has no intentions of being her friend and associating with her if he can't be with her...so this is a do-or-die moment in their relationship .

Oh hey, Ryota Osaka is in this! As Kyo's boyfriend Keigo or Kei-chan! Who is maybe a little too honest, especially about him and Kyo's relationship, right down to when she stole a kiss from him before they were even dating. I have to imagine her clobbering him is actually pretty common .

Was Hananoi a little jealous of Hotaru talking with another guy? Definitely seemed to spur him to bring her home to his swanky apartment. And what a collage of his overseas doctor parents .

I immediately assumed behind those covers was a shrine to Hotaru...and he admitted it! Now I really want to know what it looks like .

They're alone in his room together...and Hotaru is considering how best to confirm her feelings...like with a kiss. Although that was maybe the last thing to say to a guy trying to hold back, especially when he wants Hotaru to see him as a man and he delivers some ASMR and forcefullness and pins her down on the floor. Will he plant one on her ?
Old 2024-04-11, 18:12   Link #15
grecefar

I do kind of agree with him with not being friends if it doesn't work, he is in love with her and badly for the looks of it, keep seeing her knowing that it will never happen and the chance to see her with anothe guy just will hurt a lot more. Maybe if he finds another and manage to move on then he can take her offert of friendship but not right now.

and whilte thinking of that he got it badly and is way overdoing it, something is going on with him and I agree that this shojo fluffy feeling is masking some dark stuff about him.
Old 2024-04-11, 21:31   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, there's some dark stuff under the surface there. Probably in relation to the family situation. His parents are likely doing important work and that's great. But it does leave him alone a lot with only occasionally his grandmother around. We can only get a narrow view because it's mostly framed from Hotaru's point of view. An important read coming from others and how they see him.

He clearly pours everything into loving one person to the exclusion of everything else. His health, time, sleep, and social interactions. Basically taking fairly natural inclinations and ramping them up to another level. He's at least aware enough of it to not put his actual thoughts into that notebook and keeping things at a level he knows Hotaru is ok with.

I also get his perspective of cutting ties if things don't work out. Though it does also come across like holding any connection between them hostage.

The other couple is fun. He may take some punches, but it seems like they've got a good vibe going .
Old 2024-04-15, 15:11   Link #17
Ghostfriendly

Hmm. Trauma can hinder people from pursuing or developing relationship, they can consciously struggle with trauma while in a relationship, but using a relationship to deal with your trauma isn't good. And this can't call itself a story about unlearning toxic behavior unless it covers its proper consequence of a failed relationship. When the boy gets the girl in the end anyway, there's no cost, and no chance of my sitting through another pretentious romance.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-18, 12:30   Link #18
Frontier

We now return to Hananoi on-top of Hotaru and pouring his heart and feelings out for her, and looking like he's about to kiss her...but he's not just lovesick, he actually IS sick! Let this be a lesson kids, don't get up at like 5:00am just to surprise your girlfriend in the morning .

Hotaru blames herself for what happened and feels responsible (and thinking this is a natural of falling in love with someone), but Hananoi probably just needs to be a little bit less excessive with his feelings .

Hotaru's little sister Tomo looks really cute in her ice skating outfit, and it's her little sisters' special day...but Hananoi, fresh from recovery, raced across ice rink after ice rink just to find Hotaru because he knew that's where she would be and because he wants to see HER. Hananoi just can't help but get himself worked up over his feelings for Hotaru, and she actually kinds of appreciates it too .

Well, I guess that's one way to introduce yourself to your girlfriends' family. Poor dads' soul was leaving his body !

The pair spend Christmas Eve with the perfect Christmas date! Hitting a beautifully-lit amusement park, letting Hotaru gouge down on all the best food, and even hitting the rink for some couple ice skating! They even lost the lights and got some princess carry action going on. Hananoi you charmer you .

Hotaru is so used to everyone in her life doing their own thing or being with her family and celebrating other stuff they have going on...that it's easy for her to forget it's her birthday. But Hananoi didn't forget, and to him SHE'S the princess and worth treating to the perfect birthday !

Hotaru wants to fall in love with Hananoi, she wants to extend their trial dating relationship, and the look on her face when she's staring at him...she's falling head over heels in love with Hananoi-kun .
Old 2024-04-18, 18:03   Link #19
grecefar

I have mixed feelings about this chapter, some things I didn't like but that moment in the rink were he meant her birhtday and not christmas was really sweet.
Old 2024-04-21, 02:25   Link #20
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
While this was probably not the writers intent, Hotaru reads so much like an aro to me.