AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-26, 04:54   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hanasaku Iroha - Spoilers & Speculation

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Hanasaku Iroha anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-05-02, 17:20   Link #2
mizou
Observer

We will have Ohana X Tooru I think !!
Old 2011-05-02, 23:55   Link #3
deadite

I can't find a link but there was a comment from the staff that something big happens in episode 10. The statement gave rise to rumors about characters getting pregnant LOL.
Old 2011-05-03, 00:27   Link #4
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
I can't find a link but there was a comment from the staff that something big happens in episode 10.
To be completely honest, before the series started they also announced something big was going to happen in episode 3...
Old 2011-05-03, 01:01   Link #5
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
I can't find a link but there was a comment from the staff that something big happens in episode 10. The statement gave rise to rumors about characters getting pregnant LOL.
"~California here we come. Right back where we started from~"...

*hides*

In all seriousness... if I had to guess, it would be Ohana's grandmother passing away.
Old 2011-05-03, 01:13   Link #6
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

lovely thing about this show is that there is no source, so everything is speculation. i'll reiterate my theory that someone will get pregnant in the show. after all, one of the first things said in the show was Ohana's belief about the stork theory rather than the cabbage patch theory. and there's always that stork (which is technically a heron, but w/e) flying around.

also, something big did happen in ep 3. EPIC CAR CHASE.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-05-03, 01:41   Link #7
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
In all seriousness... if I had to guess, it would be Ohana's grandmother passing away.
Heh, only one speculation? I love tossing stuff at the wall and watching stuff fall off...

-As Ohana's grandmother foreshadows, the inn goes bankrupt; Fukuya buys out Kissuiso, and everyone works for Yuina now. Her first celebratory action is to get a larger massage chair.
-Ohana is promoted to the position of manager. Then, she picks up a copy of Peter Drucker's Management, and uses business theory in order to make Kissuiso the most popular inn in Japan... wrong anime.
-Ko visits the inn. Yeah! If a car chase in episode 3 is "big" then Ko visiting Ohana is groundbreaking. Bonus points if they lock lips. Mega bonus if they sleep in the same room... SUPER bonus if Ko decides to work at the inn together with Ohana. Long distance relationship, officially over.
-The bonbouri festival happens; Nako leaves (emotionally ) to pursue her dream as a world-class swimmer. AKA: The fans complained too much, enjoy your free bus ride off our show.
-Minko thinks of a better insult for Ohana. That would be huge.
-Jiroumaru wins the Akugatawa prize for his greatest perverted work "Ohana, Minko and Nako: Let's Sparkle Together at the Inn!" which sells over a million copies. His later memoir "How I Nearly Jumped Off A Cliff Because I'm Not Really an Author" releases to far less acclaim.
Old 2011-05-03, 07:42   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hmm, well, I'm going to speculate the big event of episode 10 will be Ohana's mother coming to the inn. She needs to come back into the story at some point. She has issues to straighten out with her mother, and her daughter as well. Ohana has never complained about it, but I bet that deep down, she resents her mother a bit for basically abandoning her and running away with some dude.
Old 2011-05-03, 09:21   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Personally if there's anything big happening in Ep10, it's either going to be Ohana's mom or Ko coming to see her at Kissuiso.
Old 2011-05-03, 09:37   Link #10
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Remember a recurring rule of 2 cours anime, which is putting one of the strongest arcs/plot evolutions/revelations in the middle, at the end of the first cour (approx. ep.11-12-13) or right at the beginning of the second cour (approx. ep.14-15-16). If this event is placed in episode 10, then it looks like a set up element for a main arc in the following episodes.

So it would be something with enough relevance to carry a 3-4 episodes arc. In this regard, Kou or Ohana's mother would both seem valid theories. Personally I'd be more inclined towards the Kou theory, as I believe things with Satsuki will be dealt later.
Old 2011-05-03, 09:54   Link #11
james0246

The anime is fairly straightforward, so Kou's arrival is more or less pre-destined and will only be held off as so long as the staff can stretch the anticipation (which depends greatly on how interested they are in showcasing stories concerning the other workers/members of the inn, stories about the village/school, etc), but 5 more episodes until Kou seems reasonable (especially if writers keep dropping little hints as to his arrival).

That being said, I do want a Festival arc, and that seems like a perfect time for a variety of different storylines (Minko confessing to Tohru; Kou arriving; the Grey Heron leading a full assault on the Town; etc) to converge into one gigantic melodrama.
Old 2011-05-04, 17:47   Link #12
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
lol pregnancy. Actually that would be a fairly decent topic that is often avoided in anime, since in anime, children come from nowhere. My god, things have consequences?

However, such a topic would take masterful script writing to work. A show of Ano Hana's caliber could handle that. I'm not too sure I'd like it in this show though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-04, 19:10   Link #13
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^^ Mate you know AnoHana, and Hanasaku Iroha have the same writer

As for pregnancy in anime, it was a side-plot in Onegai Sensei, but yeah it is indeed rare outside hentai and shoujo manga.
Old 2011-05-04, 19:49   Link #14
Pocari_Sweat

Lol pregnancy indeed, but I highly doubt teenage pregnancy will be an topic in this anime, or in any popular anime in general. Unless this anime wants to bomb badly, it would make any commercial sense not to explore that or else... you're going to get some otakus to overreact due to their obsession of "purity" and "innocence". See what happened to Kannagi and K-on's Ritsu for example just because it was hinted they had boyfriends in the past... let alone teenage pregnancy.

Not that I would mind it. It would be refreshing to see some slice of life anime not "idealise" its characters.

Btw, Archon Wing why you still watching this? I thought you hated teen dramas
Old 2011-05-04, 22:06   Link #15
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^^ Mate you know AnoHana, and Hanasaku Iroha have the same writer

As for pregnancy in anime, it was a side-plot in Onegai Sensei, but yeah it is indeed rare outside hentai and shoujo manga.
Yep, which is why it's entirely possible it can be pulled off. But even the same person can vary in quality from work to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Lol pregnancy indeed, but I highly doubt teenage pregnancy will be an topic in this anime, or in any popular anime in general. Unless this anime wants to bomb badly, it would make any commercial sense not to explore that or else... you're going to get some otakus to overreact due to their obsession of "purity" and "innocence". See what happened to Kannagi and K-on's Ritsu for example just because it was hinted they had boyfriends in the past... let alone teenage pregnancy.

Not that I would mind it. It would be refreshing to see some slice of life anime not "idealise" its characters.
Sigh... god forbid one use their brain. Sucks for the rest of us.

Quote:
Btw, Archon Wing why you still watching this? I thought you hated teen dramas
Because I can. And anime does it better.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-04, 22:38   Link #16
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Because I can. And anime does it better.
I wouldn't say better... but is more tolerable. That's because even if the series sucks, I still have eye-candy to look at. Compare this with TV dramas, where if the series suck, I could careless about the actors or some teen boy/girl band doing the soundtrack

Thankfully, Hanasaku Iroha falls within at least the "good" category + it is the best animated anime this season. And no, I don't consider crayon-art Nichijou to be well animated. Sorry Nichijou fans
Old 2011-05-04, 22:39   Link #17
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I do guess I am biased towards anime, maybe because of the visuals. ^^ I actually am an even worse hater about live action tv, just so tired of it.

And yes this anime is gorgeous. I can watch it just for that.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-05, 00:31   Link #18
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
We will have Ohana X Tooru I think !!
Undoubtedly.
But of course I have no intention to spoil anime by reading manga, though I even don't know whether anime version is preceded by manga or not. (definition of spoiler here means manga's information, right?)
Old 2011-05-05, 03:57   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How about we merge our ideas? In episode 10, Satsuki (Ohana's mom) and Ko will both visit the inn to announce to everyone Sachiko is pregnant with Ko's child and that they're planning to marry soon.

Last edited by Kanon; 2011-05-05 at 06:03. Reason: corrected :p
Old 2011-05-05, 05:05   Link #20
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

^ Is "Sachiko" a result of the merging? Because the name of Ohana's mother would be Satsuki. But then again, most of the girls have their share of "chi" in their nickname (Minchi, Nakochi, Ohana who was leaning towards Hanachi) so it wouldn't even be so wrong.