AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-03, 21:46   Link #61
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Touko is the cutest girlfriend! Yuu, even if you can't feel it right now, you lucky girl!

Yuu's inner monologues were certainly interesting when you think about them, because the first one sounds like she's trying to convince herself what she's feeling isn't love, and the one at the end seems to imply she's, regardless, stuck in the middle, wanting to but not quite making it, and feeling awful for it. This could definitely get ugly with time. However, let's forget about that and focus on how absolutely adorable Touko was this while episode! It's a good thing she didn't get caught with her face deep in Yuu's bed, because that could've been just a bit uncomfortable, and her face when she got that surprise pic. Just pure cuteness all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
Yuu reads the manuscript: "God damn it, another isekai trash"
Pretty sure it's supposed to be a proper novel
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 23:35   Link #62
Marina2

The scene between Yuu and Koyomi, other than hinting at future event, it also supported what Yuu thought a minute ago that she would show the same level of kindness to everyone - not just Touko.

However, in the bed room scene, that was something Yuu will only do with Touko. Not her friends or someone else.
Old 2018-11-08, 11:11   Link #63
Mars Terra

Touko's behavior here is cute, this is quite a unique scenario as well. See, anime writers? You can have moe without it being the same quirks we've seen dozens of times before!

But onto something much more serious. Yuu gets lost in thought about whether or not she is treating Nanami any different. But this is missing the point, while Yuu thinks she it's perfectly fine for them to stay like this, Nanami thinks that she still has a chance with her since Yuu never officially turned her down and she seems to want to progress their relationship further. Yuu is essentially playing with her feelings at this point without realizing it but Nanami might come to the conclusion over time that this is what's happening. This episode made me want to cry because of that.

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-09, 16:08   Link #64
kari-no-sugata II

Wow... that was an impressive episode. On many levels. Story, character, art, direction, plot...

10/10.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-09, 17:06   Link #65
Rnzlr

This is just the best thing I watched this year.
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-09, 20:01   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was indeed a seriously incredible episode. I don't think it could have been more perfect.

Touko's situation reminded me of Sket Dance. People who have read it know which character I'm talking about. Their reasons for trying to become their siblings are different though. Those people at the funeral probably didn't mean any harm, but I can see why their words had such a negative influence on Touko. She felt, and still feels, pressured to become as perfect as her sister and even surpass her. It wasn't a complete surprising reveal since there had been hints, but it was nice to have it out in the open. What was surprising and even shocking is what was revealed after the ED... I had a feeling she was about to say "don't fall in love with me" earlier, but I never thought she was intentionally manipulating Yuu into staying by her side.

Other highlight of the episode was Sayaka's talk with Yuu. If looks could kill, Yuu would already be dead.
Old 2018-11-09, 23:17   Link #67
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, this just got a hell of a lot more complicated. Oh, and another great episode

First of all, dear god, Sayaka, you could at least try to contain your desire to strangle Yuu in the spot Well, I guess you are, but still! I don't remember last time I saw such a spiteful glare in anime, or rather, one with so much emotion in it. Until further info, I'll just assume that scene was a fancy way of saying "Piss off, kid, you don't know ****".

...wait, doesn't this mean Touko's essentially using Yuu as a replacement for her sister? The one place where she can feel safe without having to do anything "special"? Meanwhile, Yuu has decided to try change herself and her feelings while dealing with this new obstacle, not knowing about the really big one. I love this show, but god, knowing this might make it hard to watch at some points. Mark of a good drama, I suppose.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-10, 12:10   Link #68
Mars Terra

The reason Nanami became how she currently is because of how everyone said that she needed to follow in her sister's footsteps, she might of hated how she used to be but that was the main reason for her changing. So even if Yuu whom is the most important person to her tells her to give up on trying to fulfill other's desires. This makes perfect sense as people will often follow their dreams and goals even putting their partner's feelings aside, and I think Nanami shows this aspect of humans pretty well.

But Yuu still doesn't feel the same way towards Nanami as she does towards towards her, even so she remains acting as if it is changing and implies that she likes Nanami back even though it's obvious that she doesn't (afterall saying "thank you very much" to someone who says "I love you" isn't exactly flattering to say the least)
This anime is killing me.

But of course, that wasn't the end of the episode. Now it's revealed that Nanami wants Yuu to stay out of love with her. This puts some things into perspective as now it makes sense why Nanami is fine with Yuu not returning her feelings. But this implies Nanami is manipulating her as much as Yuu is her.
And I don't know how to feel about that.

Old 2018-11-10, 21:46   Link #69
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Best episode of any TV series I've watched this year.

Business has officially picked up and then some....

Subtle art direction, several levels of tension/conflict, finally getting to see multiple sides. And it hasn't resorted to melodrama, thankfully.

This is definitely a point where the gauntlet has been thrown down. The challenge of whether you will stick with these characters despite certain motivations/secrets. And this was necessary.
Old 2018-11-17, 14:23   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another great episode, this one mostly focused on Sayaka. Like that guy from the student council, I had assumed Sayaka and Touko had known each other for longer than that. It makes me wonder how exactly she knows about Touko's past since according to Touko herself she doesn't overstep the boundaries Touko set.

I like Miyako already. Not sure how old she is but she's pretty wise and laid-back. She'll be able to give Sayaka some great advice.
Old 2018-11-17, 17:52   Link #71
kari-no-sugata II

Not a lot to say about this week. Not surprised at the background detail we get on Sayaka - glad we got it though.

If I have one worry about this series is that it's started to dial up the tension. I like some tension but I feel that "shoujo" stories often go too far. The anime is fine for now but this week was the first time that I felt it might end up going too far for my liking. Well, fingers crossed.

Regarding Sayaka... at the very end of the ep we see her and Touko separated by a line in the corridor. Just a subtle hint. Made me feel rather sorry for her...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 19:41   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I feel really sorry for Sayaka as well. Both for having her heart broken in the past and what she's going through now.
Old 2018-11-17, 21:45   Link #73
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I am very concerned that things will take a melodramatic path after this episode...

While the presence of adults gave that episode a much needed jolt and the focus on Sayaka was welcome....melodrama seems ready to spoil what's been a good title.

I hope that doesn't come to pass. Until the last 5 minutes, this episode was very flat for me. Then it came to a purpose.
Old 2018-11-17, 23:37   Link #74
Mars Terra

Sayaka was in a relationship with another girl before, and then that girl turned around and told her that her feelings toward Sayaka was just a phase (YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER BIT--) But it's clear to me now that the focus of the series is very much on different feelings relating to love and people trying to deal with those emotions that they don't understand.

I think it's reasonable for Touko not to notice Sayaka's feelings for her even if it is pretty obvious that she likes her with this being japan and all.

Spoiler:

Old 2018-11-22, 22:39   Link #75
Graskell
invisible man

Looking at the summery for the next episode, it looks like it will be covering chapters 13 & 14, but in inverse order. Which makes a certain kind of sense; 14 is more of a setup type chapter so 13 makes a better end point and looking back over them, there is no real reason that they have to be in the order they were originally written in. At every juncture this adaption continues to impress me.
Old 2018-11-23, 06:13   Link #76
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 6 and 7:

Beautifully animated, and episode 6 has some of the best drama scenes I've seen in anime.

Love triangle scenario has now appeared.. just waiting for Sayaka to explode when Touko and Yuu become closer and closer to each other.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 15:21   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sayaka and Yuu became a bit more friendly. At least Sayaka isn't giving off murderous intent when she looks at Yuu anymore. Even she finds it hard to hate such a good girl, although that may change once she finds out exactly how close Touko's gotten to Yuu. Speaking of Touko, when Yuu told her she was happy, her reaction was almost scary. It reminded me of Yuu's own reaction in an early episode when she held Touko's hand and realized she loved her.
Old 2018-11-23, 18:45   Link #78
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 8:

Sayaka showing her "girlfriend" to her sempai. Nice time for Touko to show up there. Well, done.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 21:55   Link #79
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Speaking of Touko, when Yuu told her she was happy, her reaction was almost scary. It reminded me of Yuu's own reaction in an early episode when she held Touko's hand and realized she loved her.
Touko insisted that Yuu never falls in love with her and secretly hoped Yuu would never change in Episode 6. So hearing that was probably alarm bells for Touko.

Aside from that and the scene with Sayaka and Yuu, felt like an underwhelming episode...

For something that's now two-thirds done, the last two episodes seem to leave a heck of a lot for the remaining episodes to do...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2018-11-24 at 00:16.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 22:01   Link #80
Mars Terra

Gosh dangit, I had everything I was going to say about this episode written down then it was gone in a flash.

Yuu seems to have figured out that maybe Touko doesn't really want for her to be in love with her, but I wonder which is true? Does Touko only want to be by Yuu's side because she wants to feel warmth and if Yuu did fall in love with her then she might get hurt if they don't work out?
It would also appear that Yuu and Sayaka don't know each other's secret regarding Touko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 8:

Sayaka showing her "girlfriend" to her sempai. Nice time for Touko to show up there. Well, done.
Was it good timing for Touko or was it good timing for her senpai to randomly bump into her?

Tags
yuri