AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-24, 10:00   Link #19801
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that's sad to hear.

Dutch prince Johan Friso in coma after avalanche

My condolences to the Dutch Royal Family.
Old 2012-02-25, 00:07   Link #19802
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Chavez flies to Cuba for urgent tumor removal
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-24-23-04-42
Can someone explain to me why he have to Cuba insted to stay in Venezuela to have such operation ?
Old 2012-02-25, 00:12   Link #19803
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Either they have better surgeons in Cuba, or he doesn't trust the local ones not to assassinate him.
Old 2012-02-25, 01:09   Link #19804
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Either they have better surgeons in Cuba, or he doesn't trust the local ones not to assassinate him.
Cuba has excellent health care for rich foreigners. Not so great for the Cuban people though. They're kind of like the US in that regard.
Old 2012-02-25, 01:15   Link #19805
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Cuba has excellent health care for rich foreigners. Not so great for the Cuban people though. They're kind of like the US in that regard.
Is it because they use Havana cigars for anaesthetic?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-25, 01:29   Link #19806
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, pre-revolution, Havana was THE place to go.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:18   Link #19807
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, pre-revolution, Havana was THE place to go.
Is it true? I heard of that before, but never really believed it.

UBS hires former Bear Stearns CFO Molinaro

Quote:
Over 20-plus years I came up through the ranks and grew up in the back office, and so I bring some perspective. Hopefully I can add some value to what they’re trying to do,” he said. “There’s no easy answer or recipe, but the people I’ve met here are on the right path.
Price action of UBS in the past 5 days.

Apparently people aren't very confident about this. Not even himself.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:32   Link #19808
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Iran has expanded sensitive nuclear work: U.N. agency
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...81N0HS20120224
Old 2012-02-26, 11:22   Link #19809
Sides

Don't know if it was posted yet, but Louisiana Red past away yesterday. Source: americanbluesscene.com
Kind of sad, I like his records. Really annoyed for not seeing him playing live.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:48   Link #19810
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah... Kevin Rudd takes a direct hit, Julia Gillard targets in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17173079
Old 2012-02-27, 01:18   Link #19811
Kyuu
=^^=

Now, this man is a good man:

Quote:
Marine credits karma for hitting $2.9 million jackpot at Bellagio

A couple of days before he hit a jackpot of nearly $3 million, Cpl. Alexander Degenhardt learned he’d been accepted as a bone marrow donor to an anonymous patient.

“They asked me if I was sure I wanted to go through with it, because it’s kind of painful, but what’s a little pain if it will save someone’s life?” the U.S. Marine said Friday. “I look at this as kind of good karma for that.”

Degenhardt’s karma was worth more than $2.8 million, the second biggest jackpot for Bally Technologies, which manufactures the games and pays out the jackpots.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012...n-jackpot/?hpb
Old 2012-02-27, 02:12   Link #19812
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ah... Kevin Rudd takes a direct hit, Julia Gillard targets in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17173079
Yeah it's kinda suck...

I means he was voted by the public onto his role. He still get the highest support by far by public poll (like twice to three times other candidate). But it's still his own failure as only 30/101 positions within the party support him

I don't want to get on the political debate. But should let him finishing his own job in his own term. Hate how the Labour party representatives (kinda) argued that they knows what is better for the country, than those participants for public poll or those voted him into power. They might be right in the end, we never know, but it's just an arrogant attitude of them. And now they have little chance to win next election
Old 2012-02-27, 03:20   Link #19813
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I don't stick to one party or the other or follow politics that much, but at the moment I don't trust either of them. Labour is a shambling mess, I'd rather have Rudd in there but the Party would rather not deal with him (oh boo hoo you poor pollies he's a workaholic and he makes you do stuff rather then sitting around throwing darts at a board, like usual), Julia is meh and comes across as incredibly false with the way she speaks and has flip-flopped around on a number of things. In the Liberal party Abbott comes across as a creepy mofo and a few of their policies I just do not agree with. Overall it's a pile of suck.
Old 2012-02-27, 03:38   Link #19814
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I don't stick to one party or the other or follow politics that much, but at the moment I don't trust either of them. Labour is a shambling mess, I'd rather have Rudd in there but the Party would rather not deal with him (oh boo hoo you poor pollies he's a workaholic and he makes you do stuff rather then sitting around throwing darts at a board, like usual), Julia is meh and comes across as incredibly false with the way she speaks and has flip-flopped around on a number of things. In the Liberal party Abbott comes across as a creepy mofo and a few of their policies I just do not agree with. Overall it's a pile of suck.
^ This man speaks the true.

Frankly, nothing to look forward in the political side. Maybe that is their grand evil scheme, making us bored with politics. So they can just do whatever they want
Old 2012-02-27, 04:32   Link #19815
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Nine killed in Afghan airport bomb, NATO base attacked
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8DQ03N20120227
Quote:
A suicide car bomber killed at least nine people in an attack on a military airport in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, officials said, the latest incident of violence and protests since copies of the Koran were inadvertently burned at a NATO base last week.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:38   Link #19816
Kyuu
=^^=

Direct quote from Wiki front page:

Quote:
The Artist wins five Oscars, including Best Picture, at the 84th Academy Awards.
So... Hollywood has fallen so far -- such that -- foreign films end up winning Best Picture.

Old 2012-02-27, 08:55   Link #19817
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
^ This man speaks the true.

Frankly, nothing to look forward in the political side. Maybe that is their grand evil scheme, making us bored with politics. So they can just do whatever they want
Nah, they are being distracted from the real issues like this :

Tale of two Australias: Gas rush splits town

Quote:
GLADSTONE, Australia (MarketWatch) — Banking on coal-seam gas to fuel its next wave of resource riches, Australia is fostering the budding industry involving a lot of dirt, trucks and pipes. And money.

Old 2012-02-27, 09:43   Link #19818
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

So... Hollywood has fallen so far -- such that -- foreign films end up winning Best Picture.

And ? It deserves it
Old 2012-02-27, 14:03   Link #19819
AnimeFan188

Wikileaks Pairs with Anonymous to Publish Intelligence Firm’s Dirty Laundry

"In an unprecedented collaboration between Anonymous and WikiLeaks, the
secret spilling site began leaking Sunday night portions of a massive trove of e-
mails from the private intelligence firm Stratfor that Anonymous obtained by
hacking the company in December."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...mous-partners/
Old 2012-02-27, 14:33   Link #19820
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Speaking of the Oscar, the best foreing picture was Iranian, right ? Is it possible than the one than participate to this movie get more problems with their gouvernement because of this price?

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international