AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-05, 21:32   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Keyman - The Hand of Judgement

I'm surprised there is no thread for this. We're fixing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary

Keyman is the resident hero of Rockville City, a place inhabited by both humans and animal people. In the years since his debut as a hero, crime has decreased significantly, which does not look all that great for the local police force. But one day, after he catches yet another group of criminals, Keyman is mysteriously murdered. Detective Alex and his police force are investigating the murder, and one of their major clues is the words "Dr. Necro," which were carved onto Keyman's body after his death. Their case gets even stranger when Alex unexpectedly meets "Dr. Necro," who appears to be a young girl, in a bar. What monster could be behind the murder of Keyman, and what does the childlike Dr. Necro have to do with it all?
So, anyone reading this?
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 21:40   Link #2
Xacual

Yeah I've been reading it. I keep wondering what's the deal with that Keyman that seems to be on their side. He seems to appear and disappear at random.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 12:06   Link #3
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah I've been reading it. I keep wondering what's the deal with that Keyman that seems to be on their side. He seems to appear and disappear at random.
I'm more worried about Alex at the moment. Butler is one badass mofo.

I think this "friendly" Keyman is attracted to Pete for some reason.
Old 2014-09-06, 12:48   Link #4
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ... Keyman was a really good surprise.
Really near perfect graphics, i like our lizard cop and others stuffs ...
And the Keymens ... are strange ... I loved the woman transformation too !
Old 2014-09-06, 15:05   Link #5
J4n1

I find myself shipping a 118 year old evil loli, and a crocodile (or possibly a T-Rex, not sure)...
Japan, what have you done to me?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 09:39   Link #6
Bogart
Banned

^ Alex is too good for Necro in every way possible. She's pretty much a monster no matter how you look at her.

I strongly recommend this manga to anyone that likes older manly protagonists that are clear of conscience. Alex is a good man and when he tussles with supernatural freaks it never disappoints.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 09:58   Link #7
J4n1

Alex is the most righteous crocodile in all of fiction, most badass too.

Got to say that i love the straight shooting, rules following copper being played as a badass.
There's a reason for rules, and once you start bending them, there comes trouble.

If the keymen need to be killed, then it's not the job of police officers to decide that it is so, or to do the deed.
If necessary, emergency laws can be made, and judicial process expedited.
But it is not the job of the police to kill those they've arrested (sometimes you can't take them alive, but that's another matter).

And yes, Alex is too good for Dr Necro, but i can always hope for redemption.
Though Alex's wife might have something to say about the whole thing.
Old 2014-09-07, 11:54   Link #8
Bogart
Banned

Sally is adorable though. Usually I find reporter types irritating because they are too preachy, tend to be heartless and self-righteous, but she's so gosh darn playful and works so well with Alex. They contrast and compliment one another so well. On top of that, they are also very similar. Both of them investigate things, but the thing is not everyone will talk to a cop, especially if he's a dinosaur, while some people will talk to a reporter, especially if she is a charismatic lynx.

It's also incredible that Alex and Sally are a married couple! Most manga denigrate the husband/wife dynamic or marriage altogether. This one has embraced it, depicting the clear bond between Alex and Sally, while showing it to be strong, yet strained at the same time.
Old 2014-09-07, 12:17   Link #9
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Alex and Aaron just won a spot in my heart. Man it's really rare to see a straight-and-by-the-book copper being badass these days.

Also, them shocking Norma was a nice moment.

(Part of me like the Alex/Sally thing, while a second part fear that Alex would have to kill her after she turn into a Keyman, and a third part is hoping that the second part is right so that Necro can comfort him while Alex help Necro find her redemption )
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 12:26   Link #10
Bogart
Banned

Wouldn't be much of a hero if he couldn't save his waifu.

Pete seems to be taking lessons of sorts from Necro. He's....not human anymore. His durability, but also his speed and strength seem to have gone up. The way he idolizes Keyman makes him a prime candidate for volunteering for something like that and Necro seems to have taken advantage of that.
Old 2014-09-28, 13:09   Link #11
Bogart
Banned

So how you guys liking Sally now?
Old 2014-09-28, 14:16   Link #12
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
I hope she succeeds.
But i'm fearing this will all end in tears.
Old 2014-09-28, 14:19   Link #13
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
I hope she succeeds.
But i'm fearing this will all end in tears.
Pete is more likely to die in my opinion. He's young, he's determined, and this is a story for old men.
Old 2014-09-28, 14:23   Link #14
Xacual

Quote:
Pete is more likely to die in my opinion. He's young, he's determined, and this is a story for old men.
If Pete does die it won't be until near the end in my opinion. Right now he's the rookie surrounded by old pros, that gives him some level of plot protection since there really isn't anyone else to take that role.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 21:34   Link #15
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If Pete does die it won't be until near the end in my opinion. Right now he's the rookie surrounded by old pros, that gives him some level of plot protection since there really isn't anyone else to take that role.
Or he'll be forced to become a Keyman.
Old 2014-09-28, 23:32   Link #16
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
I like her, but I think her plan is doomed to fail. I think she'll rescue the kids, but the Keyman is going to die protecting them.
Old 2014-10-03, 01:08   Link #17
Bogart
Banned

Okay, so since this is a parody of sorts of American Superhero comic books, the identity of the mysterious Keyman that's been hunting the others has all but been confirmed with the latest chapter.

I'm also really digging Sally's body-type. I haven't seen proportions like her's since Touka from Utwaremono I think.
Old 2014-10-03, 07:27   Link #18
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'll just be honest here, Frank's entrance was fucking pimp. Also, holy plot twists! This chapter was like a pretzel.

Sally...mhhm.
Old 2014-10-20, 11:20   Link #19
teejmo

Holy freaking crap, this stuff is good. Ch. 23 and 24 came out, and they are amazing. This plot is just getting deeper and deeper.

Also, the Extra Story about how Alex met Sally... what a good old lady.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 19:49   Link #20
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 29

New Chapter out!

Way to go Pete.
He's pretty damn baller now.

I also got surprised and impressed that Franck didn't do the typical villain thing and just stop at ruining Alex's professional life, but was going to kill him afterward. He understands that something like that won't stop a person like our ex-cop.

Anyway, looking forward to Alex and Aaron vs Norma Round 2!
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote