Notices

Old 2014-10-07, 08:19   Link #61
Juicyyuuji

goody
the eroge gets #1 sales in amazon beating fate stay night
https://mobile.twitter.com/babi_03/s...8927232/photos

edit:fate back on top expected as it has a bigger fanbase
edit 2:grisaia top again so it's going back and forth

Last edited by Juicyyuuji; 2014-10-07 at 09:32.
Juicyyuuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 10:43   Link #62
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
It's also created the buzz on google trends:
https://twitter.com/babi_03/status/519433477368733697
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 12:55   Link #63
GDB

I have no idea what I just watched, but I think I liked it. Did the animation studio doing this work on Monogatari too? A lot of the ways the characters look and act (especially the blonde) remind me of how characters in Monogatari looked and acted.

That said, so far the blonde is the character I most enjoy watching, but the redhead is the character I'm most intrigued by. The rest, meh.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 13:29   Link #64
DiabloCthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Did the animation studio doing this work on Monogatari too?
No, but Akio Watanabe, who is animation director here (he's also done character designs for both Grisaia no Kajitsu (along with Fumio) and Bakemonogatari, so if you think that Sakaki looks like Senjougahara, that's why) worked on Monogatari.
DiabloCthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 14:12   Link #65
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Another very good episode. I like what I see, but I am quite afraid as it looks it will be battle (I hope not literal) between Sakaki and Amane. Sakaki looks great and I will cheer for her, but already hate Amane guts (I don't have problem with sluty character in general btw).

If she will look like main heroine I might drop it despite strong atmosphere and appealing plot .
Huh... why do you hate Amane so much? Just curious, it's interesting to get the perspective of those experiencing the story for the first time.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 14:22   Link #66
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Another very good episode. I like what I see, but I am quite afraid as it looks it will be battle (I hope not literal) between Sakaki and Amane. Sakaki looks great and I will cheer for her, but already hate Amane guts (I don't have problem with sluty character in general btw).

If she will look like main heroine I might drop it despite strong atmosphere and appealing plot .
Amane is awesome, just once you witness her lovey-dovey wifey-ness caring side, you will fall in love with her.

Though I liked Yumiko better for her character design.
Old 2014-10-07, 16:00   Link #67
Tenzen12

As MC called she is "sizeable woman". These easy get are always traps (as capturing God preach). she looks friendly and flirty, but can't help but think it's just fasade hidding most deprivated girl of whole. These kind require non-stop pouring attention solving their issues and and guard own back to not get backstabed by them. Also she probably approached him only because his sister in first place.

To put it simply she is all trouble and no reward (aside of her body).
Old 2014-10-07, 16:15   Link #68
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
As MC called she is "sizeable woman". These easy get are always traps (as capturing God preach). she looks friendly and flirty, but can't help but think it's just fasade hidding most deprivated girl of whole. These kind require non-stop pouring attention solving their issues and and guard own back to not get backstabed by them. Also she probably approached him only because his sister in first place.

Prejudice and overgeneralized.
You don't know anything abot her. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Wait and see, than you can still decide if you don't like her.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 16:35   Link #69
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

first, I don't really love the art since I'm expecting better art from an VN-sourced anime

We have an interesting main protagonist... which resembled Tatsuya in some way
and the heroine looks ordinary at start (we got an exhibitionist, tsundere, maid-wannabe, shy-kuudere girl and a yandere)
but that ending really caught me off guard...
this anime is going to be very interesting
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 16:37   Link #70
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Prejudice and overgeneralized.
You don't know anything abot her. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Wait and see, than you can still decide if you don't like her.
Of course I don't, I just expressed my (extremely unpleasant) impression of her as someone above asked about it.

If she will be able get on my good side I don't have problem with it, but I doubt that will happen.
Old 2014-10-07, 19:49   Link #71
Shana

Quote:

I have to agree on this one. I got this Yuno vibe from her I have barely read a few manga chapters and, I'm not sure if the manga just sucks or what (I think this is the case) but she was portrayed as such. I'll have to read the VN to know which route I'm rooting for.
Old 2014-10-07, 21:54   Link #72
Dr. Casey

Quote:

Interesting thoughts, thanks
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 09:23   Link #73
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

As my good friend often tells me, "Women are bunch of panty droppers."

I think the character you like poses more concern than Amane's sluttiness. Her eyes reminded me of Kaede from Shuffle. She has the same vacant eyes only a mother could come to love. The other one that gave me willies was Sachie as soon as she came into view. When Sachie was casually putting together a bomb with her maid-fuku on, she had the same level of concentration as Kaede (the box-cutter user from Shuffle) had when she was in the kitchen, stirring away a pot that was EMPTY. I also couldn't help but wonder why Sachie chose to be in her maid-fuku when she decided to build her bomb. Didn't want to get lighter-fluid on her?

You, sir (or mam), also better not quit on this show if Amane comes to share Yuji's bed eventually. In fact, Amane's chances are pretty high at the moment considering how she resembles Yuji's master and how fondly he reminisce about her. You can only quit if Yuji hooks up with that chick with the box-cutter. If that happens, we both quit and hold hands together to console each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I know nothing about the game or its story, but the feel I got from the first episode is that this will turn into a survival, last person standing, story. (Please don't confirm or deny my speculation!) I liked all the characters we've met (are going to meet??) to varying degrees with a special attraction to the boy. (Which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows me. )
Hi there! Nice to see a verified woman following this show. So my lady, how would you rate Yuji's toned hiney?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 10:34   Link #74
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Hi there! Nice to see a verified woman following this show. So my lady, how would you rate Yuji's toned hiney?
Now that's a question I never expected to be asked.

I thought it was a nice piece of anatomy, if you really want to know.

Actually, what I was really thinking was that those of us who appreciate the male anatomy more than the female anatomy were getting more fanservice in the recent seasons than I remember in the past. And not just in shows solely dedicated to the female audience. Is this a deliberate attempt to draw in a larger audience? That's a discussion topic for another more generalized thread of course. But this episode does make me wonder.

Finally, I wouldn't mind at all if they provided me us with future such shots in the coming episodes.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 11:44   Link #75
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Episode 1 Static Avys

IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-10-08, 13:29   Link #76
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Seeing Sachi animated woke me from my slumber! JuicyYuji's a pretty good MC as well, so there's another plus to the adaptation.

Couple of things that I didn't like about the first episode that have already been mentioned on the thread so no point on beating on a dead horse.

...Except...

Spoiler for Amane VN:

All in all I guess I can say I'm pretty excited about the adaptation.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 14:25   Link #77
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Seeing Sachi animated woke me from my slumber! JuicyYuji's a pretty good MC as well, so there's another plus to the adaptation.

Couple of things that I didn't like about the first episode that have already been mentioned on the thread so no point on beating on a dead horse.

...Except...

Spoiler for Amane VN:

All in all I guess I can say I'm pretty excited about the adaptation.
is she the poster girl than they maybe will.
Old 2014-10-08, 21:19   Link #78
Juicyyuuji

yoshinos ending theme
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1IrZjfOysZi
Old 2014-10-09, 13:16   Link #79
dexecutioner

wow, they followed the VN very closely huh? This is good stuff let's wait till in the middle where the route branches out first. But the animation! As expected from 8-bit! Dat uncanny 3DCG! As expected from 8-bit!
dexecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 14:40   Link #80
Iron Maw
Banned

"Who ordered a stripper in my room?"
"It's not even my birthday today."

This is no Sousuke, that guy didn't even know what a joke was, let alone make them.

That was quite a nice start overall, yeah there is obviously something wrong with the denizens of this school and show makes no means to really hide that, something the watcher can pick fairly well before the ominous scene at the end of first episode. It's just matter of when the powder keg will be lit and the drama explodes everywhere.

On that note Sakaki is the least dangerous person here if you ask me, as she comes across much more forthcoming with her intents compared to the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Now that's a question I never expected to be asked.

I thought it was a nice piece of anatomy, if you really want to know.

Actually, what I was really thinking was that those of us who appreciate the male anatomy more than the female anatomy were getting more fanservice in the recent seasons than I remember in the past. And not just in shows solely dedicated to the female audience. Is this a deliberate attempt to draw in a larger audience? That's a discussion topic for another more generalized thread of course. But this episode does make me wonder.

Finally, I wouldn't mind at all if they provided me us with future such shots in the coming episodes.
I was musing about this very thing when I was that in the episode too. There is definitely a trend towards giving females "eye-candy" in what would be otherwise more male targeted shows. I've already seen a number of similar scenes in several shows this season alone, without bring up he previous ones. Without getting too deep into it here, I glad companies equalizing this soft of thing more if they going do it. Especially if bring down the barrier bit towards this show from females. With how brazen and common the panties are it's nice all of fanserivice isn't being directed at one group.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-10-09 at 22:23.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, school