AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-07-30, 09:40   Link #33381
mega1987
GregOS Offline

I rather be on Doomtrain...

*got ran over by Doomtrain and got Zombie, Blind, Poison, Sleep, Vit 0, Confuse, Berserk, Stop, Slow, Silence and Slow-numb(Petrifying)*
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 09:45   Link #33382
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Why do I have a feeling all the great authors decided to jump on the "Soul Crashngly Depressing" train?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You might as well give up now. deathcurse is the train.
Don't write my skills as a happy-maker off! Given alcohol, a computer and some mango pudding, I'll out-happy any therapist!

Besides, I'm only concerned about the HxV Files, the rest of deathcurse's writing is her own to um... write.
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 10:03   Link #33383
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Besides, I'm only concerned about the HxV Files, the rest of deathcurse's writing is her own to um... write.
I doubt it is even possible for her to write a happy ending.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 10:05   Link #33384
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Usually we enjoy dropping people to the bottom of infinity, throw them a rope, then let them climb it while cackling with a pair of scissors hovering just millimeters away.

The current trend it to cut the rope right off the bat and throw down rocks, plus the occasional scissors magically appearing in your hand. So amazing.

Suddenly I have a question: What kind of ending do you guys expect from The Two Goddesses? For those who read it?
Old 2011-07-30, 10:09   Link #33385
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
We'll see who gets to write the final part of the Files (forthcoming in a hundred years or so...).

I rather like giving my characters happy endings, thou not necessarily the expected kind ^^.
Old 2011-07-30, 10:25   Link #33386
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

It's cute how people here are currently seeing "DOOM!" everywhere just because of a one-shot, even moreso when one remembers that from the looks of it DC's trying her best to suppress her true nature and give HxV a happy ending

Besides, some of her stories did end happily. Just look at this one!
Old 2011-07-30, 10:27   Link #33387
Eagle8819

...I would actually try making the train speed up more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Usually we enjoy dropping people to the bottom of infinity, throw them a rope, then let them climb it while cackling with a pair of scissors hovering just millimeters away.

The current trend it to cut the rope right off the bat and throw down rocks, plus the occasional scissors magically appearing in your hand. So amazing.
See me grin.
Eagle8819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 10:51   Link #33388
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
It's cute how people here are currently seeing "DOOM!" everywhere just because of a one-shot, even moreso when one remembers that from the looks of it DC's trying her best to suppress her true nature and give HxV a happy ending
I figure that's why "Prerogative of the Brave" chapters take so much time for her to write. It's so unnatural for her to write things that are funny and which lead towards a successful love confession!

@Craxuan: I stopped reading "The Two Goddesses" because it seemed more and more inevitable that it was going to end up in either the bloody wreckage of half the cast or a hellish pit of angst. One chapter is pretty much my tolerance level for tragedy/Bad End fics.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 10:52   Link #33389
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:

Actually, that did end happily. For me xD. Since that was most likely be Nanoha's mindset... Assuming that she's really not that dense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle8819 View Post
See me grin.
I thought I felt an invisible hand poking my innards somewhere... So it was you?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
@Craxuan: I stopped reading "The Two Goddesses" because it seemed more and more inevitable that it was going to end up in either the bloody wreckage of half the cast or a hellish pit of angst. One chapter is pretty much my tolerance level for tragedy/Bad End fics.
Aw, too bad. Then again, the first chapter was somewhat very close to the ideal image I have in mind, I guess it speaks a lot. XD

... Don't want Hayate/Yuuno sweet times? There's one chapter on it~

Last edited by Craxuan; 2011-07-30 at 11:03.
Craxuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 11:14   Link #33390
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Red

Yagami

Mid

Four Start

Four 2

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peak - Four PT3:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 13:11   Link #33391
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I don't really understand it myself. I don't have any criticism, nor do I have any praises to give except that the stories' good. Perhaps this is what you call perfection? A state of balance?

Well... I could say that the Hayate here seemed less... motivated. I don't remember whether Rein died (Which could be a factor, or else), but she doesn't seem the kind to back down if it's for someone else. I get a feeling she'll continue on even with an empty husk as long as her life meant something for someone.
Spoiler for spoiler for the story:

Quote:
Why do I have a feeling all the great authors decided to jump on the "Soul Crashngly Depressing" train?
Quote:
My soul purpose in this thread is to get at least deathcurse off that train. -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You might as well give up now. deathcurse is the train.

Quote:
Don't write my skills as a happy-maker off! Given alcohol, a computer and some mango pudding, I'll out-happy any therapist!

Alcohol? Computer? Mango pudding? For me?

I'm trying to behave for the HxV Files ..........trying.........that counts, right?

Quote:
Quote:

*snickers at the choice of fic*

I do write happy endings! Well, if I consider them happy from my perspective (a suffering character gets to die peacefully...or someone sacrifices their life to save someone else and is happy about it.....), those count, right????

*hears cricket sounds*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle8819 View Post
...I would actually try making the train speed up more.
My partner in crime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I figure that's why "Prerogative of the Brave" chapters take so much time for her to write. It's so unnatural for her to write things that are funny and which lead towards a successful love confession!
Tell me about it! I start outlining detailed scenes, and after a while go "Wait, Vivio is supposed to succeed in doing X.....so, er, that last half-page has to go!"
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 13:20   Link #33392
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

I do write happy endings! Well, if I consider them happy from my perspective (a suffering character gets to die peacefully...or someone sacrifices their life to save someone else and is happy about it.....), those count, right????
They really do count... After reading Narcissu just now, I can only say that. They really, really do...
Old 2011-07-30, 18:12   Link #33393
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peak - Four PT3:
Yikes. Dieci on a rampage? And how the hell was a demon inside her...?

QUATTRO!
GonzoTheAnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 20:38   Link #33394
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Alcohol? Computer? Mango pudding? For me?

I'm trying to behave for the HxV Files ..........trying.........that counts, right?
*looks up from her stash of cognac and mango pudding she's been stuffing her own face with*

Um... sure! ^^;

You do realize that you don't have to give Prerogative a happy ending of the generic sort filled with fluff and romantic dreams per se xD. You only need to bring them to the point where they decide to give the relationship a shot, you can still stuff them full of insecurities and doubts if you want to lol. They -do- have four years to resolve those between our stories.
Old 2011-07-30, 20:53   Link #33395
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Solution is now up and running on "Shadowfire".
Old 2011-07-30, 21:14   Link #33396
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
*looks up from her stash of cognac and mango pudding she's been stuffing her own face with*

Um... sure! ^^;

You do realize that you don't have to give Prerogative a happy ending of the generic sort filled with fluff and romantic dreams per se xD. You only need to bring them to the point where they decide to give the relationship a shot, you can still stuff them full of insecurities and doubts if you want to lol. They -do- have four years to resolve those between our stories.
Friends share!

LOL, I really don't mind writing happy stuff as much as I pretend to be . It's just...trickier , to be sure.

The trouble really is that I'm getting all kinds of bunnies for other Hayate x Vivio fics, some of which take place during these teenage years before and after "Prerogative of the Brave" . Which is making it distracting when I'm trying to write Chapter 5....
Old 2011-07-30, 21:40   Link #33397
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Sometimes I wonder if I mentored you just a little too well, DC.
Old 2011-07-30, 22:53   Link #33398
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I knew someone was to blame.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 23:22   Link #33399
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
......I didn't mean to say that my plot bunnies are all tragic!

*twiddles thumbs* I mean....some of them are.....

But not all of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
I knew someone was to blame.
I had a good teacher, what can I say?
Old 2011-07-30, 23:29   Link #33400
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Problem with doing too much tradgey is that it sometimes feels like a cheap way to invoke emotions in the reader. May also seem like the author is trying to be seen as more deep and edgy then it really is *coughmadokacough*. It can be particularly bad if an author thinks things have to end tradgically and will write the fic as such even if the story doesn't call for it. Say, if a fluffy romantic comedy ends with the couple being hit by a truck. Such a development would be completely out of place and inappropriate.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha