AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-14, 14:58   Link #181
Salamandra

Because the zero division are near the king, probably chillin' there, ready, incase SS loses.

And I don't think that Zaraki should be counted as somehow below the other captains just because he can't use Bankai. Zaraki's got two ways of massively increasing his power, taking off the eye patch and using Kendo. Kendo sort of seems to be his version of bankai, considering how he was losing before and almost cut Nnoitra in half with one swing after. If he does manage to use Bankai (which I imagine will happen at some point), he'll be quite ridiculously powerful. Like instagibbing Aizen powerful.
Old 2008-10-14, 15:26   Link #182
Ichimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
Because the zero division are near the king, probably chillin' there, ready, incase SS loses.

And I don't think that Zaraki should be counted as somehow below the other captains just because he can't use Bankai. Zaraki's got two ways of massively increasing his power, taking off the eye patch and using Kendo. Kendo sort of seems to be his version of bankai, considering how he was losing before and almost cut Nnoitra in half with one swing after. If he does manage to use Bankai (which I imagine will happen at some point), he'll be quite ridiculously powerful. Like instagibbing Aizen powerful.
dude seriously, kenpachis kendo = a load of horse shit, noobs learn that in the academy he doesnt even need to learn that as his a reckless melee fighter, if he wanted to, why wait all these years to learn it now?
Old 2008-10-14, 15:36   Link #183
Salamandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
dude seriously, kenpachis kendo = a load of horse shit, noobs learn that in the academy he doesnt even need to learn that as his a reckless melee fighter, if he wanted to, why wait all these years to learn it now?
He stated that he learnt it ages ago, Yama-jii forced him to, just that he hated using it and it's name.

Obviously Kendo is hardly an advanced technique, it's just that it clearly makes Kenpachi enormously more powerful than he is without using it.
Old 2008-10-14, 15:42   Link #184
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

At least KT was consistent in always showing Kenpachi using one handed sword techniques. It is true that it is a basic technique but it does essentially double your power - like it or not. KT made him the captain w/o bankai and knowing his swords name. So when giving a character like that a power up, he has to be more creative (or less, depending how you look at it) - some liked it and some didn't. It is what it is. At least it is more believable than Ichigo always magically manifesting ways to beat superior opponents out of nowhere!
Old 2008-10-14, 17:47   Link #185
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
At least KT was consistent in always showing Kenpachi using one handed sword techniques. It is true that it is a basic technique but it does essentially double your power - like it or not. KT made him the captain w/o bankai and knowing his swords name. So when giving a character like that a power up, he has to be more creative (or less, depending how you look at it) - some liked it and some didn't. It is what it is. At least it is more believable than Ichigo always magically manifesting ways to beat superior opponents out of nowhere!
I think differently. Zaraki only increased physical strength and not spiritual power. Kendo or no, he shouldn't have made a dent in Noi. That is why that win was not believable. Ichigo on the other hand has monstrous physical strength he just doesn't know how to use it. So his figuring out how to turn the fight around isn't too far fetched.

In my humble opinion...
Old 2008-10-14, 22:43   Link #186
Magnus N

Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
I think differently. Zaraki only increased physical strength and not spiritual power. Kendo or no, he shouldn't have made a dent in Noi. That is why that win was not believable. Ichigo on the other hand has monstrous physical strength he just doesn't know how to use it. So his figuring out how to turn the fight around isn't too far fetched.

In my humble opinion...
Actually since they channel their spirit force through their arms using 2 instead of 1 could very well double your attack power, but most likley using kendo made Kenpachi koncentrate and focus his spirit pressure where he wanted it,

Imo the move was more believable then the constant Ichigo bs powerups we see, but we are all different .
Old 2008-10-15, 00:54   Link #187
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
There's more to Shiro-chan than what meets the eye, but I don't expect him to win his fight. It won't be slaughter though.

Am I the only one that remembers Ichimaru vs Toushirou? The kid can give an excellent fight if he's got the motivation and they were both just using shikai's. Granted, Ichimaru outwitted him, but I'm pretty sure that's what the kid is capable of, and not what everyone seems to remember him by: The fight with the Arrancar and his doomsday against Aizen. (Which was really more of a plot device than a fight, just showing how hax Aizen was)

He may not win but it won't be an imbalanced fight. I'm not expecting new abilities, I'm just expecting some crazy levels of reiatsu coming out from the kid. Raw power that will be outwitted yet again by battle experience.
Don'y make do something that I wont forget, srsly Hailbel would pwn then like trash on this how will end.
Old 2008-10-15, 01:26   Link #188
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post

In my humble opinion...
it's a lot more believable then Ichigo being able to keep his mask on for a super extended period of time (without explanation mind you...) against Grimmjow to whereas not too long ago he could only keep it on for a few seconds against Ulquiorra....
Old 2008-10-15, 02:33   Link #189
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
No spoilers for 330 yet? Don't we usually have some by now?

*is too impatient*
Old 2008-10-15, 10:01   Link #190
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus N View Post
Actually since they channel their spirit force through their arms using 2 instead of 1 could very well double your attack power, but most likley using kendo made Kenpachi koncentrate and focus his spirit pressure where he wanted it,

Imo the move was more believable then the constant Ichigo bs powerups we see, but we are all different .
The difference is Ichigo is not having a power-up. He's accessing the enormous powers that he already has. Urahara said he had above-average powers for a deathgod but he has no idea to use them. He is the most powerful but has the least skills out of everyone. He's a noob.

Zaraki is the same. If he didn't have a power up or a mind meld. then he would still be channeling the same power. it would be as if he hit with two hands instead of one... Which shouldn't have worked. Because there was no real increase. In RL maybe but not in fiction where spiritual powers are the key.

@Trizzy...
He kept the mask on longer because it was his will to do so. No big deal. I didn't even put much thought into until you brought it up.

Didn't you say? "Kenpatchi ...I love him but Kendo wtf"

I thought you agreed with me...
Old 2008-10-15, 16:33   Link #191
lucasd

Kenpachi has probably the largest amount of reiatsu in whole bleach universe (not mentioning that by not synchronizing with zanpaktou he is not at his full capacity)...

Although using KENDO was kinda stupid, it was not entirely bad idea...
Old 2008-10-16, 11:16   Link #192
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Eh?

There are so many deliberate things that Kenpachi does to handicap himself in battle so that he can enjoy a fight for as long as possible, such as wearing bells, having that eyepatch that limits his spiritual pressure output, and fighting one-handed...Kenpachi having to resort to Kendo to defeat Nnoritra is not stupid...Look at it this way, who would be able to hit more home runs; A batter who bats using only one hand, or a batter who uses both hands on the bat? Obviously the batter who uses both hands on bat...Kenpachi, as strong as he is and as much as he enjoyed the fight, obviously saw that he was extremely close to defeat if he had to resort to an ace-in-the-hole that would've given Kenpachi the clear win if used in the beginning...Kenny can't enjoy no more fights in life if he dies, now can he?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion