AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-24, 04:32   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Romance in Valvrave the Liberator

Welcome to the Romance in Valvrave the Liberator discussion thread. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place where to discuss all things romance related within Valvrave the Liberator potential pairings, things like that.

Please note that the very nature of this discussion means that people are bound to disagree with your opinion; remember to play nicely. Usual forum rules still apply.

Thread Guidelines
  • No Shipping! is the cardinal rule.
    As stated this is a Romance thread, not a place to whine about what characters did or didn't end up together. Any such posts will be deleted. Furthermore such shippers will be thrown overboard. In mod-lingo that usually means a ban!

• No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Most importantly: have fun
Old 2013-06-24, 05:08   Link #2
Key Board
Carbon

I don't think it's humanly possible to do this without shipping / biases

do we have to be super vague, or something?

fine.. here's my piece of mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HomIBwICv2o
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-24, 05:15   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
This is NOT what I want to hear. Be inhuman if you need to, but try you must.

Of course, I can always close the thread!
Old 2013-06-24, 05:59   Link #4
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
i have to agree. one could argue that romance =\= shipping but the mere fact that one ships a couple is because one sees a romance or at least hints of possibility in them. is it even possible to be stone-cold blue steel objective on this without emotions? i'm afraid this thread looks like a ban bait like pairing wars
Old 2013-06-24, 06:07   Link #5
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
i have to agree. one could argue that romance =\= shipping but the mere fact that one ships a couple is because one sees a romance or at least hints of possibility in them. is it even possible to be stone-cold blue steel objective on this without emotions? i'm afraid this thread looks like a ban bait like pairing wars
That makes 3 of us then. Look at how it already is on the board. Unless someone can be neutral and not really have a preferred pairing.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:22   Link #6
~BC~

So, it's not humanly possible to be a decent human being? Seriously, I feel this sort of defeatist mentality only enables the individuals who are prone to the sort of rabid behavior you guys are referring to.

Anyway, romance related scenes in show have been fairly minor but I get the impression they'll ultimately have a big influence on the overall plot. As far as the current love triangle goes I must be one of the few who thinks this whole thing might end with neither girl ending up with Haruto. He'll miss his chance with Shoko and never come to truly be in love with Saki (sort of feels like she jinxed herself with that whole "love that isn't rewarded will never last" line).
Old 2013-06-24, 06:43   Link #7
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Don't get me wrong, this thread can work. Just gotta keep shipping out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the outcome we get. What happened with Saki, back in episode 10 and now him unknowingly killing Shoko's dad, one can only imagine how he'll be affected when be finds out.
Old 2013-06-24, 08:14   Link #8
Fjoergyn

We could talk about a love triangle between shoko, l-elf and haruto, It would be a difficult situation for shoko having to decide between two men.
Old 2013-06-24, 08:26   Link #9
~BC~

I think there have been hints for that triangle since the beginning. However, I don't think we're there yet. Maybe next half of the cour.
Old 2013-06-24, 09:36   Link #10
Destined_Fate

It's a Double Triangle. Or Triple I guess.

Shoko is in-between Haruto and L-Elf, Haruto is in-between Shoko and Saki, and L-Elf is in-between Shoko and the Princess(Maybe).
Old 2013-06-24, 10:13   Link #11
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I won't be surprise if the person Shoko confessing to is L-Elf or someone else. Shoko has all the time she want to confess to Haruto but she doesn't, only when L-Elf appear she now want to confess to someone. But of course this all a guess, for Haruto and Shoko it can still be a happened if Saki is stubbornly reject Haruto and have him stay with Shoko. Any choice that Saki choose I'll be cool as long as she happy.
Old 2013-06-24, 10:16   Link #12
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I think there have been hints for that triangle since the beginning. However, I don't think we're there yet. Maybe next half of the cour.
Could especificarme those signals ?
Old 2013-06-24, 11:15   Link #13
~BC~

Well, to be more specific the hints seem to be for Haruto to be in competition with someone else for Shoko's love.

First episode, Kyuuma warns Haruto that he should tell Shoko how he feels before someone else gets to her. That line by itself wouldn't be particularly noteworthy except then we have L-Elf's ham and egg line.

"Would you split your love for a woman or a ham and egg breakfast in half?" Which seems to suggest the same thing as Kyuuma. That Haruto may end up losing Shoko to someone else. It just struck me as meaningful that they felt the need to reiterate this possibility. And no, I don't think it's meant to refer to the Shoko/Haruto/Saki triangle; as that involves the girls having to "share" their love.
Old 2013-06-24, 11:27   Link #14
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It's a Double Triangle. Or Triple I guess.

Shoko is in-between Haruto and L-Elf, Haruto is in-between Shoko and Saki, and L-Elf is in-between Shoko and the Princess(Maybe).
There's also Haruto between L-Elf and Shouko
Old 2013-06-24, 11:28   Link #15
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Speaking of Kyuuma, it's ironic that he says that to Haruto,
Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-24, 11:41   Link #16
~BC~

That's typical though isn't it? Giving people advise you ought to heed yourself. Though in Kyuuma's case that was a matter of running out of time.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-06-24 at 13:45. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 2013-06-24, 11:54   Link #17
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Well, to be more specific the hints seem to be for Haruto to be in competition with someone else for Shoko's love.

First episode, Kyuuma warns Haruto that he should tell Shoko how he feels before someone else gets to her. That line by itself wouldn't be particularly noteworthy except then we have L-Elf's ham and egg line.

"Would you split your love for a woman or a ham and egg breakfast in half?" Which seems to suggest the same thing as Kyuuma. That Haruto may end up losing Shoko to someone else. It just struck me as meaningful that they felt the need to reiterate this possibility. And no, I don't think it's meant to refer to the Shoko/Haruto/Saki triangle; as that involves the girls having to "share" their love.

I'd forgotten those words, that of kyuuma is significant. Suppose that from the beginning this triangle was thinking, but just wanted to deceive the viewer, I do not want to imagine if you then give to change things and L-elf romance ends with Saki
Old 2013-06-24, 13:23   Link #18
mayumi

While I don't particualrly care much about pairings, I still think it is going to be Haruto and Shouko ending. I would like to believe the director will try something different, I don't think it will happen. We might not get blown up oh they finally got together and both stay together forever ending though.

It will probably be acknowledged confession between them and after that one lives while other dies but Haruto continues loving her or something.

I would like Saki to have a happy ending. I don't think she will in her romance with Haruto. Now if Saki just wants a companion who will live as long as her. Then yes I think it is possible if she bonds with all valvrave pilots. I think the reason for Saki living so long other than being a immortal vampire is to see her grow from the closed off person she is to be a more mature open person who will have better way of dealing with her loneliness.

Last edited by mayumi; 2013-06-24 at 14:00.
Old 2013-06-24, 13:37   Link #19
LostSome

I would like they do something with SatomixTakahixHaruto before SatomixDeathxTakahi happens.
Old 2013-06-24, 15:08   Link #20
Destined_Fate

Everyone forgets that Satomi is in his own Life Triangle.

Underclassman(I know she was named!!!) x Satomi x Takahi with Takahi being conflicted over Satomi and Haruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I won't be surprise if the person Shoko confessing to is L-Elf or someone else. Shoko has all the time she want to confess to Haruto but she doesn't, only when L-Elf appear she now want to confess to someone. But of course this all a guess, for Haruto and Shoko it can still be a happened if Saki is stubbornly reject Haruto and have him stay with Shoko. Any choice that Saki choose I'll be cool as long as she happy.
Eh, I believe she still wanted to confess to Haruto due to recent events that has allowed her to gain more confidence in herself. However Haruto has grown further a part from her while she has been getting closer to L-Elf. Haruto has screwed up so many times to confess to her which means that L-Elf may end up being the one she wants because of many factors. Especially if she learns of Haruto's marriage proposal to Saki.

Still you can tell how far Haruto and Shoko have become such as when it was brought up that Haruto may be dating Saki, Shoko didn't seem as concerned about it now when surely Shoko would have been more concerned if it was her from much earlier episodes.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-06-25 at 04:39.
Closed Thread