AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-02-15, 11:47   Link #1461
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
If author want to make Ippo retire then damn do it already, seriously.
In a moment, this is opportunity for author to time skip. There is literally over 1000 chapter now, it is time for author to wrap up Ippo to next generation.
Honestly, at this point i don't care for Ippo career being world champ, all i want to see Ippo get married and has a child then 10 years later he return to boxing match, back to ring. Defeat all champs, defeat Takamura and die.
Then Ippo son will continue his legacy, that is perfect ending for Ippo.
or not return, rememeber his CTE but he retiring by CTE and sticking it would be the perfectg ending..yes, he didn't got to world champion but he put his soul and body but he take the hard choice...appreciated his life and health, that is hard(and adult) choice and maybe the next gen, we can pull a creed and he train the next gen.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 15:47   Link #1462
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
If author want to make Ippo retire then damn do it already, seriously.
In a moment, this is opportunity for author to time skip. There is literally over 1000 chapter now, it is time for author to wrap up Ippo to next generation.
Honestly, at this point i don't care for Ippo career being world champ, all i want to see Ippo get married and has a child then 10 years later he return to boxing match, back to ring. Defeat all champs, defeat Takamura and die.
Then Ippo son will continue his legacy, that is perfect ending for Ippo.
Why the hell would Ippo need to die? He should be there for his kids as his father wasn't.

Also, there's no way he could fight Takamura. Completely different weight classes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 16:31   Link #1463
kanoguti

Anyone who dislikes the past 100 chapters of Ippo has brain damage.

George is perfectly capturing the feeling of an athlete having to give up what they love due to injury (or fear of injury). In this case, we have real fucking stakes about Ippo going brain dead and living a shitty life if he continues boxing. On top of this, we have the knowledge that, Ippo will probably have some issues even if he never boxes again at this point. It puts into context the series in a grim light, and it's something I wouldn't expect from George, who owns a boxing gym himself.

Passion vs. further brain damage. It's a real interesting debate too, since we, the audience, have only seen Ippo as the boxer. That's all we know him as. And Ippo, in the same vein, is only seeing himself as a boxer after all this time. But someone like Ippo's mother, has known him as a non-boxer longer than a boxer.
Old 2018-02-15, 22:00   Link #1464
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why the hell would Ippo need to die? He should be there for his kids as his father wasn't.
Why not?
Joe Yabuki died in ring as single man while Ippo die in ring as father and husband. That sound not bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, there's no way he could fight Takamura. Completely different weight classes.
Yeah, i forgot about that, maybe they can fight in unofficial match or something.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 02:34   Link #1465
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Why not?
Joe Yabuki died in ring as single man while Ippo die in ring as father and husband. That sound not bad.
Not every manga boxer needs to be Joe. And if Ippo has kids, I hope he'll be responsible enough to raise them. I mean, accidents happen, but if he's already damaged and he gets into a ring, his death isn't one.

Quote:
Yeah, i forgot about that, maybe they can fight in unofficial match or something.
Weight classes exist for a reason.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 07:20   Link #1466
dragon1412

Quote:
Impossible, it is possible to Kimura maybe, but that was actually stretching it. Takamura weight class is so far apart from Ippo that 1 single hit might end the fight
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 14:22   Link #1467
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Impossible, it is possible to Kimura maybe, but that was actually stretching it. Takamura weight class is so far apart from Ippo that 1 single hit might end the fight
But if Ippo wants to retire for real, Takamura is a guaranteed way to do that
Old 2019-06-02, 20:16   Link #1468
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So not only he retired, but the thread too?

Btw, Inoue made his take on him

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports