Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 00:43   Link #1201
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Oh, I was actually talking about Suppiido...never heard of Freeze before. I might give them a shot if SD Taka goes on another one of their dry spells. Thanks.
Ah, I haven't watched Suppiido subs since maybe the first 4 or 5 episodes. Freeze-subs are pretty quick and decent in my opinion but it may vary depending on the person. Give it a shot though, it doesn't hurt to try

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 17:36   Link #1202
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Just had to ask this...Saiyans are capable of increasing their power every time they are in a near-death experience yet no one thought that attempting suicide during they're training far surpasses the amount of days that they could spend in the hyperbolic time chamber.

If I was Vegeta/Goku/Gohan/Trunks/Goten I would be telling piccolo to beat me within an inch of my life then eat a senzu bean.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 17:54   Link #1203
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Just had to ask this...Saiyans are capable of increasing their power every time they are in a near-death experience yet no one thought that attempting suicide during they're training far surpasses the amount of days that they could spend in the hyperbolic time chamber.

If I was Vegeta/Goku/Gohan/Trunks/Goten I would be telling piccolo to beat me within an inch of my life then eat a senzu bean.
The problem with a theory like that is that beating someone within an inch of their life could possibly result in death itself Attempting suicide runs the same risk so it would be kind of pointless if you kill yourself before you're able to help. The reason Goku got so much stronger isn't only because he trained in 100X gravity, but the fact that he nearly killed himself when he was shooting "Kamehameha" waves constantly around the ship and taking the hit, which resulted in a near death experience. Hence, his large increase in power level.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-13, 17:57   Link #1204
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
The problem with a theory like that is that beating someone within an inch of their life could possibly result in death itself Attempting suicide runs the same risk so it would be kind of pointless if you kill yourself before you're able to help. The reason Goku got so much stronger isn't only because he trained in 100X gravity, but the fact that he nearly killed himself when he was shooting "Kamehameha" waves constantly around the ship and taking the hit, which resulted in a near death experience. Hence, his large increase in power level.
Keep a set of balls ready just in case (Dragonballs, I meant dragonballs)

Old 2009-11-13, 18:21   Link #1205
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post

Ha, that's a neat thought. I think Vegeta actually tried that one before with Krillin and Gohan in DBZ when they were teamed up on Namek. So yeah, it should work.

The problem with using it as a training technique, however, would be that gaining power levels doesn't necessarily make you a better fighter. Experience and knowing how to fight play a part in that too. You can be really strong and really fast, but if you fight like a sissy, then you're probably gonna get your ass handed to you regardless.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 18:38   Link #1206
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Ha, that's a neat thought. I think Vegeta actually tried that one before with Krillin and Gohan in DBZ when they were teamed up on Namek. So yeah, it should work.

The problem with using it as a training technique, however, would be that gaining power levels doesn't necessarily make you a better fighter. Experience and knowing how to fight play a part in that too. You can be really strong and really fast, but if you fight like a sissy, then you're probably gonna get your ass handed to you regardless.
This is a series where fighting simply consists of you landing every hit/dodging every hit/blocking every hit. I think they have enough experience

Old 2009-11-13, 18:56   Link #1207
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Ah, I haven't watched Suppiido subs since maybe the first 4 or 5 episodes. Freeze-subs are pretty quick and decent in my opinion but it may vary depending on the person. Give it a shot though, it doesn't hurt to try
I've seen Freeze-subs missing entire lines of dialog on the last couple of episodes so I've been kind of put off by them. On the other hand I've seen Suppiido do the same on a couple of occasions but not as many lines as Freeze so I tend to go with the former instead of the latter when SD-Taka aren't available yet.
Old 2009-11-13, 19:17   Link #1208
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I've seen Freeze-subs missing entire lines of dialog on the last couple of episodes so I've been kind of put off by them. On the other hand I've seen Suppiido do the same on a couple of occasions but not as many lines as Freeze so I tend to go with the former instead of the latter when SD-Taka aren't available yet.
While that is true, I guess I don't mind it as much since I already know what they're saying. If this was another series that I've never seen before, I wouldn't watch with Freeze-subs. Still, they were much worse in the beginning but they've improved. Slowly but surely. I might check back on Suppiido subs again though.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-13, 19:27   Link #1209
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
While that is true, I guess I don't mind it as much since I already know what they're saying.
That's a good point. And while I'm not necessarily watching DBZ for the dialogue, I do hold the show in high enough esteem to want to get the full experience. Besides, it's easier to wait since I've been particularly busy this semester. It might be murder when I get some free time in the winter though.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 03:55   Link #1210
Ottocycle

Goku doing a Ginyu pose was as awesome as I remembered it!
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 04:22   Link #1211
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Goku doing a Ginyu pose was as awesome as I remembered it!
Where did this weeks episode end at?
Old 2009-11-15, 04:30   Link #1212
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Ep 32:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 04:39   Link #1213
Blaat

Quote:
As I said the body change will happen at the end of the episode 33
Old 2009-11-15, 04:47   Link #1214
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for Ep 32:
Spoiler for Episode 32:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
As I said the body change will happen at the end of the episode 33
At this rate, it'll probably happen in the middle of the episode. There's not a lot of material in between Goku powering up, and the body swap.
Old 2009-11-15, 04:56   Link #1215
Ottocycle

Quote:
At this rate, it'll probably happen in the middle of the episode. There's not a lot of material in between Goku powering up, and the body swap.
Also, the next episode title hints at the technique as the main point of the episode, so I'd tend to agree with that.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:15   Link #1216
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Also, the next episode title hints at the technique as the main point of the episode, so I'd tend to agree with that.
That depends Kai episode 28 title hinted at the Ginyu force arriving to be the main point of the episode and yet they only arrived at the end of the episode.
Old 2009-11-15, 15:28   Link #1217
Vicious108

Just watched episode 32. Great episode as usual and Ginyu going "Frieza-sama BANZAI!" in the preview was hilarious.

Also I'm glad they removed Ginyu attacking Jeice when he helped him against Goku. That was really dumb filler that made the Ginyu Force look less of a trusting, united team. Gotta preserve their cool image.

And speaking of filler, I find it amusing though, that despite Kai being filler-free, we still get these "Meanwhile, Bulma was..." segments. I always figured those were as filler as it gets. But maybe they're canon afterall...?
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 15:34   Link #1218
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And speaking of filler, I find it amusing though, that despite Kai being filler-free, we still get these "Meanwhile, Bulma was..." segments. I always figured those were as filler as it gets. But maybe they're canon afterall...?
I'm not 100% sure because i can't remember that well, though i'm sure that there's some scenes like that in the manga. Just that the past TV series added a hell of a lot more then their should be.

Can someone confirm this? Really wish i had the volumes on me at the moment.
Old 2009-11-15, 15:36   Link #1219
Vicious108

Well I'm at least certain that Captain Ginyu

Spoiler:

was filler. God that was awful.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 15:51   Link #1220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah. I do remember that a lot more of the Bulma material during the Freeza fight is filler.