AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 13:43   Link #21
Dop
Mmmm....

That was just absolutely wonderful. I was just off away in another world for the duration.
It's got exactly the same feel to it as the original series, and bodes really well for the forthcoming new series.

I'd convinced myself that they just didn't make shows like this any more, and I'm spectacularly pleased to have been proven wrong!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 17:31   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This wasn't the best Mushishi story but it was still wonderful. This special remained true to the spirit of the show, and the atmosphere was as captivating as usual. Only the character design was different, it's now closer to the manga and Ginko is more handsome than ever as a result, so this is a good thing. I'm so glad the staff and the studio remained the same. We all wanted more Mushishi, but a gem like Mushishi can't be handled by just anybody. You need special people to bring a special manga like this one to life on screen.

As for the content of the episode itself, I was happy to see Adashino and Tanyuu again. I assume Ginko is going to give that shard to Tanyuu, in hope she will recover faster. It was also nice to see Ginko's patients from the first season again, even if it was only for a split second each. They all seem to be doing well.

The highlight of the episode was the relationship of the twins. It reminded me of a previous story that also featured twins. The twins this time were fortunate enough not to be separated for too long, and both of them are going to be cured, isn't it nice?
Old 2014-01-04, 19:32   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The highlight of the episode was the relationship of the twins. It reminded me of a previous story that also featured twins. The twins this time were because fortunate enough not to be separated for too long, and both of them are going to be cure, isn't it nice?
When the malaised twin rejected the gem, I had an awfully bad feeling that the twins might have truly switched places for good and that the reason she rejected the gem is because it's what she wished for. But I guess it's better to trust Ginko's judgement and assume it's a temporary thing. She might have simply rejected it because she wanted the role reversal to last as long as possible.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 20:46   Link #24
taichi-kun

If my memory serves me right Tanyuu was the woman who wanted to travel with ginko but couldn't because of a mushi...

It was great to see her again
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 23:54   Link #25
achirist

I thought this was fantastic! The animation is beautifully updated, but they perfectly captured the feel of the original series. I can't wait to see more!

Tags
seinen, supernatural