AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-27, 15:54   Link #41
DanielSong39

You're right, every good story needs buildup. But they can always choose to build the story using material from Otome and Yume's paths instead of using the "kitchen sink" philosophy. I don't want the makers to pull a Kanon 2006, which sometimes resembled a slideshow of various game scenes.

More than anything else, I'd like to see proper buildup in the relationship between Yoshiyuki and his two sisters in the first half - which would make the events of the second half of the show much more meaningful.
Old 2008-04-03, 00:48   Link #42
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
You're right, every good story needs buildup. But they can always choose to build the story using material from Otome and Yume's paths instead of using the "kitchen sink" philosophy. I don't want the makers to pull a Kanon 2006, which sometimes resembled a slideshow of various game scenes.

More than anything else, I'd like to see proper buildup in the relationship between Yoshiyuki and his two sisters in the first half - which would make the events of the second half of the show much more meaningful.
agreed~!

looks like it from the promo... its more focused on his nee chan... yay!

no more minatsu arc! yayx2!
Old 2008-04-03, 08:46   Link #43
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Anime like Da Capo dont need to pull a Kanon 2006 because they cant even if they want too. Individual Arc brilliance of Kanon can just not be surpassed and hence they cant be ignored either.

Coming back to D.C II , the move to change the girl seems very much like a move to pls the audience, and frankly, the break up with Koko was very poorly explained. Yoshiyuki turned from a could be nice lead to one the many stupid good for nothing ones
Old 2008-04-03, 09:00   Link #44
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Anime like Da Capo dont need to pull a Kanon 2006 because they cant even if they want too. Individual Arc brilliance of Kanon can just not be surpassed and hence they cant be ignored either.
As much as i love Kanon, i wouldn't really call it as anything brilliant. There is nothing inherently superior in Kanon, bar execution and much better animation quality. Sure - i found it very interesting and immensely enjoyable, but i wouldn't call it anything groundbreaking story-wise. Nor does it need to be to make for a great show.

Quote:
Coming back to D.C II , the move to change the girl seems very much like a move to pls the audience, and frankly, the break up with Koko was very poorly explained. Yoshiyuki turned from a could be nice lead to one the many stupid good for nothing ones
As much as i dislike how his relationship with Koko turned out, it was her who called it quits. And seeing how she was not worth a bleep on his radar whenever something came up, i would say her reasons are fairly justified. She was being frustrated with him, and she was frustrated at herself for being frustrated. It wasn't that much of a healthy relationship. If by "changing the girl" you mean the focus of the anime, then i can say that almost every anime thats adopted from a game does this. And since we are somehow bringing Kanon in to this, that show was a prime example of the formula. Not like there is anything particularly wrong with it, depending on the execution.
Old 2008-04-03, 09:53   Link #45
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As much as i dislike how his relationship with Koko turned out, it was her who called it quits. And seeing how she was not worth a bleep on his radar whenever something came up, i would say her reasons are fairly justified. If by "changing the girl" you mean the focus of the anime, then i can say that almost every anime thats adopted from a game does this. And since we are somehow bringing Kanon in to this, that show was a prime example of the formula. Not like there is anything particularly wrong with it, depending on the execution.
I agree i always felt that Koko did the right thing instead of dragging the shame that was their relationship on. He never had her best interest at heart and when something came up she was the last thing on his mind. Around this time is when my hope that Yoshiyuki would turn out to be a pretty good male lead went up in smoke. I was unhappy at how the relationship turned out and how he treated her but i felt it was right to ended. Koko did the right thing it just a shame Yoshiyuki didnt give a damn.
Old 2008-04-03, 11:03   Link #46
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
agreed~!

looks like it from the promo... its more focused on his nee chan... yay!

no more minatsu arc! yayx2!
Yeah, this does have the potential to be much better than the previous season. My only problem is, Minatsu appears to have been erased from existence. Of course, considering how they ended the previous season, it makes perfect sense, but it's still annoying as
Spoiler for Warning: The following statement might be offensive to D.C.-fanboys:

And I seriously hope that they're not going to try and go back to the whole Koko-thing. They sucked as a couple anyway.
Old 2008-04-03, 12:09   Link #47
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Yeah, this does have the potential to be much better than the previous season. My only problem is, Minatsu appears to have been erased from existence. Of course, considering how they ended the previous season, it makes perfect sense, but it's still annoying as
Spoiler for Warning: The following statement might be offensive to D.C.-fanboys:

And I seriously hope that they're not going to try and go back to the whole Koko-thing. They sucked as a couple anyway.
Yeah... I really never did like koko either, she was quite boring. I am glad she finally broke up with him because he only really dated her to essentially test if he really did love her or just thought of her as a childhood friend, which he finally proves at the end that she is only just that.
Old 2008-04-05, 12:15   Link #48
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2008-04-05, 13:04   Link #49
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
What's the point in putting that in a spoiler-tag? You didn't really mention anything about the plot, just "They are hinting at what will happen, and it seems to be exactly what I hoped for."...
Apart from that, now I'm getting pretty excited about this, hope someone gets a fansubbed version out quickly. (Though I miss Minatsu. You didn't mention anything about her, but seeing that the main site doesn't even aknowledge her existence anymore, I can only assume that she's not there anymore. Damn writing-staff.)
Old 2008-04-05, 13:19   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
What's the point in putting that in a spoiler-tag? You didn't really mention anything about the plot, just "They are hinting at what will happen, and it seems to be exactly what I hoped for."...
It's my policy to post every single thing about raw episodes in spoiler tags, whether it's a spoiler or not. Some people don't like reading impressions of raw episodes, because they feel even knowing whether it's a good or bad episode spoils part of the fun of watching it. I asked the forum in a thread two years ago what they preferred, and that was the result of the thread. So I will always post all raw comments, observations and speculation entirely in spoiler tags, and encourage others to do the same. I mentioned that in the opening post of this thread, even.

Quote:
(Though I miss Minatsu. You didn't mention anything about her, but seeing that the main site doesn't even aknowledge her existence anymore, I can only assume that she's not there anymore. Damn writing-staff.)
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-05, 13:26   Link #51
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-05, 13:33   Link #52
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-05, 13:41   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-04-05, 13:52   Link #54
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As much as i dislike how his relationship with Koko turned out, it was her who called it quits. And seeing how she was not worth a bleep on his radar whenever something came up, i would say her reasons are fairly justified. She was being frustrated with him, and she was frustrated at herself for being frustrated. It wasn't that much of a healthy relationship. If by "changing the girl" you mean the focus of the anime, then i can say that almost every anime thats adopted from a game does this. And since we are somehow bringing Kanon in to this, that show was a prime example of the formula. Not like there is anything particularly wrong with it, depending on the execution.
He being with Koko was just the purpose of him being able to concentrate on being nice to the other girls without them being able to fall for him. He was offlimits during that time because he was with Koko.
Old 2008-04-05, 14:00   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-05, 14:45   Link #56
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
*Kills you for bashing my favourite character*
Anyway, due to uTorrent randomly not working, I haven't been able to watch the episode yet, but I did watch the opening. Video-wise, it's better than Sakura Saku Mirai Koi Yume, but I'd put it beneath all the other ones. Too many still-frames. The song isn't too bad though. I still think yozuca's songs all sound a bit too similar to each other, but it's still a fairly decent song.
Old 2008-04-05, 14:58   Link #57
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh wow, episode 1 is already out? And here I thought it won't be till the 11th when it will first air.

*waiting patiently for subs*

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-05, 14:58   Link #58
Snuffle
likes cute things

Currently getting the raw, this is one of many shows starting this month that I've been eagerly waiting for . It's gonna be a great month . Since I've played the game, I hope I will understand what's going on lol.
Old 2008-04-05, 15:19   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Lets see...

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-05, 15:40   Link #60
Vegard Aune

Okay, I just saw the episode. Not much to say that hasn't already been said, really.
Spoiler for However...:
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen