AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-16, 17:44   Link #41
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
So what if luffy has help. Luffy lost ten years of his life in ID trying to get to ace.
Sorry, but I call it like it is. The problem is that Luffy has too much BS and luck on his side. As for losing 10 years of his life from the hormone injection, that doesn't really matter since Oda doesn't kill off his characters in the present time anyways.
Old 2009-12-16, 17:46   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Contributing to saving Ace is perfectly fine by me, but being the one to actually rescue him shouldn't be feasible for Luffy at all.
Luffy has the Key (the proverbial "gun on the stage"), so he will eventually use it. Simply freeing Ace, though, does not mean he has saved Ace. Rather it will be Whitebeard who ultimately "saves" Ace. Luffy will just probably be the one to take the handcuffs off...
Old 2009-12-16, 18:03   Link #43
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Luffy has the Key (the proverbial "gun on the stage"), so he will eventually use it. Simply freeing Ace, though, does not mean he has saved Ace. Rather it will be Whitebeard who ultimately "saves" Ace. Luffy will just probably be the one to take the handcuffs off...
I have no problems with this scenario. It's perfect since there wouldn't be any point in having the key if he never even uses it. As long as he's not the one who actually takes Ace away to safety, it's all good.
Old 2009-12-16, 18:40   Link #44
marvelB

Well, we've seen Luffy have his fair share of losses during this storyline, so methinks it wouldn't hurt for him to have his own little victory by helping to save Ace. Besides, even if he forced Iva to pump him full of more hormones, I doubt it means that he'll suddenly start bitch-slapping admirals left and right (though I admit that would truly be a sight to behold ). I can at least see him landing a surprise hit on the admirals though, which would distract them long enough to give Whitebeard and co. an opportunity to strike back against them. There's still the question of how Garp and Sengoku will be handled, however.....

But I'm still looking forward to Buggy the most. Now that he's been thawed out, I'm sure he'll pull off a crazy enough stunt to shock both the marines and NW pirates alike. I still think there's a pretty high chance that he'll end up being be the one to save Ace from the marines' grasp.
Old 2009-12-16, 18:45   Link #45
james0246

^I've said this many times in the past dozen plus chapters, but I am expecting Buggy to accidentally destroy something important before this arc is over. He will, somehow, stumble upon a big red button that is labeled "DO NOT PUSH", and then accidentally fall on it, resulting in the defensive walls falling back into the sea. Or, any number of other crazy accidental stunts that will cause widespread panic and chaos.
Old 2009-12-16, 19:03   Link #46
marvelB

^lol, Buggy accidentally causing Marineford to self-destruct would be the most awesome thing, ever. Not sure if Oda would go that route, but.... I think it's possible. After all, the destruction of Enies Lobby was blamed on the Straw-Hats when it was really the Buster Call that committed that particular deed (and even then, the only reason the BC was summoned at all was due to Spandam's incompetence, so he's technically the one to blame for that mess).....
Old 2009-12-16, 20:51   Link #47
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

chapter is out

Last edited by d' airscapez; 2009-12-17 at 03:19.
Old 2009-12-16, 21:31   Link #48
james0246

^Please delete that link. It is illegal to post links to licensed materials.
Quote:
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
Old 2009-12-16, 22:34   Link #49
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Hmm. Luffy will drop the key in the coming chapters. Buggy's hand will pick it up and unlock Ace before anyone notices.

Also, I can totally see Luffy backsmacking one of the Admirals. >_>

Last edited by DJ Trouble; 2009-12-16 at 22:51. Reason: also
Old 2009-12-17, 02:37   Link #50
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Well this is it, looks like it's Luffys last chance to show some progression...
Old 2009-12-17, 04:35   Link #51
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, we've seen Luffy have his fair share of losses during this storyline, so methinks it wouldn't hurt for him to have his own little victory by helping to save Ace. Besides, even if he forced Iva to pump him full of more hormones, I doubt it means that he'll suddenly start bitch-slapping admirals left and right (though I admit that would truly be a sight to behold ). I can at least see him landing a surprise hit on the admirals though, which would distract them long enough to give Whitebeard and co. an opportunity to strike back against them. There's still the question of how Garp and Sengoku will be handled, however.....
I've been thinking for the last few chapters that if there's anyone Luffy's going to hit first with "Haki" it's going to be Kizaru. I doubt the guy would be expecting Luffy to be able to hurt him and so would get careless. Of course, after everyone sees Luffy send an Admiral go flying, they're going to be a lot more cautious. But, it would turn the tide of the battle.

But yes, there's still Garp and Sengoku.

PS I feel that Sengoku's likely to "retire" after this. More like be forcibly retired actually.... and for Akainu to get the promotion... and the Marines to get even more extreme. Just a feeling. Maybe Garp too, to make it a real "end of an era".
Old 2009-12-17, 04:37   Link #52
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Well this is it, looks like it's Luffys last chance to show some progression...
He's gonna let out the haki and knock out most of the marines, leaving only the most elite of them up.

Either way, too many guys on that battlefield that will beat his ass senseless. Garp is his grandpa and a bonafide badass. Nothing Luffy does now will affect him.

He's going to lay some good hits on one or two of the marines. One of the admirals may turn on the Marines (maybe Kizaru or Garp). This defection or betrayal will throw the marines into chaos.

Boa's powers are too convenient. She'll give them a chance to escape.

Where the hell is Dragon? This seems like a party he wouldn't want to miss given that his family is all there... Ace, Luffy, and Garp.
Old 2009-12-17, 05:12   Link #53
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

damn...15 pages just feels too short for a chapter
Old 2009-12-17, 05:56   Link #54
Battler-kun

WB soon to die.
Old 2009-12-17, 07:34   Link #55
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I can see Luffy's big Haki moment coming up.

Quote:
Additionally, he, unlike almost all of the Whitebeard troops, has actually gotten closer to touching Ace than anyone else (right now, if you were to rank who was closest to actually getting to Ace (with the hope of saving him), it would be Luffy, then Marco, then Oars, with Whitebeard trailing them by a mile).
Naw. I disagree. I would say Oars, Marco, then Luffy.
Oars close to touching him, Marco got close enough that Garp had to stop him, so that means he made it to where the Admirals were sitting before the war started, which is right underneath.
Luffy made to where the 3 Admirals were standing on the battlefield.

Quote:
I don't how any of them can take off the handcuffs since they are made of seastone.
Old 2009-12-17, 08:22   Link #56
shankss
CP10

Akainu, the man who killed the strongest man of the world...and surely the next fleet admiral.
Old 2009-12-17, 09:10   Link #57
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Where the hell is Dragon? This seems like a party he wouldn't want to miss given that his family is all there... Ace, Luffy, and Garp.
I am actually expecting Luffy to fail in some ways (like failling entirely, or releasing ace while being caught by the marine), and to Dragon to show up to save him.

I don't see why Dragon would not show up.
Old 2009-12-17, 11:38   Link #58
Battler-kun

This chapter really shows the admirals strength.

With this i guess, Ace will survive in exchange for WB's death.
Old 2009-12-17, 12:04   Link #59
Vree

I'm not sure how to feel about this chapter, because Ace's situation and backstory (the whole "do I deserve to live" deal) is basically a repetition of the Impel Down arc with Robin. I'm not gona throw the towel because of it, but I would have preferred if he had been given a new more interesting background.
Old 2009-12-17, 12:42   Link #60
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
This chapter really shows the admirals strength.

With this i guess, Ace will survive in exchange for WB's death.
yeah sure. Marco was running towards WB and got shot from behind and Jozu too wasn't paying attention and got frozen. Both were distracted.