AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-02, 11:47   Link #1201
rulfo

Nice find! It's much more noticeable when you watch K-ON S1. S2 not that much.

The lines there looked more stubbier than the likes of Nichijou, Hyouka and Chu2koi. Personally I disagree if anyone says they're not quite aiming to expand their output more. The way I see them they just handle things more delicately, trying to avoid rushing into things and choking the workforce.

It truly would be great though if Animation Do could work independently at the same time with the main studio. Then again if it's time it's time. No use trying to force themselves in something that could very much put their projects in jeopardy.

If that does happen, I can see one studio handling the high profile works while the other handles the new IP. Pretty much if everything goes well with their LN business then we can see one handling the cream of the crop of their own franchise.
Old 2012-11-03, 20:16   Link #1202
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Just did some research looking to see if there's any trends in announcements for KyoAni works. Of the 7 series that were broadcast in April the following year, we had the following months of announcement: August, October, December (2008), December (2007), December, May, November. (Haruhi (2006), Lucky Star, K-On!, Haruhi (2009), K-On!!, Nichijou, Hyouka). Obviously the Haruhi (2009) announcement is a huge outlier, so I'm discarding it. That gives us a good range of fall dates for announcements. August and October have already come and gone, so obviously we didn't get any announcement then. Hyouka was announced in late November and the two K-ON! series were announced at the very very end of December (ironically the 30th for both).

If trends follow, we have a Kadokawa show coming up (which traditionally have been the spring shows (Munto and Full Metal Panic being the outliers)). The only Kadokawa show that was aired in April and was announced after October was Hyouka; the others were announced prior to that (with Haruhi (2009) being an exception due to making the movie). I highly doubt we'll see another K-On! series since they've never done two TBS/Pony Canyon shows in a row, but if we reach December and there's not been an announcement, you could get your hopes up.

If you want to see the full breakdown (except for Fumoffu, my researching skills suffered trying to find its news), you can look at this spreadsheet. I just wanted to get a better view of when to expect an announcement.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-04, 11:32   Link #1203
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I highly doubt we'll see another K-On! series since they've never done two TBS/Pony Canyon shows in a row, but if we reach December and there's not been an announcement, you could get your hopes up.
Didn't K-On! immediately follow After Story? (Not that I'm expecting another K-On! series at this point regardless.)
Old 2012-11-04, 11:51   Link #1204
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Didn't K-On! immediately follow After Story? (Not that I'm expecting another K-On! series at this point regardless.)
January-April 2009 is a mess. After Story was finishing production, the Kadokawa-backed Munto was airing, and they were working on both K-On! and Haruhi (2009) all at the same time. I could also break it down and say that Haruhi (2009)/Kadokawa aired an hour prior to K-On!/TBS, so the trend still fits. (Yes, they premiered on the same day literally an hour and 20 minutes apart)

Old 2012-11-23, 20:09   Link #1205
Warm Mist

So, there's 10 episodes of Chuunibyou with staff included, and so far, there has been no Ishidate, no Nishiya, no Horiguchi, almost no Yamada and Ikeda(s).

Considering how little Yamada worked on Hyouka too, I expect their next series to be handled by her, unless they're promoting another director (Ishidate?). All those people above are major players at Kyoani and they've practically no participation in Chuunibyou, so they're probably working a considerable amount on the next Kyoani project.

If they're going with Kadokawa again, I don't know what's in the works, but Haruhi S3 is a possibility. If they're going to break the trend, the most obvious possibility would be Kyoukai no Kanata, which follows the objective of getting bigger as a LN company.

The lack of Ishidate and Nishiya gives me hope for a completely new series with a more serious tone + awesome designs. But that's too optimal. Just seeing Yamada direct something that is not K-On! would be enough for me.
Old 2012-11-26, 07:49   Link #1206
rulfo

No K-ON duo is really something. Then again a key players missing who'm I've thought were gonna be present here have surprisingly been MIA.

Ishidate being the director would be kinda interesting but then again he's the assistant director for Nichijou and that really looked good. It's a possibility that he's being promoted. Though I'd really like it if he were the Chief AD.

Anyway I'm really banking on Kyoukai no Kanata to be their next project. It seems more logical than people rumoring K-ON S3 or Haruhi S3. Also IIRC raito-kun did state that the trailer was probably done by Ishidate and Ueno. Assuming that's right then we could really see it happening.

On a side note though I also won't also be surprised if Animation DO handles the finale. Lately they've been taking major roles and have been surprisingly very good. I can also see this as a means to hone and prime Animation DO for further productions.
Old 2012-11-26, 08:21   Link #1207
Haikea

I'm really hoping that Kyouto Animation would do K-ON! Season 3. Maybe their staff thinks it is boring to do same animes because animes like Haruhi and K-ON! would sell to the end of the world. It is quite interesting they don't give too much power for safer income?
Old 2012-11-26, 08:42   Link #1208
stormtrooper

I'm sure Kyoto Animation would have to do with new titles. Why should they do K-On and Haruhi? I don't think they are desperate for money. Even if they decide to do the sequels, that doesn't mean it would be an instant hit would it? I'm sure KyoAni has plans for whatever their next project will be.

Kyoukai no Kanata would be more logical though than a sequel of Haruhi, K-On or even FMP for crying out loud.
Old 2012-11-26, 08:58   Link #1209
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Would they really do Haruhi S3 after Chuunibyou? I would imagine that Ishihara is too busy with Chuunibyou to direct another Haruhi and I can't imagine them switching directors at this point.
Old 2012-11-26, 09:45   Link #1210
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
I'm sure Kyoto Animation would have to do with new titles. Why should they do K-On and Haruhi? I don't think they are desperate for money. Even if they decide to do the sequels, that doesn't mean it would be an instant hit would it? I'm sure KyoAni has plans for whatever their next project will be.

Kyoukai no Kanata would be more logical though than a sequel of Haruhi, K-On or even FMP for crying out loud.
KyoAni's two most recent projects were both brand new titles - Hyouka and Chuunibyou. Their 3 most recent non-movie projects were all new titles - Nichijou, Hyouka, and Chuunibyou.

Geez, dude, don't you think they should at least do the occasional sequel to satisfy older Haruhi fans? Or do you think we should just be forgotten about and left out in the cold forever?

At least with K-On they've covered the high school years of the original four (Ritsu, Mio, Yui, and Mugi). With Haruhi, there's loads left to adapt.

And there's every reason to think that more Haruhi and/or K-On would be massive hits, certainly selling more than Nichijou did, and likely selling more than Hyouka did.

I certainly don't see where it would be "illogical" to do more Haruhi next.
Old 2012-11-26, 10:36   Link #1211
scineram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
KyoAni's two most recent projects were both brand new titles - Hyouka and Chuunibyou. Their 3 most recent non-movie projects were all new titles - Nichijou, Hyouka, and Chuunibyou.
This is anime fandom. We will not flinch just because of some facts.

Still, if there is no Suzumiya next year I will be massively disappointed. And pissed. When was the last time we didn't even know anything about their upcoming works? Are they still working on Chuu2 at all? How common is it for projects to be announced only 4 months ahead? Even if they only bring something in the summer, 7 months is still unusual.
Old 2012-11-26, 10:38   Link #1212
Kirarakim

I wouldn't hold my breath about more Haruhi, yeah I would like to see it too but I am not counting on it.
Old 2012-11-26, 12:04   Link #1213
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scineram View Post
This is anime fandom. We will not flinch just because of some facts.

Still, if there is no Suzumiya next year I will be massively disappointed. And pissed. When was the last time we didn't even know anything about their upcoming works? Are they still working on Chuu2 at all? How common is it for projects to be announced only 4 months ahead? Even if they only bring something in the summer, 7 months is still unusual.
KyoAni meticulously gives huge leeways in their schedule... Well usually, if you discount 2009.

From Chuunibyou thread:
Quote:
This was posted on October 27th as "chu" was being told what to look for when checking the key frames. In that post, "chu" mentions that they were checking the final cut, but as seen in this episode, that frame was not it
So they're probably done with the important stuff by now. Still Haruhi as the next project seems farfetched. Spring next year is a different story though.
Old 2012-11-26, 15:28   Link #1214
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they also have the option to animate the second book for Chuu2.
Old 2012-11-27, 11:21   Link #1215
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Since then, there's been some discussion about the resolution of KyoAni's latest works. Anibin's work has concluded that Nichijou, Hyouka, and Chuunibyou was being drawn at a higher resolution than K-On!!, but at the same time, it's not fully HD (1080p) except for things like OP/ED (and the K-On! movie).

Even with the different angles/zoom, it's easily apparent that the newer sheets are much bigger than the ones used in the late 2000s for KyoAni. Anibin says they're around 955/1080, so it's not quite full HD, but enough that it's much higher than 720p.
Lately the Haruhi series has been re-airing in HD on Kids Station (for the fourth re-airing of the year) and Anibin took the time to analyze both sets of episodes. Long story short; it's what we know: 2006-SD, 2009-~715p.

The interesting part comes in when Anibin took a look at the remastered OP for 2006. Anyone who has seen the OP/ED for the 2006 episodes can testify that KyoAni took the time to re-animate them for the BD-Box and future airings have used said footage. I found it interesting that Anibin's analysis of the re-mastered OP/ED shows them to be on par with Nichijou/Hyouka/Chuunibyou's main story parts. We can now say that it's probable Haruhi's OP/ED was the first 955 HD production from KyoAni. My feeling is that they used the opportunity to practice making something at this resolution prior to Nichijou's airing. Still an interesting fact IMO.

Old 2012-11-28, 06:49   Link #1216
brocko

I remember reading somewhere the K-ON director, Naoko Yamada mentioning that after the movie, there weren't anymore plans for more K-ON. She felt the movie was a good note to leave the series at.

On Haruhi
There's about 4 more short stories left to adapt with Haruhi.

- Snowy Mountain Syndrome
- Love at First Sight
- Where Did The Cat Go?
- The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
- 6 short stories if you include Haruhi Theatre I and II
- more if they do anime originals like Someday in the Rain

Main stories left include
- Intrigues
- Astonishment
- Disassociation

Although Astonishment and Disassociation apparently continue the same story arc and still hasn't even finished?
If true, then that's only 1 main story that they can adapt fully. If it wasn't for Endless Eight taking up eight episodes, who knows how many less stories would've remained.
I think they definitely have enough material for another 1 cour run and possibly a 2 cour run. But after that you're pretty much riding right up the novels behind and considering the pace that Tanigawa seems to be writing them at, I'm not quite sure that's a good place to be in.

EDIT:
Whelp, guess that's what I get for not reading the novels past Live Alive and basing everything off wiki lol Props for the enlightenment ultimatemegax

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2012-11-29 at 05:12.
Old 2012-11-28, 08:22   Link #1217
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
There's about 4 more short stories left to adapt with Haruhi.

- Snowy Mountain Syndrome
- Love at First Sight
- Where Did The Cat Go?
- The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
- 6 short stories if you include Haruhi Theatre I and II
- more if they do anime originals like Someday in the Rain
Incorrect, there are 8 short stories not including the Haruhi Theatre shorts:
-Snowy Mountain Syndrome
-Love at First Sight
-Where Did The Cat Go?
-The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
-Editor in Chief Straight Ahead!
-Wandering Shadow
-Rainy Day
-New short story to be released in May

Quote:
Main stories left include
- Intrigues
- Astonishment
- Disassociation

Although Astonishment and Disassociation apparently continue the same story arc and still hasn't even finished?
Incorrect. Surprise finished the story started in Disassociation in two novels (volumes 10/11).

Quote:
If true, then that's only 1 main story that they can adapt fully. If it wasn't for Endless Eight taking up eight episodes, who knows how many less stories would've remained.
I think they definitely have enough material for another 1 cour run and possibly a 2 cour run. But after that you're pretty much riding right up the novels behind and considering the pace that Tanigawa seems to be writing them at, I'm not quite sure that's a good place to be in.
Again, incorrect. The original plan was to make a second season with Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless Eight, The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya, and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (in 1, 1, 5, 7 episodes respectively to make 14). In later 2007, the producers decided to make Disappearance into a movie, and the stories afterwards rely on Disappearance to make sense, so the post December 24th stories could not be animated. It was not the fault of Endless Eight as people tend to claim; but a fault in the stories/movie decision. The amount of material is likely too much for a single 2-cour run as the volume 8 stories leave you with excess story for 28 episodes if you devote the second cour just to Disassociation/Surprise. No volume has had less than 5 episodes, but it appears Rampage could be the first (excluding the 7 loops for Endless Eight) if Snowy Mountain Syndrome gets 2 as everyone expects.

Here's how you could fit everything (barely) in two-cour minus a couple short stories:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Future Haruhi Stories
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-11-28, 11:01   Link #1218
rulfo

WELP

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This an original show right?

heavily trafficked site:

http://tamakomarket.com/

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-11-28 at 11:18.
Old 2012-11-28, 11:23   Link #1219
scineram

That is not what I wanted. Could still be good, but I am not expecting another Hyouka.
Old 2012-11-28, 11:30   Link #1220
rulfo

It's not what I expected as well. I'm thinking one of their LNs would be the next in line.

After this one could speculate Haruhi S3 incoming. It actually has a higher chance now with this filling in the gap.

Tags
studios