AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 20:35   Link #3481
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Currently Playing:
ONEPIECE Kaizoku Musou/Pirate Warriors. Trying to finish the trophy collection for this one seeing as "2" is in the works.

Currently waiting on:
Catherine. The JP version finally made it into "THE BEST" selection so I picked it up. It's got quite the VA cast.LD

Looking forward to:
-Fate/EXTRA CCC (PSP) (Feb 2013)
-Hatsune Miku Project Diva F (PS3) (Mar 2013)
-7th Dragon 2020-II (PSP) (Q1 2013)

...depending how things turn out for the holidays I might consider getting a PSVita...and/or a 3DS. So many games...
Old 2012-12-23, 21:23   Link #3482
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
They said I could be anything I wanted to be in DayZ.

So I became a fencing contractor.

Spoiler for Barricade Shenanigans:

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 04:57   Link #3483
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Replaying:

~Final Fantasy Type-0
~Converted Castlevnia Symphony of the Night

Arcade:

~Tekken 6

PS3:

~Tekken Tag 2
Old 2012-12-25, 21:12   Link #3484
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I got my Nintendo Wii U as a shared Christmas present with my sister and played a bit of New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, but I haven't touch other games yet.

Also, played a bit of Little Busters Converted Version on the Vita, still on May 15th though. :/
Old 2012-12-25, 22:58   Link #3485
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I read The Slab recently, so I'm now running through Gears of War currently. Got done with Gears of War last night, and am currently running through Gears of War 2, to be followed by Gears of War 3 and RAAM's Shadow after it.
Old 2012-12-28, 20:42   Link #3486
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Actually started playing some Tales of Graces f and I have to say, it's actually good unlike Symphonia 2. At least the main hero is actually strong and not so whiny. But still, I do find it strange that they start off in the childhood arc in the prologue before jumping 7 years later and have the actual story begin as I never played a Japanese RPG that does that before. Either way, I'm on the second chapter.

Also played some Nintendo Land... Beaten my sister at the Yoshi attraction.
Old 2012-12-28, 23:56   Link #3487
shinku no kage

Started playing Catherine(PS3)...though starting it at 3:00am alone in the dark probably wasn't a good idea.

I bought it only knowing that it was a "puzzle" game with a pretty damn gorgeous JP VA cast, didn't expect it to be...so...But still, it's quite interesting. Currently on Day 3. Though there was one important thing I forgot...I SUCK at puzzle games. I'm the type of person that relies on "instinct" so...not the best playing method for puzzle games.

Also picked up Final Fantasy IX for the 25th FF series anniversary sale on the JP PSN. I spent about an hour trying to decide between getting VII, VIII, and IX. I could've gone with VII but I put in SOOOOO much time on the original PS version that I still remember things quite vividly so I passed on it. VIII...was good but I found the "Draw" system to be a pain, not to mention junctioning 100 Death spells to your weapons took the fun out of things.

Then I remembered IX had quite a lot of sidequests and mini-games to do so. I also want to try for acquiring Excalibur II this time. If I remember correctly you had to reach the Lich area in the final dungeon by 13hrs play time.

Also playing the demo version of Conception (PSP). It's actually a pretty solid game. Guess you can't judge games by their title
Old 2012-12-29, 01:08   Link #3488
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
After so much DayZ, I've decided to fall back upon ArmAII itself and have been playing a lot of different missions both offline and online.

Currently I just started the Namalsk Crisis which is a STALKER inspired mod. I already know the island pretty well thanks to the DayZ version but the campaign still manages to get under my skin.

The combination of ArmA's unforgiving combat with Russian Army AI, numerous and fearless zombies to the dreaded Bloodsuckers makes for a very tense game.

I was quite proud before after relieving a Spetz Natz operator of his satchel charges I ambushed a two BTR convoy on the outskirts of Vorkuta before rushing back into the darkness of the forests and completing the mission.

But oh so many times I've just been shot out of no where by some sneaky Spetz Natz sniper... Playing the game with The JSRS sound mod makes the game a completely different beast.

Fire fights sound as unforgiving as they play out and the improved vehicle sounds really send that sense of dread down your spine as they approach.

Great stuff.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 05:40   Link #3489
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Currently playing Assassin's Creed III and Tekken Tag 2 on the PS3.

I haven't been playing my PS3 in a while until I got these games.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 12:04   Link #3490
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Played through The Walking Dead. Finished the game in two sittings, got sucked in..
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 20:15   Link #3491
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Forever playing Fifa....in between full time job, girlfriend, cat, anime & studies.
Old 2012-12-30, 20:51   Link #3492
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Just finished Hotline Miami. Only died 473 times.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 21:50   Link #3493
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Been playing games since there is nothing to watch at the moment.

Playstation 3
Tales of Graces f - I don't know what chapter I was on, but beating Richard (first battle) was pain in the butt. I kept dying at least three times and wasting a lot of life bottles to stay alive. It's all because I couldn't execute the Mystic Artes needed to deliver the final blow, but I managed it on the fourth try after realizing that you press the button in a middle of a combo. But yes, I'm at last 12+ hours into the game, no where close to finishing
Atelier Meruru - Not much going on here except more quests, development and making stuff. Given that Atelier Totori Plus is very similar in gameplay, I don't think I won't have much problems playing that, even though it's in Japanese and I have to translate all the text manually. Hey, it's good language practice.
Nintendo 3DS
Paper Mario Sticker Star: Finished the first chapter and now on the second. This game is pretty easy compared to previous Paper Mario games.
Old 2013-01-01, 00:10   Link #3494
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Starting up Fallout 3 again.
Old 2013-01-01, 00:38   Link #3495
Who

Got a whole bunch of Steam games downloading right now thanks to the sale.

Mark of the Ninja
Binding of Isaac
Orcs Must Die series
Dungeon Defenders
Legend of Grimrock
Deus Ex: HR
Portal

Going to be a busy New Years'
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 02:05   Link #3496
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Currently playing Persona 4 Golden (Vita).
It's been tough to be able to say anything other than that lately. Even after my first playthrough this game keeps calling me back . Definitely added some nice improvements to the original game. Feels like a more complete experience and definitely cements it as one of my favorite games period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Actually started playing some Tales of Graces f and I have to say, it's actually good unlike Symphonia 2. At least the main hero is actually strong and not so whiny. But still, I do find it strange that they start off in the childhood arc in the prologue before jumping 7 years later and have the actual story begin as I never played a Japanese RPG that does that before. Either way, I'm on the second chapter.

Also played some Nintendo Land... Beaten my sister at the Yoshi attraction.
Yeah, I thought Graces F wasn't bad overall. Certainly an interesting idea to start off that early and then time skip ahead into the main story. Let's you set things up in the past and not just have it be a flashback.
Old 2013-01-01, 11:12   Link #3497
Velsy

Just finishing a season in Fifa 13 as Plymouth Argyle and got premoted to Div 1.

Now I am fully hooked Dragon Dogma. Been having fun with it
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 01:34   Link #3498
shinku no kage

Still playing Catherine. FINALLY made it to Day 6. This game is difficult as it is amusing. I've never been much of a puzzle gamer but this game is forcing me to play so that I can see the story through to the end. And it'll give me plenty to do with the nine(?) endings it has.

Also started up disc 3 of Final Fantasy IX. It's been a few years since the last time I've played it and I forgot how good it was. I only remembered the gist of the main story when I started but as the story progressed I remembered more and more...my eyes got all teary when I got to the Black Mage Village. (T_T) I've been spending a good portion of my timed doing side quests and mini-games. Chocobo Treasure Hunting and the Mognet...I forgot how annoying the Moogles get after playing this game for a while kupo!.

...it was also frustrating how often the party members changed early on the game. Especially Quina, he...no, she? Whatever, (s)he leaves the party too often. But the characters in this game are so amusing so it's ok.
Old 2013-01-03, 02:44   Link #3499
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

NBA 2k13 and Guild Wars 2
Old 2013-01-03, 20:28   Link #3500
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Snagged Terraria, Tropico 4, and King's Bounty: Warriors of the North off the steam sales (I shoulda waited on Tropico 4 for a flash sale or something =/).

Currently playing:

King's Bounty - so fun! Tbh, it looks kind of a spin off (or rip off depending on how you see it xD) of HoMM (which was also a fun turn based game) but it's still pretty good. Could have been made a lot better, but for it's sale price it was worth it (I think I got it for 10 or 15). I'm not a major fan of turn based games, but once in a few years is good. Shoulda picked up HoMM VI while it was on sale, hopefully it'll pop up on the flash sales by the end of the 5th.

Aion - still playing retail, I should be hitting 50 tomorrow on my gladiator. Hoping to run a few Dark Poeta runs for some better gear.

Shogun 2 Total War - I do occasional battles here and there but it gets tiring just after one 45 minute epic battle. My most recent battle involved me defending against the siege of Kyoto with about 6000 gunpowder units (1 reinforcing army) while the opponent about 18000 units (2 reinforcing armies). Yes, 6000 + 18000 units on the map, was freaking epic. I expected to lose horribly but I actually won haha

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote