AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-04, 13:20   Link #1
ZeroKun

100 stories ep 8 plays slow

Anyone else have this problem? All of my other xvid videos run fine.
Old 2004-01-04, 15:37   Link #2
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Hmmm... for me, it crashes Media Player. Won't play at all.

I'm wondering if someone did an encoding boo-boo with this episode.
Old 2004-01-04, 15:57   Link #3
NekoNeko
Narfoo

Worked fine for me, using xvid 1.0 beta2 currently.
Xvid 1.0 beta3 is available from here, might help you.
http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml
Old 2004-01-04, 16:15   Link #4
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Looks like that did the trick, thanks.
Old 2004-01-04, 19:46   Link #5
ZeroKun

sigh....didnt help ;.;
Old 2004-01-05, 10:18   Link #6
Kismet
Inactive Member

Unhappy For me I have no video

I tryed playing that file and the video diddn't work. Audio is fine. I try the web site that someone suggested but it didn't come up.
Old 2004-01-05, 11:11   Link #7
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Did you try what was suggested above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNeko
Xvid 1.0 beta3 is available from here, might help you.
http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml
Old 2004-01-05, 13:13   Link #8
ZeroKun

i did, and its the same.
Old 2004-01-05, 15:23   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Try using Media Player Classic (XP release). It just might take care of this problem easily.

If you use Windows 9x/Me then download it from MPC 98/me release

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-05, 15:56   Link #10
Green²
It's bacon!

The lag problem for me seems to be related to deblocking within XVID. You'll need to turn them off for better performance.
Old 2004-01-05, 17:51   Link #11
ZeroKun

deblocking is already off and i do use MPC.
Old 2004-01-05, 19:44   Link #12
meingts

Hm. Make sure MPC's built-in AVI splitter is turned off. That turned out to be the cause of lag issues for me, anyway.
Old 2004-01-05, 20:34   Link #13
ZeroKun

tried it, didnt work. ARGH!
Old 2004-01-05, 20:36   Link #14
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I have probs with this particular ep too.... it doesn't even get to the part of playing anything.... If I just click on the file (not even double click to open the file), I get an error sayin somethin about Explorer having a problem (or something to that extent) and it has to terminate... basically it crashes... also if I try to open it from a player (bsplayer, mpc, etc...) I get the same problem....

I never had any problems with any previous releases from this group.... just this one episode........ anyone have any solutions?
Old 2004-01-05, 21:49   Link #15
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
I have probs with this particular ep too.... it doesn't even get to the part of playing anything.... If I just click on the file (not even double click to open the file), I get an error sayin somethin about Explorer having a problem (or something to that extent) and it has to terminate... basically it crashes... also if I try to open it from a player (bsplayer, mpc, etc...) I get the same problem....

I never had any problems with any previous releases from this group.... just this one episode........ anyone have any solutions?
Xvid 1.0 beta3 fixed that problem for me.
Old 2004-01-05, 22:21   Link #16
meingts

Hm...right about now I'm starting to wonder if there's a correlation between CPU speed/amount of RAM/CPU specs etc. and ability to play this release (assuming correct codecs and all that). I barely got by with a 733MHz CPU and 384MB RAM; there were a few places where the video would stop momentarily. I talked to somebody else who didn't have problems playing it...I think he had a 1.4GHz CPU with 512MB RAM. So.... =P

Prince of Chronics: Read the entire thread and make sure you're using the version of XviD mentioned. Also, I have no idea if this is relevant but if you're using thumbnail view for your folders, uh, I would switch to another view =P (actually I have no idea about Explorer crashing when you single-click on a file...just a guess)

ZeroKun: I'm not sure how well this suggestion will go over with people, but you could try reencoding it under VirtualDub. It might take 4 hours if you're willing to take the time. All you should need is VirtualDub (or VirtualDubMod) and XviD 1.0b3.

I'm not going to go into detail on how this is done; all I will say is, read the XviD guide over at doom9.org - in particular, read through step 3. You might also want to read through http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=3616 for more info. Things I'd watch out for: I would leave packed bitstream unchecked (this is because I prefer using ffdshow for playback, which I think stutters on packed bitstreams with 2 or more consecutive b-frames). Or you might even disable BVOPs altogether.

By the way if you decide to reencode, keep in mind you can't share your reencoded file on the existing torrent since it is after all a different file.

Anyway...if you're still having problems good luck getting it to play properly
Old 2004-01-06, 01:03   Link #17
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by meingts
Hm...right about now I'm starting to wonder if there's a correlation between CPU speed/amount of RAM/CPU specs etc. and ability to play this release (assuming correct codecs and all that). I barely got by with a 733MHz CPU and 384MB RAM; there were a few places where the video would stop momentarily. I talked to somebody else who didn't have problems playing it...I think he had a 1.4GHz CPU with 512MB RAM. So.... =P
Well, my p2 400 with 256 megs of ram plays the file about as well as any other xvid file using ffdshow, and is just barely choppy using the xvid decoder, so unless their machines are seriously underpowered, I doubt this is the issue.
Old 2004-01-06, 02:22   Link #18
ZeroKun

you only encode the stuff you decode
Old 2004-01-06, 11:37   Link #19
Kismet
Inactive Member

Still dosen't work!

I tryed the web site that was sugested (It doesn't come up for me.) and the player. But I still have no video. Are we sure the file is ok? Has anyone contacted the person who fansubed it?

jE
Old 2004-01-06, 13:44   Link #20
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet
I tryed the web site that was sugested (It doesn't come up for me.) and the player. But I still have no video. Are we sure the file is ok? Has anyone contacted the person who fansubed it?

jE
You need to read the Media Configuration Guide