AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2021-04-13, 11:27   Link #1
AnimeFan188

Live-Action Gundam Movie (Netflix)

Netflix is working on a live-action Gundam movie

"A live-action Gundam movie has been in the pipeline for several years, and it has
taken a giant step closer to a screen near you. Netflix has snagged the worldwide
rights to the film, except in China, where Legendary Pictures will release it in
theaters.

Legendary and Gundam owner Sunrise have tapped Jordan Vogt-Roberts (Kong:
Skull Island and The Kings of Summer) to produce and direct the movie. Brian K.
Vaughan (Y: The Last Man) will write the script and act as executive producer.

Beyond updates on the core creative team and the fact that it's coming to Netflix,
details about the live-action Gundam movie remain scant. No plot details have
been revealed (such as whether it will take place in Gundam's original Universal
Century timeline) and it's unclear when you'll be able to stream the film. There's
also the small matter of the Metal Gear Solid flick that Vogt-Roberts is working on.

This isn't exactly the first live-action Gundam movie. G-Saviour was a made-for-TV
film that had a theatrical release in Japan in 1999. It's a safe bet that the budget
will be a bit higher this time around."

See:

https://www.engadget.com/netflix-liv...180351219.html

AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 20:47   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, Jordan Robert's direction will at least give us good-looking gigantic fights like in Kong. And Brian Vaughan's writing will at least give us an interesting story.

And now with this being distributed by Netflix means we don't have to worry about the movie bombing in American theaters due to the Americans' lack of enthusiasm for movies featuring piloted giant humanoid robots.

Now the problems are whether the characters are great or not, and can the actors pull it off, and Netflix tendency to do terrible advertisement for their movies where people seem to pay no attention to them.
Old 2021-04-15, 17:04   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This should go in the Gundam subforum, shouldn't it?

I don't have much hope for this, but I'm curious if they're going for a brand new story inspired by Gundam (but which series?) or an actual adaptation.

And this is one series where they won't be accused of white-washing, since Gundam doesn't have that many asian characters. Well, once again it depends on the series.
Old 2021-04-15, 20:13   Link #4
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This should go in the Gundam subforum, shouldn't it?

I don't have much hope for this, but I'm curious if they're going for a brand new story inspired by Gundam (but which series?) or an actual adaptation.

And this is one series where they won't be accused of white-washing, since Gundam doesn't have that many asian characters. Well, once again it depends on the series.
I think last I checked it was set some distant point in the Universal Century timeline (or will probably be UC-derivative).

They had the screenwriter watch Narrative to see if they could catch all the references.