Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-05, 09:06   Link #101
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
And this is why more people should've watched Chu-Bra!!
Damn straight!

Comparisons with Chu-Bra!! will be inevitable, I guess, as one ended and another started around the same time. However, from what I can tell, B Gata H Kei is more accepted than Chu-Bra!!, even though both their source material are... out of the ordinary. But while Chu-Bra!! tries to educate the viewers (and gets criticized as being self-important), B Gata H Kei is unapologetic about the subject, and is in-your-face. Initial impressions are good so far, and I'll like to see how B Gata H Kei continues the plot subsequently without ending up having to deal with the backlash Chu-Bra!! got.

Also, do those look like a B Cup to y'all?!
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 09:31   Link #102
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

Oh yeah. This show promises to be alot of fun.

All she can think about is sex, but when it comes down to it she has absolutely no idea what she's doing. It seems like she's overcompensating for her lack of experience with extreme boldness and her ultimate goal shows how badly she wants to overcome that. I doubt she'll keep pushing for 100 if she ever manages to even land the first one, but I'm interested in seeing what direction they take with this. It's only 1 episode in and you never know...
Pixelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 10:19   Link #103
Reticia

Lol, very funny show
Old 2010-04-05, 10:33   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
It can be hard for well-endowed women, from what I've seen. They do indeed have heat rashes etc. underneath, back pain from the extra weight, and then there's the matter of gravity (I suppose you could say the bigger they are, the faster they sag).
If this girl ever does make it to a bed, then pregnancy would definitely be a risk, and a very good potential plot element. Even if she is "responsible". I've known people who had been devoutly committed to protection, extremely careful, and that didn't matter. Condoms, jellies, pills, none of them are 100%; those methods that are absolutely effective are tend to be too risky for official approval. It would be interesting to see a show that actually deals with the slim but real possibility for things to happen in spite of proper protection. Of course, I can see why people might not want to show such things, sort of like bringing attention to cases where medications don't work.
Of course, pregnancy is not likely to become an element of the story for a long while at least, since it looks a bit like it might take her a few decades to manage to get a guy. It's nice to see a pretty girl that awkward, and to see an average guy get some chance with her. Normally it's either a bishonen or a perv who ignores social rules who takes the girl, and the average-looking guy who's actually NICE is left alone.
Yeah somehow I can't see pregnancy becoming an issue in the series. Since honestly while Yamada has that extreme goal I doubt she will ever reach the first time within the series. Series looks more to building up her relationship with Kosuda, maybe looking at why she has such an extreme goal, and having some laughs along the way. Just seems like a far too serious subject to fit into a comedy show like this one. Besides considering how she ran at the end of the episode I doubt things will go too far physically between the two.

There are definitely some mixed signals being sent. Nice for Kosuda to list how things were looking earlier in the episode. It really was tough to figure out what she was thinking. Should be an interesting combination of him trying to understand her and misunderstanding signals like the flashing of her measurement card.

Should be fun to watch the clash of Yamada's theoretical goals and her difficulties in the practical. She freaks out over a lot of things that are unexpected and even those she thought to have understood in her head.
Old 2010-04-05, 13:23   Link #105
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
All i can say is what has the world come to
From what?
We had a breast sucking anime last season.
We had the verbal abuse anime over the last few years (Haruhi comes to mind).

So we have a horny girl anime this season

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 19:08   Link #106
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

This anime incredibly reminds me of this song. Someone make an AMV with this once we get a few more episodes. :3
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 19:19   Link #107
ReddyRedWolf

Considering this is Yukari Tamura playing I suddenly realized this is reverse Ranpha Franboise.

Instead of searching for that one guy to marry this character aims for a 100 sex friends.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 21:44   Link #108
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I LOLed at her forgeting the condom. This ambition of hers can get her pregnant if she is not careful.
Her forgetting condoms is possibly the reason she gets scred by the bulge in his pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
And this is why more people should've watched Chu-Bra!!
Exactly!
"All I always wanted to know about bras but never dared to ask, I learned from Chu-Bra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xia View Post
Hmm, like this?

Sorry, Im not really that good at making icons.
Thanks, that's nicely done already
Just one thing, could you add a pause of 10 seconds at the end before it starts over?

Anywayway, very funny series, definitely continuing this
From the preview:
Spoiler for ep.2 preview:
Old 2010-04-05, 22:24   Link #109
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just watched and it was hilarious. I laughed the whole way through. This should be a good series.
Old 2010-04-05, 23:17   Link #110
Seiryuu

Quote:
It brings to question how she ended up like that.

Yamada is lucky she found a nice guy as prospect. A bad one would've forced her even if she didn't want to.

The poor guy is getting mixed signals though.
Luckily, most of the bad ones even have to get to a certain point before they force themselves on a girl, and Yamada's so afraid of a guy being turned off by her virginity or whatever it is that looks so strange down there that she never lets guys get anywhere near that close.
I heard one review described this show as demeaning towards women. This I don't get. How is it demeaning to say that occasionally some girls, like some guys, become a little too curious and enthusiastic about sex, that such a girl's friends may be quite normal and tend to have mixed opinions on account of this, and that any level of looks or aggressiveness does not need to imply any level of experience or involvement? It's not saying that girls in general are pervs, or that the average girl has any real, serious goals concerning sexual experience; it's just saying that a person doesn't have to be a guy to be that far gone, and that initial ideals don't necessarily imply that a girl will turn out in a certain way. I mean, it seems a fairly general consensus, and one that's relatively supported by the first ep, that she's going to end up choosing the one over the many.
I do think that multiple partners or something similar will become a point of conflict later, once the girl's settled into the idea of going for Kosuda alone. Either she'll be tempted to experiment for any number of reasons (ranging from returning to her original goal to trying to "learn" a few things before trying them with Kosuda), or her original goal will come out, or someone will go after her. Any of these would easily upset whatever relationship develops.
One thing I noticed after watching this a couple times (comparing subs mostly): when she's in the library considering its possibilities just where is she putting her left hand?? Judging from how she looks when she wakes up...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 01:33   Link #111
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I heard one review described this show as demeaning towards women. This I don't get.
Anime is serious business. Onscreen people claim to want sex? HOW INSULTING.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 04:34   Link #112
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Anime is serious business. Onscreen people claim to want sex? HOW INSULTING.
Yeah, but wanna bet that if the show was about one guy wanting 100 girls to fuck, no one would care (at least, not as much and in the same way)? Double standards, anyone?
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 04:50   Link #113
burstingice

100 fock buddies? = = something interesting in a long time :/
burstingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 07:48   Link #114
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yeah, but wanna bet that if the show was about one guy wanting 100 girls to fuck, no one would care (at least, not as much and in the same way)? Double standards, anyone?
There always are and will always be double standards. If it's a girl looking for 100 sex friends, you'd call her a slut but if it was a guy, it'd be no big deal.

Luckily, Yamada is an immature, curious, and foolish teenager - so you can't play the slut card.
Old 2010-04-06, 07:49   Link #115
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Yeah, first flashing him, then pushing him away, it's hilarious how socially inept she is and yet she wants to have sex right off the bat XD
Yea, Yamada made for some great comedy in the episode was pretty entertaining, and I liked the OP, and unsure about the ED still. Was surprised that Noto, Mamiko[aka Kotomi] did Kosuda's sister's voice since she sounded so vastly different from any other roles I've seen her in. Also more characters by Yui Horie, or Tamura Yukari is good, and especially together xD.
Premise for this show is still absurd and hilarious though hope it keeps up from first episode.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 07:54   Link #116
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

And Yamada's voiced by FRIGGIN MEI OF ALL PEOPLE.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 08:33   Link #117
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Yukari Tamura aka Yukarin she also voiced Ranpha Franboise, Nanoha Takamachi, Ink Nijihara, Rin Randou, Ellis Valentine, Maimai, Mai Kawasumi, Tiriel, Zero (No not that Zero) etc....
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 09:13   Link #118
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Which means that;s it EPIC!

Although the opening or ending song would be a lot better had it been a duet with the former Yamato Nadeshiko members (Hocchan + Yukarin singing together)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 09:14   Link #119
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Yukari Tamura aka Yukarin she also voiced Ranpha Franboise, Nanoha Takamachi, Ink Nijihara, Rin Randou, Ellis Valentine, Maimai, Mai Kawasumi, Tiriel, Zero (No not that Zero) etc....
Rika-chama!
Old 2010-04-06, 11:17   Link #120
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Was surprised that Noto, Mamiko[aka Kotomi] did Kosuda's sister's voice since she sounded so vastly different from any other roles I've seen her in.
Wish they kept Ohara Sayaka for the role. You should see Mamio in Seitokai if this surprised you.

Also, still sad they changed Chihara Minori to Kobayashi Yu for brocon girl. I think Kadowaki Mai to Hanazawa Kana is a good thing, hmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Although the opening or ending song would be a lot better had it been a duet with the former Yamato Nadeshiko members (Hocchan + Yukarin singing together)
Except Hocchan can't sing. She's on constant autotune or something, or it was way up at her performance of Animelo 2009. Her Yahho!! on Music Japan wasn't bad then again she composed the song iirc, but her Vanilla Salt.... lol....

So, I've seen episode 01 about ten times now. I.... I think I need help. If there is Kugyuubi, I clearly have a case of a Yukarin variant.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen