AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 05:03   Link #36601
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
She's a 1000 years old anyway xD
Old 2012-06-11, 06:06   Link #36602
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
She's a 1000 years old anyway xD
Odin: With a mind of a kid that was forced to think like an adult? And completely a fish out of the temporal waters? It bound to have some culture shock, in one way and another....

Me: Yeah! I wont be surprised if she gawking at some things that don't exist in her time...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 06:27   Link #36603
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Numbers

SSX 1-15

SSX 16

SSX 17

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - SSX 18:
While the Chrono/Verossa conversation makes sense after a one-month timeskip, the Nanoha/Vivio/Ixpelia scene doesn't, specially Nanoha's last line (meaning: I believe Nanoha would tell that and the scene in general was good, but it should have happen way sooner)

There's mention of Ixpelia not able to produce more Mariages, but her (apparently lack of) need to sleep/coma for a few decades/centuries isn't mentioned. This ties also to the time-skip: how long in canon!SSX between Ixpelia's rescue and her going to sleep again?

Nice touch of making Ixpelia like sunrises, makes a lot of sense.

Now I'm picturing Ixpelia having a good time connecting with Reinforce, both being artifacts of older times and all of that.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 06:37   Link #36604
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
While the Chrono/Verossa conversation makes sense after a one-month timeskip, the Nanoha/Vivio/Ixpelia scene doesn't, specially Nanoha's last line (meaning: I believe Nanoha would tell that and the scene in general was good, but it should have happen way sooner)

There's mention of Ixpelia not able to produce more Mariages, but her (apparently lack of) need to sleep/coma for a few decades/centuries isn't mentioned. This ties also to the time-skip: how long in canon!SSX between Ixpelia's rescue and her going to sleep again?

Nice touch of making Ixpelia like sunrises, makes a lot of sense.

Now I'm picturing Ixpelia having a good time connecting with Reinforce. Both being artifacts of older times and all of that.
Actually, Ixpellia slept on and off for a month before saying goodbye to Subaru in canon.

As for Nanoha and Ixpellia, I've felt that it's more along the lines of "you never asked" for Ixpellia.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 06:50   Link #36605
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

(Is that what happened in canon? Then fine)

It isn't really about Ixpelia realizing Vivio's bloodline. I'm saying that Ixpelia would have done somthing that deserves Nanoha's "Oh, Ixy... You've got a lot to learn about life, don't you?" earlier than in a month. I feel that's the kind of line told in the first casual meeting, I imagine centuries old culture clashes are fast to notice.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 07:03   Link #36606
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
(Is that what happened in canon? Then fine)

It isn't really about Ixpelia realizing Vivio's bloodline. I'm saying that Ixpelia would have done somthing that deserves Nanoha's "Oh, Ixy... You've got a lot to learn about life, don't you?" earlier than in a month. I feel that's the kind of line told in the first casual meeting, I imagine centuries old culture clashes are fast to notice.
Hmm... You got a point on that.

Old 2012-06-11, 07:26   Link #36607
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Inquisitor View Post
Much noted...but then we are back to (almost) square one. Can we actually expect Nanoha to be able to put a dent in Eldar vehicles? (Probably a given yes with Blaster 3 active, but with anything below...?)

Anyways, two questions that is strictly more related...
That's something you'll have to work out yourself. Tsuzuki is regrettably lacking in official figures for yields.

Quote:
(1) What would be a good estimation for the military strength of Mid-Childa (on planet) at a time of peace when an attack is not expected? I'm aware there is at least 386 Battalions (re. the one where Subaru/Teana served before RF6), but then that seems a tad disproportionate for planet size strength....
How big are you setting Mid-Childa's population at? 386 battalions can be anywhere from one to five hundred thousand troopers roughly, but that's actually not that many. Even medieval societies could expect around 1% of their population to be military, to say nothing of modern or future societies where the logistics situation is much better. If we use a conservative estimate of two billion, that's already 20 million under arms, way way more.

Unless you meant disproportionate as in severely understrength.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 09:36   Link #36608
Insane Inquisitor

Well, now that it is mentioned - I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to set the population standard. I'll have to look into it and utilise the 1% mark instead.

Also, if Mid Childa has just re-emerged from a devastating war comparatively recently, can we actually expect there to be a good population base left? Particularly concerning the fact that a good chunk of the (military) population must have died for The Saint's Cradle to be forgotten...(I assume it was "lost in bureaucracy" after the St. King Reunification Wars).

For reference, the invasion is going to happen 6 or 7 years after StrikerS, replacing Force (although the Eclipse virus/mechanism will be used).

On an unrelated note; is 200 floors a good estimation for the height of the Ground Forces HQ (the massive tower in Cranagan?). No need for exact measurement, just the number of floors...

Lastly...are Barrier Jackets an inherent part of magic? As in, if a mage with a Barrier Jacket walks into an AMF field will the Barrier Jacket be disabled if the field was powerful enough?

Let's see...Yep, still a Hayate fan boy no matter what happens in Force.

Last edited by Insane Inquisitor; 2012-06-11 at 10:09. Reason: Additional questions :P, removed unrelated contents
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 20:59   Link #36609
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

You have to remember that it wasn't that recent, there have been decades to rebuild and have babies, for those babies to grow up and become useful adults.

How "devastating" was the damage to Mid-Childa? It's not made very clear. Even if the population is only an absurdly low hundreds of millions, that still leaves you with millions under arms.

I don't think AMFs disable BJs, since they didn't automatically disappear in the Cradle.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 21:36   Link #36610
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Another update from me, weee! The plot thickens, and there is the first subtle hint connection to G-squad. Maybe two hints...

MGLN: Through a Mirror, Darkly

Chapter 2: Nightfall

Chapter 1 can be found here.

Spoiler for MGLN: Through a Mirror, Darkly, Chapter 2: Nightfall:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 22:04   Link #36611
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Approaching the end...
Spoiler for Left alone, abandoned by love Chapter 8:
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:36   Link #36612
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

I'm curious, did Nanya make double or even triple posts when he/she was uploading 2-3 chapters a day?
Or were there so many active people back then that there were other posts between his/her rapid updates?

Spoiler for Left alone, abandoned by love Epilogue (finally!):
Old 2012-06-12, 21:01   Link #36613
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

double and triple updates?

Yeah, I did that.

When I was at my peak, it was uncommon to see a day go by without at least one update, most days it was 2, some days 3.

I know that I was urged on some days to get as many as four updates done in one day.

I think, one time when the FFT was down, I went all the way to five in one day.

The uncommon day was Saturday. Urgh, hated that day. *Shudders at the memories of dishes on Saturday while working at a Bar and Grill at the mall*

Old 2012-06-12, 21:01   Link #36614
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Uploaded Chapter 2: Nightfall of MGLN: Through a Mirror, Darkly to ff.net.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 23:53   Link #36615
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Lastly...are Barrier Jackets an inherent part of magic? As in, if a mage with a Barrier Jacket walks into an AMF field will the Barrier Jacket be disabled if the field was powerful enough?
If that happened, Nanoha and the others will be naked.
Old 2012-06-12, 23:59   Link #36616
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or whatever they were wearing before they activated their Barrier Jacket.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:15   Link #36617
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So far, materials formed by magic (barried jackets, devices, attacks like Vita's Schwalbe Fliegen, etc) have always been unnafected by AMF. The magic empowering them to slice through whatever may dissapear, but the materials themselves have always remained in place.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 12:05   Link #36618
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Futher evidence is the fact Laevatein didn't dissapear after got wrecked by Cypha (so much of the "it's made of magic" theory xDU), Sgnum also got nearly Quadrasected and her destroyed clothes didn't dissapeared as well. So i guess what Keroko said holds some truth.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 21:42   Link #36619
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

@Nanya
*Sees "five in one day"*

Spoiler for Author's notes:

Direct link to fanfiction.net's
Old 2012-06-13, 23:56   Link #36620
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Greetings and salutations, denizens of Animesuki. I have come to you this day bearing news from on high! Status updates of tales long awaited~!

I could continue hamming... But I shall, as they say, get on with it.

Sword and Shields chapter 6 is completed, and has been for a little while now. Kuroi Hadou has given me permission to blame him for the ongoing delay as he is the esteemed beta of the story. When he has finished, then you shall be gifted the chapter.

Medieval Belka is undergoing yet another revision. In fact, one of the reasons other things have been going so slowly is due to the absolutely insane amount of world building and plot development going on. Kuroi and I have been working practically non-stop for the past... I don't know, five to six months trying to make everything fit together. Family trees have been written and rewritten. Plotlines scrapped, redone, retooled, even reversed and stood on their heads.

We've finally managed to get to a point where we can start looking at chapters being written for posting. So look forward to those in the future. =3

This has been a message from your friendly neighborhood Old Iron, telling yo-*shot*

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha