AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-01-25, 16:44   Link #21
Rurik
Golden

I Wear always a watch unless I’m at home.

Watches has become more of a Jewelry accessory (more specific for males) than a time telling machine. Heck, I hardly do look for time on my watch. That’s why people Pays good amount of Money for a Rolex, Movado, etc, because is use an accessory to compliment how they are dressed (just like women wear Necklaces)

If your job is meeting with people that are owners or presidents of big corporate Companies, then you are going to meet them dress in a good Tux, and that Tux without a watch will look plain.
Old 2007-01-25, 16:47   Link #22
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I personally dislike the digital watches... I wear a mechanical watch, for partly the reason that Rurik has indicated (mine's a 50 years old Omega, a momento from my late grandfather). Another would be that... for some reason, it really grew on me.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:01   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senovit View Post
wait a few years and those ipods and cell phones will become watches x_x
LOL this made me giggle! i can soo see that happening
as for me wearing a watch...i either wear it all day long or take it off and forget about putting in of until a few week later when i think "where the heck is a watch when you need one"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 21:59   Link #24
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
I have been wearing a watch 24 hours a day 365 days a year since I was about 5. Its pretty much a part of me, if I take it off I feel naked . The thing is, they don't seem to have changed much. Ooooo INDIGLO!! OMFG!! I can read time in the dark! Seriously, why do cell phones and ipods get smaller and more advanced and cool, yet watches stay in technological limbo? Can't they make a watch with an lcd screen, with a gig of space or something. Upload some pics or music on it. Im not begging for something too fancy, but from what I have seen, they still look like relics from the 80's and 90's. It would be possible to make something like that right? Anyone else fans of watches?

Maybe because normal people like me, do not want to recharge their watches every (2) day(s). Despite that I use it for aesthetical reasons (though I somehow managed to scratch the saphire glass of my watch which looks rather unaesthetical now)
Old 2007-01-26, 20:20   Link #25
TronDD
Team the box!

I never got used to wrist watches. Always annoyed me. In junior high I went on a ski trip and my watch battery died on the way. Bought a pocket watch at a gift shop there and have carried on ever since.

Love 'em. Carry a mechanical one now with a glass face so you can see the gears and stuff moving. Some day I'll save up the money and buy and old minute repeater. Those are the ultimate in pocket watches.

The only thing that bugs me is the only pants that have a pocket watch pocket are jeans and suit vests have bogus fake pockets on them so you can't wear a watch.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 20:56   Link #26
ShinNoNoir
Nothing to see, move it.

There's 3 things i can't leave home without: keys, wallet, watch.
Since i was in school, i've always had one.. the society we live in dictates that we must never be late etc.. so it's a part of me now.

I've seen some of the new watches on the market, i'm not too fond of them. I recently bought myself another "Swatch" watch and i'm quite satisfied, time-day-date is a good thing in my case since half the time, i don't know what day it is unless it's the weekend.
ShinNoNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 21:13   Link #27
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I'm more into looking at my watch than my cellphone for time. Why? I'm bassically lazy and don't want to take out my cellphone from my pocket. You can easily look at the time around your wrist.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 21:28   Link #28
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Ever since I got a cell phone that had a clock on it I've stopped wearing watches. I only need one device on me that can tell the time.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 00:47   Link #29
Neohybrid_kai
Ikemasen, ojou-sama!

Send a message via Yahoo to Neohybrid_kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinNoNoir View Post
There's 3 things i can't leave home without: keys, wallet, watch.
for me, its keys, wallet and cellphones. Watches sucks when you see them from the tech stuff and etc, but pocket watches still rocks, especially those like Shinku's, with all those gears and chains ^^
Old 2007-02-03, 04:26   Link #30
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
I have been wearing a watch 24 hours a day 365 days a year since I was about 5. Its pretty much a part of me, if I take it off I feel naked . The thing is, they don't seem to have changed much. Ooooo INDIGLO!! OMFG!! I can read time in the dark! Seriously, why do cell phones and ipods get smaller and more advanced and cool, yet watches stay in technological limbo? Can't they make a watch with an lcd screen, with a gig of space or something. Upload some pics or music on it. Im not begging for something too fancy, but from what I have seen, they still look like relics from the 80's and 90's. It would be possible to make something like that right? Anyone else fans of watches?
*shrugs* The watch I'll probably end up getting before too much longer has GPS, barometer, thermometer, three alarms...oh yeah, and it tells time (good thing I'm not paying for it). There are watches with cameras in them...watches that have text messaging...watches that I'm fair certain have military grade lasers in them...

...all I really want in a watch is the ability to look at the face and see the time...

And don't knock indiglo...I use that shit as a flashlight and it works awesome!
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 11:46   Link #31
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
What I really want is a bigger variety of pretty digital watches! I hate hand clocks, but most of the digital watches are huge and clunky and ugly and don't fit on my small wrists anyway. T_T It took me ages to find a digital watch that actually looks formal and pretty and I hope it lasts a long time, because I don't know where I'll find another. It doesn't seem like it should be so hard to make a digital watch pretty and feminine.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 16:53   Link #32
Loniat
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama View Post
What I really want is a bigger variety of pretty digital watches! I hate hand clocks, but most of the digital watches are huge and clunky and ugly and don't fit on my small wrists anyway. T_T It took me ages to find a digital watch that actually looks formal and pretty and I hope it lasts a long time, because I don't know where I'll find another. It doesn't seem like it should be so hard to make a digital watch pretty and feminine.
My girlfriend said the same. She was looking for a digital watch, with basic functions and especially a good alarm. She gave up after a lot of search thru stuff such as Ironman, cheap Chinese and whatnot.
Well, her loss is my gain...Valentines is coming
Loniat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 03:43   Link #33
kiyonepbs

It would be pretty awesome to have lasers shoot out of your watch.
kiyonepbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 08:01   Link #34
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I do have a watch, but as far as wearing it goes - more often than not you will see me without it. The reason ? Once i take it off in the evening, chances are i will forget to put it back on in the morning. As i am typing this i do not even know where the damn thing is Give me about 5 minutes and i might be able to find it somewhere around the house.... provided that my cat has not been taking interest in it and dragged it under my bed. (Which actually happened once... the thing was lost for a week).

I guess keeping the watch is more like force of habit than anything else for me. (my parents got me a nice, mechanical watch on my 14th birthday, and i am using it up until now). Other than that - my cell phone does the trick. (Provided the battery is not low, which happens to be the case more often than not). Not like it matters much - most of the time i do not really care what time it is ... heck, sometimes i am not even sure what day it is

As for watches not being "upgraded" - the purpose of the thing is to tell time, and that's what it does... not many ways to improve that. Then again - i find all the functions of new cell phone models utterly useless for my needs.
Old 2007-02-06, 02:58   Link #35
Charcol
immersed in music

Send a message via MSN to Charcol Send a message via Yahoo to Charcol
I don't think I could live without my watch. I have been wearing it 24/7 since I was however old except in the shower or swimming. Actually, I have a rather scary white, watch-shaped mark around my wrist. Also, I prefer mechanical over digital simply because it gives me a better sense of time.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to be able to download background, perhaps have them change each day of the week, but I don't see it happening since the first prototype would probably be big and clunky (could you see a usb port on your watch? Unless they use bluetooth or something, but then you'd need more controls.)
Even if they did have the technology, I don't think it would take off. To me, the beauty of the watch is it's apparent simplicity and unless I need to know the time, forget it's there.

Then again, I have a soft spot for any timepieces
Charcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 01:37   Link #36
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Casio digital watches ftw. I've had a Casio watch since I was like 10 and even though I've tried other watches at some points, I always go back to a digital one. My first Casio one lasted for years. Now I have a different Casio watch and it works great. I don't really use cellphones to tell time except sometimes, and until technology changes, I'll probably keep using a (digital) watch to tell the time.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 15:12   Link #37
EvilTomte
Berserker

Send a message via MSN to EvilTomte
There's still good watches out there. Digital ftw, with timer etc for running. A watch is still superior to a cell phone in many ways imo.
It would be nice to get my hands on a watch that's able to measure heart rate... That would be nice, anyone know of any watch that can pull that off? Would love to have one when I'm working out.

Never mind, google ftw Found some good ones already

Last edited by EvilTomte; 2007-02-09 at 15:23.
EvilTomte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 16:50   Link #38
Rare
Verses

I wear a watch everyday, it's a habitual thing and to be honest I hate having to reach into my pocket for a phone to tell the time.

This is a pretty cool watch which I'd love to have, gimmicky as it is

http://www.tokyomango.com/tokyo_mang...t_timetel.html
Rare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 18:46   Link #39
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senovit View Post
wait a few years and those ipods and cell phones will become watches x_x
Cool! Then I will finally be able to do my Knight Rider imitation when calling someone! LOL
Old 2007-02-09, 20:03   Link #40
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
why do cell phones and ipods get smaller and more advanced and cool, yet watches stay in technological limbo? Can't they make a watch with an lcd screen, with a gig of space or something.
Well you could wear this fashionable item:

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote