AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 05:40   Link #37181
Eratas123

Spoiler:

Tell me if it's okay, then I'll post part two.
Old 2012-09-27, 06:00   Link #37182
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: When you see how badly people nerf their creations, my stuff would look like a slap on the wrist in comparison. But yeah, it is that bad
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 06:44   Link #37183
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
So it jumped even further (I guess the underground metropolis) nothing wrong I can spot.

@ Demi
Nah, Sturgeon dictates 90% of fan-made machine are overpowered, just like 90% of male pilots. That includes mine.

But still I think about balance being more important.
Old 2012-09-27, 07:07   Link #37184
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's funny that the schroedinger vision Chifuyu gets can be used for humor when it's actually a sign of her imminent demise. IE. Seeing one continuum where she and Ichika are... uh... you know...
Old 2012-09-27, 07:15   Link #37185
Eratas123

What do you mean jumped even further?
Old 2012-09-27, 08:28   Link #37186
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for Proto Schwarz:

Initial draft of Clarissa's IS in cake eater.
Old 2012-09-27, 09:17   Link #37187
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler:

Yeah, 'it' was Ichika, that same Ichika we love and hate...

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-09-27 at 21:01.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 09:36   Link #37188
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not quite sure what's happening, but it looks awesome haha
Old 2012-09-27, 09:49   Link #37189
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

To address the point: a couple of rookie Erusea pilots is doing a patrol-training exercise with very crappy training plane, then Ichika flew straight past the area and they began to pursue him. Ichika is all but alone, having ALL of his comrade shot down shortly before.

Ichika has a better unit and weaponry and the captain of Erusean group (Chelsea) told them to retreat after one of them was taken out by him, decided to handle Ichika by herself. This is not the most logical decision but she prefer to be safe than sorry.

Ichika took the chance to run away after a series of dogfighting and she returned to base as ordered. After this, Ichika got stranded with Maya's flight team, comprised of Houki and Ran.
Old 2012-09-27, 09:56   Link #37190
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What would be a good mod for Maya's Rafael? Is she really sniper type?
Old 2012-09-27, 09:59   Link #37191
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maya is all around gunfighter, like Charlotte.

BTW, what are you smoking when writing proto Schwarzer's equipment? Logically, it would be the size of an MBT and weighed AT LEAST several tons!
Old 2012-09-27, 10:08   Link #37192
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Duelist or more standard soldier?

High on music I guess? Complication by Rookiez is punkd

I wanted something that was like Schwarzer Regen, more powerful but reasonably much less effective. I thought back to what little combat data I had on Schwarzer Regen and realized what I wanted was a unit that could take more hits, deal a massive amount of damage at any range, fast but can't make any form of tight turns without crashing.

The vierling auto cannons are basically a single system spread across the shoulders with 2 on each shoulder. The missiles are more like rocket propelled cherry bombs. The really big lugging things are the 100mm cannons.
Old 2012-09-27, 10:16   Link #37193
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Standard, and could engage multiple enemies too.

Just to give some enlightenment of size, well. Imagine this guy is an I.S., and that as your 100mm cannon

And that's, by the way, is real life 30mm Autocannon. There's a good reason Laura's weapon is listed as 80 caliber (~20 mm) and not 80mm... good luck not toppling yourself if you use frame of standard size.

Of course, you can always go for rule of cool and ignore this post, I never obey anything I didn't like either
Old 2012-09-27, 10:22   Link #37194
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When you say that I can only imagine her with only a weapon of one type on each hand. Unlike Charlotte who uses her guns in pairs, I can see Maya as more of a primary in the dominant hand and side arm on the other.

Looks just about how I envisioned it. The butt of the cannon is a tad bit too small, maybe way too small. And then the actual handle is more mid way. The rear end of the cannon mainly focuses on a recoil dispersion system. The 100mm's aren't normally used for mid to short range combat. That's why they are normally kept in equalizer ports.

EDIT: Cannon whipping is also a viable option. Though easily dodged.

EXTRA EDIT: Hmm then the vierlings have to be redesigned then. A smaller load wouldn't be too bad since there's four of them firing. 18 maybe? Hmm...

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-09-27 at 10:32.
Old 2012-09-27, 10:38   Link #37195
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope, she also dual wield SMG when the situation calls for it, but in case of rifle and grenade launcher, she use both hands.

Up to you then I have less-egregious weapon, though the concept is mostly the same as yours, it's a deployable ultra-high velocity sub-orbital gauss rifle. The I.S. equivalent of anti-materiel rifle, inciting YGBSM reaction from any other sniper/marksman since the wielder is the smallest I.S. in existence. Of course, being deployed means it's totally stationary... and it's semiautomatic
Old 2012-09-27, 10:44   Link #37196
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well, I'm packing it in for the night. I'll sleep on the information I just got and see what I can churn out. Can't believe my IRL stuff is really keeping me from writing fics.
Old 2012-09-28, 02:32   Link #37197
DarkJak2050

Now you know how it's like.

For me, this next chapter that I'm almost done with might be the last one for a while. And how the chapter will end is practically a bad time for the story as a whole to stop for a long period of time.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 05:57   Link #37198
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How big would Proto Schwarzer be if I said it was probably 20-50% bigger than Schwarzer Regen?
Old 2012-09-28, 21:08   Link #37199
DarkJak2050

Got another fanfic.

French Charge
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 22:11   Link #37200
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Maybe I should just reduce the vierlings to 20mm...

Spoiler for Maya's Rafael Custom:

In cake eater, I wanted to make Maya a badass... just really really adorable. She doesn't act well under pressure but her skills are for real. She'd get a nickname and a near unbelievable reputation. "Bullet Fairy" would be the nickname. Her reputation would be one of the top shooters in her generation, as she's very conservative with her shots but still reaches a rough 83% not including shots blocked by her opponents.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-09-29 at 02:05.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest