AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 14:36   Link #2881
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, Messi is unplayable. the first goal was the result of combined suckiness from Diaby and Silvestre. Diaby should have passed it to Walcott to make it 2-0. but no, he sucks. then Silvestre was like, "oh, i suck. i won't clear this ball" and it was 1-1. we don't have an impact sub this time either. fuck.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 15:39   Link #2882
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, there's no stopping Messi when he's in form like that. we should have started our defense like we ended. now, focus on the league i guess.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-06, 19:26   Link #2883
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
now, focus on the league i guess.
The league is probably out of reach now unless United or Chelsea stumble down the line.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 23:15   Link #2884
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Nice! Messi shows us once again why he is the best player in the world.

Now onto the Santiago Bernabeu to take on Madrid.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 23:34   Link #2885
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well .. I cant really say that an embarassing defeat to be honest.. I'm proud of this team, and given our current crisis, we play to our best and simply lost to a better footballing team. Or a better footballer.

Still, theres a lot of positive taken from the game ..Cheers for 180+ of entertaining minutes .. Now go win it Good luck and kick some ass next week .. we gonna do the same with our mortal enemy, who never seems to learn their place.. Maybe we could celebrate St. Toteringham's day too
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 23:35   Link #2886
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Oh my Silvestre with another assist in CL, last time it was for O'shea and this time for Messi. Clearly the man is a big game player .
Old 2010-04-06, 23:39   Link #2887
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Like him? I'm sure he had a buy back clause in his contract back then he could be a back up to your Vidic and Rio
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-07, 13:19   Link #2888
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

It was men against boys. Arsenal are years away from being serious competitiors on the big stage
But to be fair, they were missing like 6 1st team players like Van Persie, Gallas, Song, Fabregas etc.

Man utd have it all to play for. Just 1 goal needed, thats easily doable by us. I know we can conquer Bayern. Although if we did make it to the final, i'd much rather it be Inter, because i do not fancy our chances against Barca. Our midfield is just not up to scratch. We really need a quality creative midifield influence who can also score goals.. and another goal scorer up top.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:14   Link #2889
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

arsenal doesn't have the excuse of being boys any more. the same team has been competing for 4 years now. its injuries and poor depth that got to us this year.

and speaking of which, United suck. haha. self destruct much? first time in ages the semis don't have an english team.

Old 2010-04-07, 19:28   Link #2890
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

that what you get if you set already booked player marking Ribery lol
True Rafael make ribery like a dead fish in the 1st half, but the young boy get cocky and forgot he facing no. 3 inside forward on the game rite now.

Now i'm curious which one better ?
Robbery or Messinator.
Old 2010-04-07, 21:19   Link #2891
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Rafael's red card wasn't the reason United lost the tie. Yes, it did have an influence on the game, but you just can't leave Robben unmarked like they did, it's just criminal.

The Champions League final is shaping up to be a Barcelona v Bayern although I'd like to see Jose's Inter crash the party; simply because they can.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:53   Link #2892
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath View Post
The Champions League final is shaping up to be a Barcelona v Bayern although I'd like to see Jose's Inter crash the party; simply because they can.
So true, the only one who can beat Barca is inter, if Barca get through inter is almost certain they get the title IMHO

The two other contender Muenchen and Lyon, not have strong backline as inter have.

And inter psychical philosophy sure can make difference, and Inter have Javier Zanetti the only player whose i only can think can s top messi at his top form.

this comment come from AC Milan fans
Old 2010-04-07, 22:09   Link #2893
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

That is all.
Quote:
arsenal doesn't have the excuse of being boys any more. the same team has been competing for 4 years now. its injuries and poor depth that got to us this year.

and speaking of which, United suck. haha. self destruct much? first time in ages the semis don't have an english team.
meh, at least United won a trophy.
Old 2010-04-07, 23:30   Link #2894
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I begged your pardon?

How many team actually have 6th choice CB? And as weak as Silvestre is.. I bet you he can slot in a few low EPL team as 1st choice CB in those team .

Try applying the same injury crisis on any of the other 3 big teams and I doubt you can name an equivalent depth past 3rd choice!

I'm not trying to give excuse or whatever, but saying Arsenal team have no depth are poor parroting of the media.. No basis at all.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-08, 04:31   Link #2895
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I'm not trying to give excuse or whatever, but saying Arsenal team have no depth are poor parroting of the media.. No basis at all.
I'm pretty sure the poor depth of the squad cost your side the game against us. Remember we had injuries and suspensions too, but were able to field a decent team regardless. If you're saying Arsenal had no squad issues, then I applaud you for your one-eyed fanaticism, but that blinds you to the reality.
Old 2010-04-08, 05:28   Link #2896
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Did you actually read my post then? We are down to our 6th choice CB.. After Pique and Puyol.. You have Marquez and Milito .. then, can you be equally comfortable if all those 4 out as well?

Squad usually consist of 25 players .. if you removed 3 slots for the GK .. you get 22 players .. thats 2 players per positions .. We have 6 players for 2 CB spots.. How many more should we have? 10?

The media keep spouting the same nonsensical over and over again that you guys taking them as the truth.. I'm blind? No.. you guys are.

I can name our 1st 11 equals to your first 11 .. I can even name our 2nd team, and you could probably matched them out .. and I could go on naming our 3rd team lineup and you can still recognized some of them.. but can you still field on your 3rd team recognizable names on it? We are hit hard .. very hard by injuries this season .. no thanks to all those teams that proudly brag on the media and says we dont like it on our face .. leading to our players Diaby, Dudu and now Ramsey all with broken legs within the last 4 years.. But still we are up top... fighting for the titles.. Pool lost 2 main players back then and Rafa screams MAJOR INJURY CRISIS(?!) and where are they now? Where are the squad depth question I keep hearing aimed at us? Why isnt anyone pointing at them and asked the same question? Shrek out for 3 weeks and ol' red nose fuming? Guessed what .. we've playing without RvP since November !!! No squad depth question to them,eh? figures...
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2010-04-08 at 05:46.
Old 2010-04-08, 06:34   Link #2897
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I had a long rebuttal written up but it's now lost in the interwebz somewhere, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about Arsenal's squad depth or lack thereof.
Old 2010-04-08, 10:18   Link #2898
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, we have a number of players who can stand in, but the quality of those players is very subpar. last weekend, for example, we fielded basically half our first team, and they couldn't even score until we subbed in 3 normal first team players.

do we have a stand in of equal/near equal quality for:
Cesc - yes
RVP - no
Arshavin - maybe
Gallas/Vermaelen - for one, not both
Song - no
Sagna - yes
Clichy - no

that's basically the core of our team. we don't have the depth to adequately cover for all of them if they're injured. depth would be like Chelski, where they can have internationals on their bench.

Old 2010-04-08, 11:16   Link #2899
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:

Talk rubbish much? Man Utd were all over Bayern. That Red card made things very hard for us in the end. Man Utd > Bayern. Simple as that. Franck Ribery, the guy Bayern thinks is worth as much as Kaka or Ronaldo, got shut down by an 19 year old rookie RB.

Barca or Inter will win this.

But in some brighter news for Man Utd fans.
Man Utd have signed young mexican striker Javier Hernandez from Mexican side Chivas de Guadalajara. He has scored 21 in 28. 4 in 4 for the Mexican national side.
This is of course, subject to a work permit, but i'm sure we'll egt that. As part of the deal, Man Utd have to play Chivas de Guadalajara in christening their brand new sexy 40,000 seater stadium in the pre-season.

He looks to be a very exciting talent. He'll be on display at the World Cup, so I can't wait to see him go.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 11:33   Link #2900
yoropa
Director

I suddenly can no longer find the soccer channel! The only thing I can find is the football channel in Spanish, which, granted, is great solely because they get so into it and scream "GOAL" for 15 seconds without a breath (though I can beat them, I've done 30 before), but I'd like to be able to watch the games in English.

If any of you have Verizon, could you tell me what channel you can watch football on?
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer