AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-07-16, 17:39   Link #821
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Has the very first riddle been answered yet?
Nope still going.
Old 2011-07-19, 11:22   Link #822
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

So...anyone going to tell us whether or not our guesses were right? I don't mean to rush, but it has been a couple of days, and I'd appreciate at least another chance to guess before the riddle ends.
Old 2011-07-19, 11:27   Link #823
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I do wonder who made this riddle
Old 2011-07-19, 15:36   Link #824
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
So...anyone going to tell us whether or not our guesses were right? I don't mean to rush, but it has been a couple of days, and I'd appreciate at least another chance to guess before the riddle ends.
Oh yeah, it has been a few days. I just assumed we were all wrong since neither Nightwish or Kairin (or whoever wrote the riddle) replied. Hint, please!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 16:01   Link #825
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Oh yeah, it has been a few days. I just assumed we were all wrong since neither Nightwish or Kairin (or whoever wrote the riddle) replied. Hint, please!
Well NW is probably busy and Kairin only posts in the Riddle thread, so I was kind of hoping that the riddle author wasn't occupied as well and would reply to our guesses, because getting a definite "no" is a lot more clear than no replies... And I think it's only been 4-5 days, and the hint is posted after 7...
Old 2011-07-20, 00:55   Link #826
oncelot

Perhaps?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=27943&page=17
oncelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 03:23   Link #827
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Well NW is probably busy and Kairin only posts in the Riddle thread, so I was kind of hoping that the riddle author wasn't occupied as well and would reply to our guesses, because getting a definite "no" is a lot more clear than no replies... And I think it's only been 4-5 days, and the hint is posted after 7...
I think for now we should just assume we all got it wrong and post some more guesses.
Old 2011-07-20, 04:25   Link #828
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

No, sorry guys no correct answers yet.
Quote:
...I was kind of hoping that the riddle author wasn't occupied
Likewise.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 05:31   Link #829
brocko

Riddle #15

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...12#post1431012

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=217

http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=75875

?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 17:25   Link #830
Kudryavka

Either right on the money or dreadfully wrong, my good man.
Old 2011-07-20, 19:08   Link #831
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
So explanations for answers are no longer required, you can just post links?
Old 2011-07-20, 20:45   Link #832
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I always thought a reasoning was required for an answer. But looking at the past answers for riddles, there were no explanations then.
Old 2011-07-20, 21:25   Link #833
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
All of his answers seem random and as no explanation is given, I have no idea which of the three is the answer and how did he deduce the answer.
Old 2011-07-20, 21:25   Link #834
brocko

I kinda rocked up to this contest halfway through so I've just been picking up the rules from as example as best i can. If I've been doing something wrong, please do tell ^_^;;

As for the explanation/rationale behind my answer:

Spoiler:

Some of the answers before mine didn't have any explanations so i figured it wasn't necessarily required. If i do happen to be correct, i will elaborate on it however as seen above.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2011-07-20 at 21:46.
Old 2011-07-20, 22:04   Link #835
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
All of his answers seem random and as no explanation is given, I have no idea which of the three is the answer and how did he deduce the answer.
Because it's hard to explain every single answer you give, especially if they're wrong. Lot of unneeded work explaining what's not confirmed to be right.

I don't think he's just stabbing in the dark and getting f'n lucky, if that's what you mean. Is it okay for people to suggest some safety answers if they're not 110% sure, Hooves?

And god, I was close to answering the last one. At least I had the girl down...
Old 2011-07-20, 22:22   Link #836
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well there are times when you just go with an answer so I can't complain about that, but its not really 110% accuracy that I was looking for. I know something lead brocko to guess those answers, but it just sorta feels like throwing random answers to me.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-07-20 at 23:25.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 22:27   Link #837
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well there are times when you just go with an answer so I can't complain about that, but its not really 110% accuracy that I was looking for. I know something lead brocko to guess those answers, but it just sorta just feels like throwing random answers to me.
Oh, I see. Now that I look at it again, it does kinda look like random answers.

But random answers are near impossible on such a large forum, no?
Old 2011-07-20, 23:35   Link #838
brocko

To be fair, they were pretty much stabs in the dark but at the same time they weren't completely baseless guesses either.

With that said though, this contest pretty much revolves around taking shots in the dark and hoping for the best lol
Like Komari said, if you're taking completely random shots in the dark in an area as large as this forum going off of purely nothing, then good luck and have fun trying to even get close to a hit. In the off-chance that someone does hit, then good job to them no? lol

Old 2011-07-20, 23:37   Link #839
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Darn, I've never seen Air so I wouldn't even begin to guess that girl. Maybe I need to watch more famous animes. I thought it was initially about the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. ... Well, congratulations Brocko. Now we're down to the final five. I can sense that this is gonna get intense.
Old 2011-07-20, 23:49   Link #840
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dream View Post
Darn, I've never seen Air so I wouldn't even begin to guess that girl. Maybe I need to watch more famous animes. I thought it was initially about the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. ... Well, congratulations Brocko. Now we're down to the final five. I can sense that this is gonna get intense.
Oh don't congratulate me for working out this riddle was about Air or a specific girl. I dug up a whole list of potential answers ranging from threads in the Clannad and Kanon forums to shows that i've yet to see such as threads in the Spice and Wolf (yea i know shame on me for not watching this yet... ) and Tales of x forums. This Air one just happened to fit the most out of the possible answers i looked into so it got thrown out first

Tags
contest, scavenger hunt