1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.54%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-29, 23:38   Link #81
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Spoiler for Fate Apocrypha:

Damn... The very first time I've ever felt 24min of one episode was this short. Berserker was a pure win this time... (although knew what would've happened) Was kinda expecting Berserker to beat the s**t out of Rider even being hit by his NP. Can't wait for his next move though

Anyways, I didn't really notice Rider's so called proud and swordmanship (like the one Saber has) 'til now nor was I very sympathetic to him, but I think I got a slight liking onto him somehow
well the character designs were AWESOME!

also, Caster.... she is NOT Jeanne de Arc. EVER!
in Fate/Apocrypha, I really liek her design.... but WTF why the hell was 'HE' there?!
Old 2011-10-29, 23:47   Link #82
rpgman1

All the Servants seem to have the obsession of Saber, so it must a parody of "I Dream of Saber". Berserker especially since what he touches turns into his Noble Phantasm. He is the biggest threat anyway. It would be scary if Berserker did took Rider's chariot as his own Phantasm, but being insane at least doesn't make him think straight.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:50   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Too much to talk about in the episode. (At least not just an entire episode explaining a battle this time)...
Well, let's see, Ceinas(?) and Gilgamesh seem so pathetic when compared to Rider.

Since I was watching this episode after watching Carnival Phantasm, Saber seemed surprisingly cute for some reason.

Kiriya-oji-san finally came back. Glad he's doing well. (...)

Caster...
What, in Fate, Jeanne looks similar to Saber?
So popular, Saber is... First Gil, and now this guy... At least Gil looks handsome.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:01   Link #84
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Solid episode again, though I guess I have not much to say about it. The initial meeting of servants was cool, but there was a bit too much posturing for my likes. I guess the main problem here is that Rider is by and far stealing the show, with Waver following on his comical antics that everyone just doesn't seem as exciting.

I guess the whole Rider/Lancer/Saber feud seems cool and Berserker is a badass, meanwhile Caster has turned his sick thoughts towards Saber. Yikes. 2nd half was excellent in the fight scenes. And yea... I hope we start to learn about the other people as while all this posing and showing off is cool, I'd like to learn more about them. 8/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:17   Link #85
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Alexander is amazing. like, best supporting character of the season. I enjoyed the pride issue between all the heroes. everyone has their own views of what should be happening, then Berserker shows up and screws all that up. there's going to be some good drama later on with this one.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:17   Link #86
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Wow...just...an incredible episode. Rider vs Saber vs Lancer...awesome. And that action..wow.... 10/10

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:20   Link #87
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Solid episode again, though I guess I have not much to say about it. The initial meeting of servants was cool, but there was a bit too much posturing for my likes. I guess the main problem here is that Rider is by and far stealing the show, with Waver following on his comical antics that everyone just doesn't seem as exciting.

I guess the whole Rider/Lancer/Saber feud seems cool and Berserker is a badass, meanwhile Caster has turned his sick thoughts towards Saber. Yikes. 2nd half was excellent in the fight scenes. And yea... I hope we start to learn about the other people as while all this posing and showing off is cool, I'd like to learn more about them. 8/10
I genuinely think you are onto something. Rider is such a bigger personality than just about every other character that he just tends to usurp the scene from them and that kind of happened again this episode. I wonder if the other characters will stand out more if he's not in an episode as much.

Also the one character I'm really looking to step up his game in coming episodes is Kiritsgu. I get that they are sort of going for a whole contrast between how Shirou described him in F/SN and how he actually is, but I didn't expect him to be quite this cold and emotionless to the point of being a dull male lead. I mean he almost makes Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing come across as Mr. Rogers by comparison and basically at this point I've come to view Irisviel more as the main character and master of Saber, while Kiritsgu just feels like some random boring dude that's tagging along.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:20   Link #88
kakakka

With careful yet elegant fighting last episode, he have fast pace fighting with all the servants appearing this episode. I feel that these last two episodes really fit well.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:21   Link #89
biook

I liked the ep. Hope they will keep the quality up for the rest of the season.
biook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:28   Link #90
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
All the Servants seem to have the obsession of Saber, so it must a parody of "I Dream of Saber".
Or a parody of Fate/Stay Night, with Saber in Shirou's shoes. Basically, Fate/Zero was Saber's harem series all along. I wonder who will get the good end with her! Hopefully Caster~
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:32   Link #91
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Awesome episode. From the noble Saber and Lancer to cocky and stubborn Gil to brother Iskander...this episode had me craving for more. But what really stole the show for me was the sheer badassery and violence of Berserker. A++++ stuff from him and was really enjoyable watching him fend off the Gates of Babylon from Gil. An instant fav of mine. =)

Hoping for more awesome episodes to come! (and I'm sure there will be)
Old 2011-10-30, 00:35   Link #92
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Also the one character I'm really looking to step up his game in coming episodes is Kiritsgu. I get that they are sort of going for a whole contrast between how Shirou described him in F/SN and how he actually is, but I didn't expect him to be quite this cold and emotionless to the point of being a dull male lead. I mean he almost makes Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing come across as Mr. Rogers by comparison and basically at this point I've come to view Irisviel more as the main character and master of Saber, while Kiritsgu just feels like some random boring dude that's tagging along.
I think him not tagging along his Servant these last episodes can really make that expression. But then again, these episodes also feel like the story is just leaving its introductory arc, so the next episodes might give us more insight about him.

About Rider, I kinda agree with others a bit. I think the awesomeness lies on him just doing what he wants and enjoying it. The other Servants are just so serious, it's hard to feel much about them for now. Well, there's Saber being her usual and Lancer with being honorable, but both of them feels like they are tied to something. Rider's just showing more and more of him without restriction and I think that's the beauty of it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 00:36   Link #93
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
well if we put it in another light....

Heracles was a hero yet his only experience was taking on the challenges, most notably, ripping the Nemean Lion apart without even using a blade.
what do schools teach anymore?

Heracles was
- a great archer who shot down the birds of Stymphalian birds
- smart enough to trick Atlas to shoulder the world.
- figure out how to killed the hydra

and besides the Labors
- Held Death at bay form taking one of his friends
- Sack Troy before the Trojan war
- Rescue Theseus form Hades
Old 2011-10-30, 00:39   Link #94
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

At almost the halfway mark of the season, I am starting to think I should drop this. Not because it's bad, but because it's too good. Too good for me to survive the season break they'll take before airing the second half.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 01:30   Link #95
Morisato

Not surprised that Saber continues to be a damsel in distress. She got saved 3 times in the span of one fight. Iskandar interrupting her fight with Lancer thus saving her life, Lancer saving her life from Berserker, and Iskandar saving her life AGAIN from both Lancer and Berserker.

I'm not surprised with Kiritsugu's "meh" attitude towards Saber once he found out she was a woman. Even Iskandar was kinda looking down on her. As expected of a woman in a men's war, I think Saber is at a severe disadavantage.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 01:40   Link #96
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Umm, wow lots of F/SN and F/Z comparisons going on here...

Back on topic, I really enjoyed this episode. Almost all of the Servants made there grand appearance, which I really liked. We also get a broader glimpse into some of the personalities of the Servants.

Rider, Lancer and Saber would of made a jolly bunch if it weren't for this holy grail war. I can totally see them go to town for a few beers after a fight. Gil is a douche as always, while Beserker really stole the spot light this episode. Assassin's just chilling and watch the show while Caster is...being a creep.
Old 2011-10-30, 02:19   Link #97
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

FZ berserker is awesome

I think he is the only one who can balance out Gilgamash's hax abilities
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 03:02   Link #98
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Business has officially picked up as of this episode.

Which isn't to say I didn't like what came beforehand. I've certainly found its animation to be superior to FSN/Tsukihime adaptations and on the Garden of Sinners level of quality ufotable produced in recent years. The cast in Fate/Zero has incredible depth and a great mix of personalities across the spectrum.

My one issue has always been how the sheer volume of dialogue at times has hindered the pacing and atmosphere. Which isn't ufotable's fault - after all, Nasu is an author that loves to rant. And having read some of the source material. Book 1 is very saturated with dialogue even by Nasu's standards. This was always going to happen. I've forgiven it somewhat with the character development that has gone on through it, but it becomes testing at times. Episode 4 didn't flow that well for me since dialogue between combatants or to other people present always seemed to happen when the scene was picking up, then lose that momentum. Even my hardcore Type-Moon fan friends think Episode 4 didn't need as much dialogue as was provided there.

However, the promise of what this adaptation can deliver is now coming to fruition. Dialogue was sharper, fitted the mood/scene and allowed the atmosphere to build up all through the episode. The fighting in this episode was flockwin. Fluid animation, lovely smoke effects (FINALLY in anime there is smoke animation that actually looks/feels like smoke!), Berserker looked festy as hell with the CGI, dialogue within was short and to the point. And best of all, within that action/scheming we now have a very clear grasp of the methods and motivations of most of the Servants and their Masters. This episode achieved so much but was able to provide plenty of action and the like to be entertaining/stimulating while developing the characters and delivering dialogue. This is the balance I've been wanting to see in this show all along. And I'm fairly confident it will be able to provide that balance more often as the dialogue volume tones down as of Book 2, which the adaptation will be reaching soon.

Saber continues to be charming and honorable - gotta love that. Irisviel isn't afraid of her mortality at all and sticks with Saber even under the worst of circumstances - lovely woman. Rider is a freaking man's man and is Mister Charisma in spades. Power to him for the way he stuck up for Waver when his old teacher tried to talk him down. Lancer is pretty FAB-ulous but not a cockblock, kudos to you Grand Master Sexy. Archer has an ego the size of Jupiter but is amusing. Kariya's re-emergence as a cold-hearted bastard from the once soft, caring person is poignant, although he has his (deluded) reasons.

I really couldn't have asked for more from this episode. If Episode 4 left me underwhelmed, Episode 5 more than made up for it.

PS. Rider, my man, let's hang out sometime and talk about kingship and manliness! My shout!
Old 2011-10-30, 03:10   Link #99
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just so you know, it was Urobuchi Gen that wrote this story. Not Nasu.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 03:28   Link #100
ZeKeR
Superbad

Spoiler for the different faces of Berserker (LOLWUT?):

berserker.... DEAL WITH IT.

and I had hoped this had happened to an agitated Gilgamesh....
Spoiler for Gate of Ba- OOOF!: