AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-24, 10:33   Link #121
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another great episode. I kind of regret watching the ONA now, since it spoils a lot of the story as well as the ending of the season. They're just expanding on it, and they're doing a fantastic job so far.

Can't wait for Yase's episode next week.
Old 2013-10-24, 17:25   Link #122
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I don't think the ONA's spoil the ending of the season honestly, next week or the week after will probably be the last time we touch on stuff from the OVAs and I never thought of episode 0 as the "end" for the series, more like a mid-point since there's still plenty to resolve after it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 14:07   Link #123
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Better late than never!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ousogiga-anime
Old 2013-10-27, 06:51   Link #124
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Can't wait for Yase's episode next week.
me too, and have really no idea what they could expand from the onas about yase
they already added some conspiracy with kurama and his meddling(?) with the shrine guys, can't be conspiracy again with yase, it should be something else
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 06:56   Link #125
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

based on ONA, next episode should explain how mirror kyoto work. like what happened to really old stuff and such

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 12:18   Link #126
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 16:12   Link #127
Kazu-kun

Yase is adorable. I love her interaction with Koto. They could become really close in the second part for the series.
Old 2013-10-30, 21:27   Link #128
MCAL

Another excellent episode. I really like how there are equal parts past and equal parts present into the episode, fleshing out the family. Now that Yase has noticed her rabbit on Koto's hammer, this might start her and Kurama's quest to get their mother back as seen in Episode 00.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-10-30 at 21:44.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 11:20   Link #129
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yase's character was fleshed out nicely. Out of the three siblings, she seems to be the one who suffers the most from her mother's absence. The flashbacks to her childhood were very cute.

It's a shame it doesn't seem like a lot of people are watching this series. It's so good.
Old 2013-10-31, 13:55   Link #130
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
You know, this series is a prime example of a series that is technically "smarter" in many ways and better done than anything else this season - and in a lot of ways, and I am very much aware of that and can appreciate it. But it lacks one crucial element for me, and that is the level to which it is able to engage me. In this regard Gingitsune and Golden Time, while both being not as well done are series I anticipate.

It is purely on a personal interest level, and I agree that as a series it deserves more attention in general, but I find myself unable to get as invested in it as the other two above mentioned series. Interesting how that works sometimes, eh? ^^
Old 2013-10-31, 19:14   Link #131
zeando
maybenotimome

was expecting the episode to include the previous ona and then build around it, or place it in a bigger frame, like the previous episodes did,
but instead we got a different version of it, i'm not a big fan of story changes (expecially in manga->anime adaptations), but this one was done nicely (not greatly, i'm still liking the original ona a bit more)

kurama is growing on me as character, he may turn a bigger jerk than the one he already partially is, but i'm starting to have expectations from his character now :3

and now i'm left to wonder if the next episode will have an other change from the ona or not.. really hope not...

@Kanon
"It's a shame it doesn't seem like a lot of people are watching this series. It's so good. "
agree it's a shame, yet a pity? not for me, the very little almost inexistent hype is a great thing to see, and i'm not gonna lift even a finger to make the hype grow
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 22:06   Link #132
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my Yase is really sentimental about her mom collecting every thing that her mom touched
Old 2013-11-01, 02:15   Link #133
kyouray
2D > 3D

So the hammer can break everything... that's why they were so interested in this weapon.
This episode differs from the ONA but it's nicely done and touching. I'm kinda like Yase since I hate throwing my own stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Another excellent episode. I really like how there are equal parts past and equal parts present into the episode, fleshing out the family. Now that Yase has noticed her rabbit on Koto's hammer, this might start her and Kurama's quest to get their mother back as seen in Episode 00.
It will probably start in episode 6 I think. Next episode is Myoue and episode 5.5 will do the break. I wonder if there will be enough episode since it seems there're so much things to tell.
Old 2013-11-01, 13:58   Link #134
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
So the hammer can break everything... that's why they were so interested in this weapon.
My theory on this is because Koto's hammer comes from outside Mirror Kyoto it's not part of the system and therefore can destroy things inside of it. Although if none of the character's know why right now then who knows if we'll ever get a proper explanation for it. XD
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 17:24   Link #135
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Yase's character was fleshed out nicely. Out of the three siblings, she seems to be the one who suffers the most from her mother's absence. The flashbacks to her childhood were very cute.

It's a shame it doesn't seem like a lot of people are watching this series. It's so good.
I just started... honestly though, it's because Yase's design appealed to me so much. I really like it though, my favorite character is Yase and I felt so sad for her in episode 4.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 19:58   Link #136
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

This episode made me tear up....I guess because I'm pretty close with my own mother and she's been ill recently...so I totally can understand Yase.
Old 2013-11-02, 12:45   Link #137
Kirarakim

Quote:
I just started last week when it was added to CR. In fact I dropped kyokai no Kanata and Gailelo and added this which seems to have been a smart move because I find this series way more unique & entertaining (and also very moving).

I remember I wanted to watch the ONA but I never got around to it, so really happy this is streaming now.

And I am a pack rat so I understand Yase
Old 2013-11-02, 13:01   Link #138
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
My theory on this is because Koto's hammer comes from outside Mirror Kyoto it's not part of the system and therefore can destroy things inside of it. Although if none of the character's know why right now then who knows if we'll ever get a proper explanation for it. XD
That's my theory, too. And I think it will eventually be explained, or at least somehow made clear.

Yes, good show. It took me a while -- and a rewatch of the first three episodes -- to get it, but now I do. However, this episode is the first that really gave me an emotional hit. Maybe it's because the characters and situation are so unusual that I really need some overt emotionalism to feel it. And turning into an ogre and going on a rampage is fairly overt. This is the most I have ever enjoyed Kitamura Eri's voice-acting.

I love Yase's all-black eyes, with that little glint. They give her a strange kind of life-in-death feeling, and convey her non-humanness at a glance.

Kurama is not my favorite. I don't even think he really gave her that cup. I think that was just koto saying so. I liked the ways we began to see koto as KoTo.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 18:16   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I just started last week when it was added to CR. In fact I dropped kyokai no Kanata and Gailelo and added this which seems to have been a smart move because I find this series way more unique & entertaining (and also very moving).

I remember I wanted to watch the ONA but I never got around to it, so really happy this is streaming now.

And I am a pack rat so I understand Yase
Welcome! I'd say you indeed made the right decision. IMO Kyousogiga is one of those little gems you only see once per season at best. This is the most original and creative Toei has been in ages. Maybe not all hope is lost for them.
Old 2013-11-02, 21:25   Link #140
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
That's my theory, too. And I think it will eventually be explained, or at least somehow made clear.
That'd be logic but it'd also mean Koto can destroy herself everything with her own hands and it doesn't seem the case. Inari gave to Koto a gem in the first episode which looks like her hammer. Koto said she created the hammer in the shrine's lab, there're high chances she used this gem which probably contains some Inari's power and could explain the hammer's power. Another detail : they call the hammer 'Aratama' (アラタマ) meaning raw gem.