ichii
The Fonz

Send a message via Yahoo to ichii
yeh why not meat is meat!
ichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 20:55   Link #42
JaneSame
T-today J-Juniah!

I think that it may back. All Natural and organic seems the safest way to go. Yes you are paying more, but at least you know what you are getting. I think that cloning may make the animals suseptible to other diseases that we can't foresee. But we'll see, won't we?
JaneSame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 15:38   Link #43
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
But I find it kinda cruel to eat cloned animals. Look, what happened if you learned that you're being created in this world just to get slaughtered and being served onto the table?
Artifical twining of animals is pretty common, nothing new.
You're probably eating the same genetic identical steak/cow as me now ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakugan no Shana View Post
Heh.. I'm actually the same with that problem too. From the way I see it, it's the way of life, kill to survive is how we used to do it in the past, hell even people eat people before. I dislike how the fact that animals are mistreated in this world in my opinion
Same goes for plants, they're also treated unfair.
Humans crossbreed species to create enhanced species,
create field, farming aso.
Animals just kill and get them.
Plants (all lifeforms) do have the desire to live and grow old,
make children aso.

In the end it's all atoms, food is food,
don't complain ^^, take what you get
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 19:45   Link #44
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Im all for this idea... I want to try dinosaur meat someday and i dont see how its possible w/out cloning.
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 06:25   Link #45
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Same goes for plants, they're also treated unfair.
Humans crossbreed species to create enhanced species,
create field, farming aso.
Animals just kill and get them.
Plants (all lifeforms) do have the desire to live and grow old,
make children aso.

In the end it's all atoms, food is food,
don't complain ^^, take what you get
lol Take what you get, meat, vegetables, sweet, that is.... if they don't kill you or actually do some sort of side effect to your body. I remember when people complained about "Bad Cow" and "Bad Milk" something like that.. I can't exactly remember since it wasn't such a big deal for me. I remember reading some article of a certain Bread that can give cancer..... wow'zers... Anyways, back on topic. I think everyone will go ahead and eat cloned animals/meat, that is if it is 100%, well nothing is perfect so, but you know, it's safe to actually eat it. No one can be for sure it is safe, who knows, it might actually do something to our future blood(Family, grand children, etc)? Maybe a sort of mutation? A new disease? So much more. Who knows? Time will tell...
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 22:54   Link #46
Xefiris
Lord of bored!

Send a message via AIM to Xefiris Send a message via Yahoo to Xefiris
Heck if it makes steak cheaper I'm all for it. Some foods taste way better because they are cheaper.
Xefiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 07:05   Link #47
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefiris View Post
Heck if it makes steak cheaper I'm all for it. Some foods taste way better because they are cheaper.
Somehow i doubt that,
i remember during the mad cow disease period,
(stilton) steaks were still expensive.
Chicken and pork will probably become cheaper, but not cow meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky View Post
Im all for this idea... I want to try dinosaur meat someday and i dont see how its possible w/out cloning.
Come on, you know it.
The only way to eat a T-rex steak is to build a time machine,
cloning... pah ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 10:18   Link #48
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Somehow i doubt that,
i remember during the mad cow disease period,
(stilton) steaks were still expensive.
Chicken and pork will probably become cheaper, but not cow meat.

Come on, you know it.
The only way to eat a T-rex steak is to build a time machine,
cloning... pah ^^
Well if they can pull off a jurassic park, it's kinda like cloning... sure my dino's may have a frog like taste to them, but frog doesnt taste all to bad.
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 13:53   Link #49
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Sure, meat is meat. Cloning, as a word, just gives some people the creeps, especially when combined to something like "bio-engineering." Did you know that when the first microwaves came out, people were paranoid about them too? Cancer, radiation, etc...
Same, I don't really care either way.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 16:33   Link #50
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
But I find it kinda cruel to eat cloned animals. Look, what happened if you learned that you're being created in this world just to get slaughtered and being served onto the table? Sure I eat meat and all but I'm beginning to find it a little cruel to treat animals just like that. The only thing that stopped me from eating meat.....I'M TOO DARN USED TO EATING IT! Btw, my mom's a vegetarian so I'm a little sensitive to such stuffs.
That makes no sense at all...
First of all, they're not told that they're just born to die, and they wouldn't understand it anyway. They're like a newborn baby, which doesn't understand what's going on at all.

What's the most cruel:
1. Killing something that has already seen the world, maybe even has kids
or
2. Killing something a few days after it's born.

Another thing that should take note of is that animals aren't very intelligent beings. They're not the same as us, which is probably one of the mistakes you make in your reasoning.
Think it over for a bit, and you should realize that this is less cruel than alternative 1.

And yes, I'd definitely eat cloned meat.
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 08:12   Link #51
BiteAdust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichii View Post
yeh why not meat is meat!
I think so...

But I can't if it's GMOs.
BiteAdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 12:32   Link #52
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
That makes no sense at all...
First of all, they're not told that they're just born to die, and they wouldn't understand it anyway. They're like a newborn baby, which doesn't understand what's going on at all.

What's the most cruel:
1. Killing something that has already seen the world, maybe even has kids
or
2. Killing something a few days after it's born.
What makes you say that only newborn clones will be eaten? While young meat is said to be more delicious (I personally can't tell the difference, really), it would be horribly inefficient as there's simply less of it.

Quote:
Another thing that should take note of is that animals aren't very intelligent beings. They're not the same as us, which is probably one of the mistakes you make in your reasoning.
Measuring one's worth in intelligence is a dangerous thing to do, you know, as it can also be applied to humans.
At any rate, animals have been breeded for the sole purpose of being eaten for millennia, so DwArD didn't have much of a point to begin with.
Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 12:42   Link #53
ImClueless
Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu View Post
What makes you say that only newborn clones will be eaten? While young meat is said to be more delicious (I personally can't tell the difference, really), it would be horribly inefficient as there's simply less of it.
Young meat is much more tender. Try a veal steak and a regular steak and you will instantly notice the difference if they are prepared properly. But, yeah why would only newborns be eaten, it economically unsound.

Cloning animals for food is economically unsound. Cloning is a expensive, difficult and time consuming technique to raise animals. Its much cheaper to simply let two animals get it on and produce little animals for us to eat. I think the original poster got confused between cloning of whole animals versus cloning of genes (which is basically GM animals). The likelyhood of having whole cloned animals on the supermarket shelves in the year future are pretty slim. Although GM animals would be quite difficult to produce also. Animals are alot more complex to bio-engineer than plants. Its one thing to produce a glowing rabbit, but its another to introduce a stable change into the germline that will not damage desired characteristics and yet still introduce new traits we want.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 15:00   Link #54
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

eat cloned animals???

actually did you know that mass production farms clone the perfect plant to make better fruit/ vegies.

what i mean is that they grow twenty or so then the best of those twenty they clone and regrow them in the same enviorment.

so in a way we already eat cloned living thigs. but i don't want milk from a cloned cow it would scare me.
drgntig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 04:35   Link #55
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu View Post
What I meant was that they won't get out to see the world. They won't know any other life than being in a farm somewhere and then get killed.

Quote:
Measuring one's worth in intelligence is a dangerous thing to do, you know, as it can also be applied to humans.
At any rate, animals have been breeded for the sole purpose of being eaten for millennia, so DwArD didn't have much of a point to begin with.
Once again you missed my point. Animals, such as cows, don't have the intelligence to know that they'll be eaten, nor do they understand what death is. Thus, they do not fear it.
Old 2006-11-09, 05:01   Link #56
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you are mistaken, animals fear death.

do you have a cat or a dog? place them on something high in your house. then slowly nudge them off the edge. how do they react? they are aware of pain and death.

you are mistaking an animals trust in their masters as an the absence of fear, which is not correct.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 05:24   Link #57
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Hmm, yes, I guess you're right. Animals are afraid of death, but that's just instinct. I don't think they'd realize they're going to be killed when they're at a farm, since it goes so fast.
Old 2006-11-09, 05:42   Link #58
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Sure, why not. Meat is meat no matter how you slice it It's not like the stuff we get today would be pure/natural etc.... It is far more important what the animal is fed during it's life.
Old 2006-11-09, 05:48   Link #59
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Will you be willing to buy food from cloned animals in near future?
I am willing to buy food from cloned animals in near future, so long as the cloned animals accept VISA or MasterCard.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 05:50   Link #60
Xefiris
Lord of bored!

Send a message via AIM to Xefiris Send a message via Yahoo to Xefiris
And it goes great with

Potatochobit's sig is cute.
Xefiris is offline   Reply With Quote