AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 04:35   Link #33401
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, I don't believe as well. The fact that it doesn't use ANY equalizer in it's only appearance so far just makes it worse. :|

I have different explanation myself: PT upgrade it with Image Interface system and lots of kibbles, virtually making it a gen 3 in all but name.
Old 2012-07-01, 04:39   Link #33402
demino_hellsin
That one guy

was it explicitly stated that there were no equalizers?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:42   Link #33403
Eratas123

By the way, IS cores have been described as looking like crystals. Just throwing it out here.
Old 2012-07-01, 04:48   Link #33404
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Nope, but not used at all means the same.

Remember Equalizer is the strong point of Gen-2. Whereas Arachne has the properties of Gen-3, utilizing an esoteric system or two (energy web and spider arms in this case) as it's main combat feature.

@ Eras
The size of tennis ball or smaller, because the characters can hold it.

I can imagine it looks like GN Condenser. Or actually, inspired by it (like I.S. core, those are made of rare, near indestructible metal)
Old 2012-07-01, 04:57   Link #33405
Eratas123

About same size, I'm guessing.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:00   Link #33406
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I imagine that the erngy webs are the only thing strictly gen 3 about it. Remember that gen 2 is basically the age of IS with handheld weaponry. That time, the logical conclusion for improvement would be the orcish logic: "Needs more dakka"

so how do they fix that? Add more arms.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:04   Link #33407
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, GN Condenser are almost the size of Gundam Cockpit. That is, 3 meter wide sphere. There's smaller variant, such as one mounted in the gundam shoulder, knee and elbow.

@ Demi
How about controlling ALL those arm together in melee (which she did) is impossible without Image Interface? By definition, that system allow the weapon to behave as the user think.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:08   Link #33408
Eratas123

Would killings shown on screen make the series darker?
Old 2012-07-01, 05:10   Link #33409
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's basically wham episode and genre shift.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:15   Link #33410
Eratas123

Really? This is a shonen series, it happens all the time.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:15   Link #33411
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that would make sense. But I can chalk it up to the pilot's skill. *shrugs* squall must keep her around for something right? Sure as heck not because of her stellar performance of being beat by a high-schooler.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:32   Link #33412
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, again, Image Interface STILL a pain in the ass, even for 'talented elite' Like Cecilia, who can't master it fully until Madoka shown her how it's done.

It's only exist to make something borderline impossible possible, just not easy as it sounds.

Autumn's defeat by Tatenashi (and Ichika)? Autumn was enraged to hell and back. Remember that I.I. require high concentration to use, do the math. Tatenashi own her in psychological warfare, not a matter of skill.

Once again, I do not accept her defeat as "Oh Tatenashi is super awesome" or "Oh Autumn is really-really suck"

@ Eras
But not I.S. for sure. I don't have exact reason, I just felt that way. (mostly like ToLoveRu, who has zero onscreen death so far)
Old 2012-07-01, 05:49   Link #33413
Eratas123

That "Galactic unification war" sure wasn't done through skipping through flowers.

It wasn' on-screen, but it still happened.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:55   Link #33414
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, canon interplanetary assassin, cold-blood criminal hunter, space mafia... the list goes on even at smaller scale. The more reason of why some people said To-Love-Ru wasting a lot of plot whereas the harem and fetish IS the plot, Darkness fix it somewhat, part by part (so it's a case of Misguided Fandom gone right).

I.S.? Mentioned murder? Zero. WK incident? Zero casualty. Only Genetically Engineered Child Soldier, whose backstory reveal she never been fielded in actual war. The reveal of PT is THE Wham episode of I.S. in fact, since Autumn is actively tries to kill Ichika, Madoka repeat the same thing. Having onscreen death will make it another wham moment.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:55   Link #33415
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I would argue about the possible non-use of II in the extra limbs... but I don't know its particulars so I can't really say much about it.

Onto more pressing matters. Canon denies Chifuyu ever having been in a relationship before right?
Old 2012-07-01, 05:59   Link #33416
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The fact that I.S. are controlled directly by the nerve in human musculature system. Do Autumn has weird body or something?

Regardless, I only take what canon states and use it liberally, making it non canon in application.

Canon only reasoning that Chifuyu doesn't have time, since she's concentrating her tiime with job and raising Ichika. The Implication? She doesn't really interested in relationship.
Old 2012-07-01, 06:01   Link #33417
Eratas123

@'Senpai - Wasn't it implied very heavily that Autumn and Madoka have killed before? Autumn does it with ridiculous casualty and Madoka says its a pain she has to go out of her way not to do it.
Old 2012-07-01, 06:02   Link #33418
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That means I can reasonably portray her as clueless on how relationships go >: D

sadly Gentarou would be slow moving due to teenager jitters. As well as dating an older woman. external meddling?
Old 2012-07-01, 06:11   Link #33419
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Well, I did say introduction of PT in itself is very dramatic and whammy... but before that, it's happy go lucky harem antic and mostly nonlethal action. In contrast, To-Love-RU has all sort of implication with it. The first wham moment? Haruna's capture by Ghibree (and ended up with anticlimax note... FFFFFFUUU). Zastin's challenge and Yami's assassination attempt on Rito is played for laughs. It's not until Gid's appearance that things go to hell again, and then back to harem antic...

@ Demi
That's not possible, she was VERY observant. Less clueless and more like clumsy on it (once again, her flustered moment is when she was asked about relationship, particularly with Ichika). Knowledge =/= Skill
Old 2012-07-01, 06:18   Link #33420
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So she knows what the proper approach is... but can't work up the nerve to do so? or does it badly ala romantic skill is inversely proportional to IS piloting skill?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest