AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-20, 16:36   Link #41
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Time skips definitely bring a great deal to the plate; a needed makeover in my opinion. I am for plot development when it comes to anime. I find what is going on now in the manga with the hospital scene and this upcoming manga issue (which I still can't find) refreshing. I think a switch over to plot development is necessary. Kishimoto can give us more background on Kyubi; how Kyubi/Naruto relationship was affected after the fight with Sasuke; a second chonin exam; or even kakashi's personal analysis on what has traspired. I hope this happens. I also hope for a time skip where readers are completely baffled and very anxious to know why things are the way they are in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
If they do a time skip then i bet it'll be in their jounin days. Naruto knows many jounin levels move already. If they fadt forwared a year or so, he would seem to powerful for his age as i'm sure he'll learn more stuff and get more skill and experience which is all he needs.
To add to this, I hope that Naruto, if a time skip occured, was able to do a whole lot more and be at least cool with taijutsu. He doesn't have to be good as Lee, God no, for that is giving him too much power, but just good enough. I wouldnt mind seeing his taijutsu, as a jounin, in the level that Sasuke is at this precise moment...of course while he is at that level, Sasuke has gone beyong that previous level.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 16:59   Link #42
Behamut

I really dont think there is gonna be a time skip(yet)
There are things that need answering first...
Like where kakashi got his sharingan etc.

Also I think the genins will become chuunin before the time skip.

Another question .

Do you guys think sasuke will ever return to konoha?
And that he will ever be friends with naruto again...?
Behamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 17:06   Link #43
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Kishimoto has been dropping hints about Sakura being like Tsunade, Naruto like Jiraiya & Sasuke like Orochimaru. Some of the color pages are of the 3 with the snail, toad & snake.

I don't think a fight between Sakura & Sasuke would be very good. If anything it'll be mushy & corny. She doesn't have the heart to really hurt him. It'll probably end up like

Sakura: Sasuke-kun. --tears drop-- But I. . . I really love you!
Sasuke: You're annoying. --smack-- I'm an avenger.

I don't think there will be a time skip. The Akatsuki seem to want Kyuubi as soon as possible. Besides, it's more fun watching the characters grow up. Like Naruto getting stronger & Sasuke turning somewhat psycho & evil.

Last edited by jubileerain; 2004-10-20 at 18:46.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 17:51   Link #44
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazus
I don't think Sakura gaining Tsunade-like strength is really out of the question.

Remember the time before the chuunin exams where Naruto stupidly tells Konohamaru that Sakura is his girlfriend? She punched Naruto and made him fly a good couple of yards, iirc.

Of course the pre-requisite to using that strength seems to be tapping into Inner-Sakura first though.
And it only applies when she's hitting Naruto
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 17:58   Link #45
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileerain
I don't think a fight between Sakura & Sasuke would be very good. If anything it'll be mushy & corny..
...And the fight between Sasuke & Naruto wasn't?
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:11   Link #46
Mazus

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by knubbe
And it only applies when she's hitting Naruto

Well him or Konahomaru.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:15   Link #47
indo

not as much as a sakura sasuke fight would be

edit: the only way a sakura sasuke fight would be anny good and justifiable would be if sasuke rams chidori in sakura, rips out her heart and sais something like: i'm flattered you give me your heart you really do love me i guess. (while smiling and holding sakura's heart in his hands for her to see wile she dies)

edit: edited some mistakes
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:28   Link #48
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
...And the fight between Sasuke & Naruto wasn't?
It'll never be as corny as Sasuke & Sakura fighting.

The Naruto & Sasuke fight wasn't the best fight, but it wasn't completely horrible. Sakura could never go all out on Sasuke. She's too into him.
Old 2004-10-20, 18:33   Link #49
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
This is all inevitable. We all know it. Sasuke has to go to Oro, Sakura has to become a medic nin. Kishimoto has built up the story to the point that there are no other ways around.

I don't think Sakura will start crying if she fights Sasuke because the only way I can see her fighting him is if her emotion is completly drained by witnessing extreme violence or someone dies in front of her. Even then though I don't think she will have the gut/desire to kill him, although I can see her giving him a good beating for everything.

I wonder what will happen to Sasuke's pride though if he is beaten by Sakura... maybe he will commit suicide.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:41   Link #50
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Is there any proof that the manga is out for this week? I am unable to find it at my usual sources. Can anyone verify this thread's validity?
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:43   Link #51
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I don't think Sakura will start crying if she fights Sasuke because the only way I can see her fighting him is if her emotion is completly drained by witnessing extreme violence or someone dies in front of her. Even then though I don't think she will have the gut/desire to kill him, although I can see her giving him a good beating for everything.

I wonder what will happen to Sasuke's pride though if he is beaten by Sakura... maybe he will commit suicide.
I agree, that's probably why Sakura wants to become a medical nin, because she wants to heal people.

LOL If Sakura beat Sasuke he'd go into a jealous rage. Not only can an idiot catch up to him, but an annoying girl as well. His superiority complex would go into overdrive.
Old 2004-10-20, 18:46   Link #52
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazus
Well him or Konahomaru.
Well Konohomau probably weighs as much as a wet napkin, so it shouldn't be too hard to knock him around
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:46   Link #53
Captain_Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
This is all inevitable. We all know it. Sasuke has to go to Oro, Sakura has to become a medic nin. Kishimoto has built up the story to the point that there are no other ways around.

Maybe killing Sakura can give him his mangekyou sharingan...
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:58   Link #54
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
edit: the only way a sakura sasuke fight would be anny good and justifiable would be if sasuke rams chidori in sakura, rips out her heart and sais something like: i'm flattered you give me your heart you really do love me i guess. (while smiling and holding sakura's heart in his hands for her to see wile she dies)
hahaha, that would be awesome!
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 19:59   Link #55
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Count me as one of the people who is against a time skip. Hate that idea.

Sounds like a boring chapter.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 21:32   Link #56
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Count me as one of the n00bies who wants a time skip like Dragon Ball. Loved the idea.

Sounds like a great chapter of character developments....NOT. WHERE TEH FIGHTING NO ITACHI NO SASUKE NO GOOD.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 22:32   Link #57
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
Is there any proof that the manga is out for this week? I am unable to find it at my usual sources. Can anyone verify this thread's validity?
It's not out, but this wouldn't be the first legitimate leak of information from the next chapter. There was a picture of Sasuke's CL2 form online a day or two before Chapter 231 came out, among other things.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 00:16   Link #58
JoopFOX

Well, I personally don`t mind a timeskip, as long as its not too big. Preferably not longer than 1 year. A small timeskip would be welcome, because:
They dont have much to do now. Some can mature, some can train. I mean, I dont really like to see Naruto AGAIN slowly learn something like Gamabunta summoning and Rasengan which took ages. It would be cool if we had a small timeskip and after that everybody has mastered some stuff in the process.
The anime then can always cover some things that happened during those times in fillers. Id like some new cool missions with different teams than the usual 3 men teams. For example, Shino would seem interesting in a mission.
JoopFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 01:34   Link #59
IMSabbel

What about following timeskip theory:

As the anime is quickly catching up, the manga just skips the next 1-2 years of konoha rebuilding, sakura becoming a doc, and a few generic missions of the main guys....so the anime can insert a nice 13-39 episode filler superarc. That way, anime-filler and manga wont collide and the total anime runtime extended by nearly a year in the best (?) case...
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 05:54   Link #60
Steffa
Ninja Guru

get stuffed....and it's gonna take years before i finish watching naruto....i want massive fighting scene and training scenes happening....but now and not in 10 years time
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote