Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-03, 09:59   Link #121
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
Yes we haven't seen a full Jiraiya vs Itachi fight, so I don't see how anyone can argue strongly for either outcome. However you should realise no-one is going to properly and clearly beat Itachi before Sasuke does.

If someone did beat Itachi, other than Sasuke, it would ruin the whole of Sasuke's critical storyline in my opinion, which just doesn't usually happen in shounen.
Well, in that case, there would have to be a stronger guy in Akatsuki. Right now, I looks quite probable Sasuke will kill Orochimaru, or at least beat him and if he is going to beat Itachi as well, there have to be other villains for Naruto to beat. He is the main character in a shounen and therefore he has to shine more often than any three other characters combined.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 10:02   Link #122
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Oooh, I like Sakura. How nice. It was good to see everyone again!
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 10:25   Link #123
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
My two cents on this raw: the 4th hokage smiling on the cover just doesn't strike me as very, well "4th-ish", i mean everytime we see him he's got a serious/cool face on. The resemblence to naruto is uncanny.
Can't Yondaime be happy for once? It's pretty cool seeing him in an OOC way, and I'm sure that pic is all foreshadowing to the extreme.

EDIT: after viewing a photoshopped akatsuki pic... there are 9. I take back what I said earlier about there being 8. Wow. Jiraiya's got his info all wrong... unless we misinterpreted what he said about Akatsuki.

Spoiler for because the pic is huge:

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon

Last edited by Gevurah; 2004-11-03 at 10:37.
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 11:34   Link #124
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
EDIT: after viewing a photoshopped akatsuki pic... there are 9. I take back what I said earlier about there being 8. Wow. Jiraiya's got his info all wrong... unless we misinterpreted what he said about Akatsuki.
Great job!!! Good looking out. I felt that there were 9 since we first heard about them. Geez, I truly wish it was the 4th as the leader of Akatsuki. I will do anything to try to tie this in to make anyone a believer too LOL. For instance, the pimped out collar/cloak thing is worn by the 4th and the Akatsuki wears something just a lil similar. This goes back to my age old argument:

My Thesis on Practicing Death Jutsus.

Does anyone remember Tien and his Human Containment Wave? This was suppose to be the thing that was to seal Piccalo in DB. Roshi's sensai used it to seal Piccalo and died. Roshi used it and died as well. So, then we have Tien, that practices the Human Containment Wave, actually performs it, and doesn't die from it.

The Fourth was the person to create the Seal Jutsu, if I am not mistaken. It was referred to as his technique. How do you practice something like that and know if you get it right? When you perform the seals and practice it, does the Death God come out and you say, "Oh, naw, I am just practicing. No souls to eat yet. Come back later?" Hell no. In a way, its a perfected jutsu. Although many people have tried to give explanations as to why the seal was placed on the 3rd after doing the jutsu where as the seal is on Naruto and he still walks around, I fail to see a good explanation because none has actually been given in the manga (I don't think). The Fourth was able to transfer the seal to something else (ie Naruto) and the Fouth still died for performing the jutsu, that's what I heard. The fact that the Fourth can do extra things such as seal in something else and so forth just makes me think that he has more leadway and flexability on this jutsu. Then we see all of the little inferences, like in this chapter, that just screams a slight possibility. Would anyone practice a Death Jutsu to see if they got it down right? I'd say that the last time you practice it to see if you have it right is the day you die.

Practicer: YAY! I got it right, after all this hard work (blah blah blah....dies).

Yeah Fourth, I see you on the cover with that fake ass smile, it screams evil. You aren't fooling me. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

To go back on topic, did anyone check out how Tenten was checking Lee out?
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 13:02   Link #125
hiko

I think from all the vague suggestions given in the Manga so far the most obvious guess is that Naruto is either the conjoining of the 4th and Kyuubi OR Yondaime's son. The one thing we do know about the Death God Jutsu is that it links two souls together: the caster's and the victim's. We also know that once the sealing is complete the caster's soul is consumed - and Kyuubi sure looks nice and sealed inside Naruto (albeit not in the Death God which definitely leaves the possibility that Yondaime is still alive somewhere if he's not Naruto.)

If the "Naruto = Yondaime and Kyuubi" theory turns out to be the case (and it's a big if) then the big mystery is why weren't they both taken by the Death God? It must have something to do with Kyuubi's immense powers. In chapter 230 when Kyuubi gives Naruto his final dose of uber Chakra he says something like "you should be thanking me...me...the one who sealed me, the 4th. You're both alike" which suggests he actually did something with the 4th in the past. Perhaps the 4th couldn't seal Kyuubi inside the Death God and managed to persuade him to be "reborn" or sealed inside a human vessel? (we already know Kyuubi has an intense fear of death) Perhaps it's simply hinting that Yondaime channeled Kyuubei Chakra in the past? (In which case maybe he was up to something dodgy and he will turn out to be the Akatsuki leader)

In any case this is what's best about Kishimoto's writing, he drops just enough vague hints to keep you guessing but never hands out anything solid until the final revelation, and it seems he's going to make us wait and wait on the whole Naruto - 4th - Kyuubi relationship. If the Kakashi Sidestory goes back in time enough to see Yondaime teaching Kakashi then maybe we will finally find out Yondaime's name - i.e whether his name is Uzumaki or not (I'm referring to the first chapter here, which seemed to introduce Naruto by hinting he was the 4th - yet went on to refer to him as Kyuubi throughout). Just about everyone in the village is referred to by their given names rather than the family ones so I suppose we won't be finding out if Yondaime's a Naruto or not. Personally I think Yondaime will be referred to as Sensei if he makes an appearance.

Sasuke's flashback also begs a lot of questions. Who was the guy telling Itachi he could entrust him with his heart? He talked like their father but the scene was rather menacing, so could their father be the 3rd Mangekyo user and leader of Akatsuki? (and consequently faked his own death with Itachi's help) Maybe it was Orochimaru? The sentence about trusting Itachi with his heart came after Kimimaro said he will live on in Oro's heart, so IF it was Oro talking to Itachi back then you can assume he used the same lines on Kimimaro later on. Maybe it was an as-yet-unknown character who will turn out to be Sasuke and Itachi's true father - and the "leader" of Akatsuki all in one tidy uber-villanous package .
hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 13:03   Link #126
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Can't Yondaime be happy for once? It's pretty cool seeing him in an OOC way, and I'm sure that pic is all foreshadowing to the extreme.

Maybe Kisame is really just Itachi's tsukibito, and not a real member of Akatuki.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 13:41   Link #127
Kurapica

Whoa, just read the raw and it owns. Some nice insight on the future and training of some Konoha genin and Akatsuki. This is going to be nice. Won't read your translations though, ill wait 4 inane to release.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 13:43   Link #128
strategos

Guess the only way to now if that is 4th is if we take the picture of the flash back Third had before dying. When we see the thir as a kid. Then the thir with the Sannin. Then jiraiya with 4th and other two. Then 4th eith kakashi. The last one. we need that picture. Then zoom the face of the forth and compare the eyes. because at the end we see the leaders eyes.
if anyone can do that. would be cool
Episode 77-79. there should be the major flashback of Third
When he says this village wont die
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 13:51   Link #129
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapica
Whoa, just read the raw and it owns. Some nice insight on the future and training of some Konoha genin and Akatsuki. This is going to be nice. Won't read your translations though, ill wait 4 inane to release.
Hrm, hate to burst your bubble, but Inane's translations arent all that great.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 13:53   Link #130
rorosama

Yay! More Hina-chan. Boo! Hina chan serving tea to neji.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 14:29   Link #131
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
So, lets clear some things up. It was never hinted when Orochimaru left Akatsuki. There was only one time, when he said I left the organisation because of Itachi. But now It seems like Orochimaru left Akatsuki 7 years ago. Basicly when Itachi was 11.
This means Itachi at age 11>Oro. This also explains why he so easily wiped his clan out. Ah on the other side. When he was 11 he didn't have the mangekyou...

Now which one of you fools still insist Jiraiya>Itachi??

As for the Jiraiya>Itachi thing, you really don't understand the meaning of "triangle of power" do you.

I mean since Rock>Paper>Scissors, that means Scissors should own Rock right?

I still think Itachi wiped out the clan, because the clan isn't as powerful as everyone made them out to be, and they're just pathetic, that and Itachi is a genius
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 14:53   Link #132
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
As for the Jiraiya>Itachi thing, you really don't understand the meaning of "triangle of power" do you.

I still think Itachi wiped out the clan, because the clan isn't as powerful as everyone made them out to be, and they're just pathetic, that and Itachi is a genius
LOL, I wanna hear Lost World's reply to that.

On topic, I hope "Kakashi Gaiden" flows smoothly into the next Naruto arc. It'd be badass if he thinks of either Yondaime or Obito in the end of his arc and the next frame, 3 years later, is either one of them chilling in an Akatsuki cape with the rest of the supposed badasses. It probably won't happen though.

As for comparing the eyes of the leader? and Yondaime, it's very clear that Yondaime doesn't have a ring around his pupil. His eyes are more like Naruto.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 15:22   Link #133
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
LOL, I wanna hear Lost World's reply to that.

On topic, I hope "Kakashi Gaiden" flows smoothly into the next Naruto arc. It'd be badass if he thinks of either Yondaime or Obito in the end of his arc and the next frame, 3 years later, is either one of them chilling in an Akatsuki cape with the rest of the supposed badasses. It probably won't happen though.

As for comparing the eyes of the leader? and Yondaime, it's very clear that Yondaime doesn't have a ring around his pupil. His eyes are more like Naruto.
The last time they seen the 4th was like more than a decade ago. I mean, a decade ago I wore a size 2 shoe. Things change. He might have hit a pinnacle of power. Something far greater than we could ever imagine, IF THAT GUY IS THE FOURTH. I doubt it, but I would love it to be, it would, how you guys say, own. Plus, if that was the leader, this guy would have to be freakin powerful enough to tell Itachi what to do, just a hunch. Worst case scenario is if it isn't the Fourth, then the guy/girl that is the leader of the bunch is related to Naruto somehow and that would be cool too.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 15:40   Link #134
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
i THINK its naruto on the cover.. in his mature form..
because on every picture u see of the 4th u hardly see him smiling..
and on this cover its more the just a smile.. its a naruto'ish big grin like he always does...
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 15:54   Link #135
DeadAkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzz
i THINK its naruto on the cover.. in his mature form..
because on every picture u see of the 4th u hardly see him smiling..
and on this cover its more the just a smile.. its a naruto'ish big grin like he always does...
No thats the 4th, the guy in on the cover doesnt have Naruto's wiskers/markings
DeadAkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 16:13   Link #136
Zek
Eyebrows...

It looks like the 4th is a Jounin in that picture, so it's possible he grew into his serious personality after becoming Hokage and was a little more like Naruto before.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 16:27   Link #137
Dynast Grauscherra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0

You mean Scissors>Paper>Rock. And I thought the triangle of power only included Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru because of the frog, slug, snake thing, but whatever.

I personally can't wait for the next chapters. It's about time that we get some insight into Kakashi's history. I just hope this whole focus on Kakashi thing isn't a prelude to his death or something.
Dynast Grauscherra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 16:42   Link #138
Steffa
Ninja Guru

yes that must be naruto older self...since yondaime never wore the leaf protector over his forehead....i think naruto is going to loose those cat's marks...
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 16:44   Link #139
slickrick23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
yes that must be naruto older self...since yondaime never wore the leaf protector over his forehead....i think naruto is going to loose those cat's marks...
yondaime does wear a forhead protector and if you read the caption it says its him, its not naruto.
slickrick23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 17:05   Link #140
wb_hicks

what gets me laughing is how every time we see a spiked haired guy its always he must be the 4th or wow he looks like the 4th bla bla etc etc. im more curious as to see how strong naruto going to be after getting 3 yrs of str8 training, and what hell jaraiya going to put him through. sasuke seems a bit different then his usually self. maybe it was his fight with naruto and the fact taht he knows the reason oro would give him power. but is it me or is out of the 3 sannin jaraiya is the best teacher since he seem to be able to create powerful nins from his teaching. the 4th is a dead give away and the little he did teach naruto made naruto way stronger then he could even think of being if he was still under kakashi. the 5th and oro hasnt shown anyone like this yet.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote