AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-07, 20:25   Link #121
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Just saw episode 1 for this new season and I've to say, the story and delivery falls further down the ladder, compare to the previous...

The only thing I'm glad to see are the new digimon.
Really? It's much too soon to give a serious evaluation of the plot, but I felt this episode was plenty strong. Delivery was indeed a bit iffy (which I at least somewhat attribute to the need to give the viewers the chance to get acquainted with the new characters), but for what there was I had no problems with the story.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 21:05   Link #122
Hikari no Clover

just saw the 1st episode, as expected from xros wars series, nothing much to say about it.

i just dont get why u guys called it digimon season 7 instead of xros wars season 3 ?
even the japanese official website states that this new episode is ep.55 instead of ep.01, u cant separate it from its previous season, just like the 7 death generals thing that had to go with the original xros wars series, they are just 1 season..
Old 2011-10-07, 21:10   Link #123
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
just saw the 1st episode, as expected from xros wars series, nothing much to say about it.

i just dont get why u guys called it digimon season 7 instead of xros wars season 3 ?
even the japanese official website states that this new episode is ep.55 instead of ep.01, u cant separate it from its previous season, just like the 7 death generals thing that had to go with the original xros wars series, they are just 1 season..
Does it matter really? For me, I've a myanimelist account, so there they separate the seasons accordingly (24 episode).

Off topic btw, is that Aya from Ichigo 100%? Are you a fan of the manga?
Old 2011-10-07, 21:23   Link #124
Hikari no Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Does it matter really? For me, I've a myanimelist account, so there they separate the seasons accordingly (24 episode).

Off topic btw, is that Aya from Ichigo 100%? Are you a fan of the manga?

just found something wired, this situation happened once before in digimon series, where digimon adventure 2 came out right after its previous season and carrying a same storyline, but i dont think the official website had ever called it "episode 55"

hey vansonbee, by looking at your avatar and signature, i know we will never be friend
Old 2011-10-07, 22:59   Link #125
gameboy234

Gumdramon has some big teary eye.. He is still a child, look at how he hide behind tagiru. LOL.

The 3 digimon hunter just feel plain and boring.

Mood is different from xros war 1.
Wonder if digixros still happen.. Perhaps digixros with captured digimon?
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 07:42   Link #126
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Really? It's much too soon to give a serious evaluation of the plot, but I felt this episode was plenty strong. Delivery was indeed a bit iffy (which I at least somewhat attribute to the need to give the viewers the chance to get acquainted with the new characters), but for what there was I had no problems with the story.
The writer is the same who did seasons 1 & 2, so I'm not worried at all. I can feel this third season will be great too.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 16:43   Link #127
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say the first Xros Wars had a much stronger episode than this one did. It looked weaker visually too.

The focus on this new lead guy Tagiru wasn't great since he feels like a weaker character (didn't like the voice choice much either). I'm not even comparing to how the end of the series, but how Taiki felt from the start. But will have to see how they go from here. Maybe once Shoutmon gets back into it the series should get going.

Considering the writer is the same there is some hope. At the very least don't think they got off to a strong start though.
Old 2011-10-08, 23:03   Link #128
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 2 Spoilers:

It's not that I dislike Tagiru, but I just like Taiki better as a lead. Black Star really seeps into the character intended or not. That's minus points for now while he's all talk.

When will Yuu get Damemon back? I see some Takeru in him for some reason, and it just tips him into my favor. Maybe it was the growth spurt along with a dying digimon.

Story progression is somewhat slow for the moment.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 04:12   Link #129
ShiroiRyu

In two episodes, it's difficult to have a good story progression.
Surely if we have 50 more épisodes. (that was i want. ^^')
Anyways, loved the first episode.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 22:06   Link #130
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Hmm, so the implications of the hunt are you beat the crap out of other digimon, then force them to fight for you. Former contender takes a younger newbie under his wing and douchebag rivals. Where have I heard that plotline before? Now all we need are a pair of incompetent villains and the "homage" is complete.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 03:21   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Hmm, so the implications of the hunt are you beat the crap out of other digimon, then force them to fight for you. Former contender takes a younger newbie under his wing and douchebag rivals. Where have I heard that plotline before? Now all we need are a pair of incompetent villains and the "homage" is complete.
Does certainly feel like we're going the pokemon route with this one. I mean you beat the crap out of these digimon and now they are fine to work with. Does sound like the Xros-Loaders have picked up the Pokeballs bizarre brainwashing ability .

No wonder Shoutmon let Tagiru finish it. That's not how Taiki works, they don't build a team via weak bonds like that.

The restrictions does make it seem like we're not going to be seeing X5 any time soon. If they can only use one at a time that definitely limits things. Though guess that allows us to see things we wouldn't otherwise like OmegaShoutmon using that cannon.

Anyone think Kiriha might be offended that Taiki insinuated from that photo that he was part of Xros Heart . Already trying to erase Blue Flare from the history books eh Taiki ?

Regardless have to say Taiki and Shoutmon getting back into this definitely helped things out. Still feels weaker than the first Xros Wars, but it can still improve.
Old 2011-10-11, 05:34   Link #132
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Well, surprisely, I prefer this season.
It feels a little confusing at first but it's gonna be okay with one or two more episodes.

I think the most unexpected is the choice for the partners.
They are not mascot-materials (except for gumdramon, Shoutmon is now so badass he'll probably beat the crap out of me for calling him a mascot), for the better. It's like pulling the joker out of a card game.

Yuu's one is just a poop, after all. And it seems his ninja-mode is now his digivolve form.

I'm eager to see the route it will take.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 08:27   Link #133
gameboy234

Just watched ep 2. The animation for digixross is kinda cheap and too simply imo..

Graphic when omegashoutmon fire the cannon looks poor.

Amazed by how tagiru 'bounced' when he got throwed..

Not fascinated by the hunting game and the rule..It just makes the anime more predictable..
Old 2011-10-11, 09:15   Link #134
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Not fascinated by the hunting game and the rule..It just makes the anime more predictable..
Yeah, this is what they say every time a Digimon season begins...

Anyway, though the animation wasn't as great as in the first episode, it still was pretty good.
Old 2011-10-11, 10:50   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Guess it makes sense to just call it Xros Up and the name since with the ability to only Xros with one digimon it really limits things. Though you'd think in this kind of situation Kiriha would be even more useful since we've already got a super evolution for MetalGreymon. But guess they want to go with a main group this time of all tiny digimon.
Old 2011-10-11, 12:36   Link #136
gameboy234

Sound like i'm too negative.

I hope the capturing phase will be short and not a critical part of the story..
Old 2011-10-11, 14:52   Link #137
Homura7

^If anything, it serves as the way for Tagiru to gather his digimon partners. Or how do you expect him to rival with Taiki if not?
Old 2011-10-11, 16:20   Link #138
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
^If anything, it serves as the way for Tagiru to gather his digimon partners. Or how do you expect him to rival with Taiki if not?
It still sounds a bit cheap. Just beating up on some digimon and suddenly they are teammates. Kind of goes against the Xros Heart bonds that were brought up so much in the first season. Plus if this is some kind of trap or plot Tagiru is playing right into it. Something weird about it anyways.

The real question is who that old guy is, who decided on these rules, and who created those new Xros Loaders? DarkKnightmon shouldn't have needed to make more than he did. It's not impossible that someone figured out how to create them, but the question would remain who and why. The old guy may simply be the dealer who pulls people into this.
Old 2011-10-11, 17:03   Link #139
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It still sounds a bit cheap. Just beating up on some digimon and suddenly they are teammates. Kind of goes against the Xros Heart bonds that were brought up so much in the first season. Plus if this is some kind of trap or plot Tagiru is playing right into it. Something weird about it anyways.

The real question is who that old guy is, who decided on these rules, and who created those new Xros Loaders? DarkKnightmon shouldn't have needed to make more than he did. It's not impossible that someone figured out how to create them, but the question would remain who and why. The old guy may simply be the dealer who pulls people into this.
Precisely this. The whole "hunt digimons and make them your teammates" contradicts the whole bonds thing. With the exception of Gundramon, the other two digimon are nothing but peons.

This is why I believe Tagiru has yet to meet his true digimon partners, apart of Gundramon.
Old 2011-10-12, 00:45   Link #140
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just watched episode 1 and 2.
So now they can only Reload one Digimon at a time? I guess it's balanced by more kid having Xros Loader, but still, to only hear their voice on Xros Loader without they interact to each other is rather disappointing.

Now I get why they still include Taiki and Shoutmon, Tagiru and Gumdramon are too..... energetic and straightforward, in a bad way. And on episode 1, Gumdramon looks like planning something to take advantage of Tagiru, is it just so he can be stronger than Shoutmon? He looked evil there so I thought he plan something big XD

I wonder what happen to other Xros Heart members like Jijimon, Chibikamemon, etc. I especially want to know about Beelzebumon and Mervamon, lol XD
1 year on real/human world equal how many years on Digital world by the way?

Btw, 'Tagiru Chikara' is awesome