AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2004-12-12, 14:19   Link #121
UnDeaD

Acording to a Forum, the Text below the Fullmetal Alchemist Logo in this pages http://www.shochiku.co.jp/hagaren/top.html may be the subtitle of the movie, and they translated it as: Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala.

The definition of Shambala: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shambala

Let the especulations begin...

Last edited by UnDeaD; 2004-12-12 at 15:10.
UnDeaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:06   Link #122
Steffa
Ninja Guru

i think that shambala is the gateway from the real world to the alchemy world maybe it's there that the elric brothers will meet up again....
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:56   Link #123
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
i think that shambala is the gateway from the real world to the alchemy world maybe it's there that the elric brothers will meet up again....
Sounds like a good theory, so maybe Ed hikes through the Himalayas until he finds Shambala? That is a pretty cool premise for the movie, I must say.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 09:44   Link #124
AngelicFeather
AnGel's fEaTheRs

Just finished the series, doesnt really like the ending since it looks uncomplete. But VERY looking forward to the movie, but then it will not be shown in Singapore, tts disppointing!!! Hope i can watch it somewhere though....
AngelicFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 19:04   Link #125
Rini-chan
Anime Princess

Send a message via AIM to Rini-chan Send a message via MSN to Rini-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Rini-chan
i cant wait till the movie!!!!! i hope it will up for download cause i know that it will take 2 years just to get to america i wished i lived in japan i hope a decent trailer comes out soon i dont think i can wait till 2005
Rini-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 18:39   Link #126
KevLar
ir

Send a message via AIM to KevLar
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/f...=0&#entry66870

go
KevLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 11:33   Link #127
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Oh...my...God...please...don't tell me that the movie is going to take place in an alternate universe or a side story in the FMA timeline....

Oh..my...God...please be a continuation of the series....Oh...my...GOD!!! NOOO!!!!!!
NONONONONO!NO!NO!NONONONONO!!!!! PLEASE NOOOO!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!

PAKU ROMI NOT AS ED?! NOOOO NOOOOOOO!!!!!
ED LESS AIR TIME??? NOOOOOOO NOOOOOO!!!!!
STORY TAKE PLACE IN A MOVING CASTLE?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL?! NOOOO!!!!!
GUNDAM-WANA-BE-CHAR DUDE?! NOOOOO NOOOOO!!!!!

GO TO HELL BONES!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 03:30   Link #128
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Wow... the teaser trailer seemed to show Ed with his automail and such... but it shows absolutely nothing that would indicate that it continues the story from episode 51... so it maybe just a side-story... if they really went this route... then it's really disappointing that the anime ends like that......

Well... here's to hoping that they're just tricking us all with that trailer... and the movie will actually continue and finish the story from the TV show...

a link to the trailer was posted in the boards at Fullmetal-Alchemist.com (KevLar already posted a link to the thread)....
Old 2004-12-28, 14:25   Link #129
crazyXsunshine

augh from the new trailer... yeah. looks like it'll be a random side story... me feelings is.. .WTF.
the ending was crap... with ed going I"M GONNA GO TO OUTERSPACE TO SEE AL...
and that was prettty vague. so the movie was supposed to be a continuation but now it's ed with his automail and al with his armor body... when i saw al i was definitely thinking NOOOOOOOOOOO... it better not be really weird like the naruto movie
crazyXsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 18:45   Link #130
Feral

WHAT?! A side story?! No...NO NO...Dammit, eat fecal matter and die you storyboard bastards!

*rolls over and cries
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 22:54   Link #131
ChainLegacy
廉頗

That is most definitely extremely disappointing to me, another thing to add to my list of current annoyances
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 10:31   Link #132
KevLar
ir

This is what I make of this trailer:

Was the pain of our seperation the price for something?
proves it's post episode 51

This is OUR world!
Someone from the otherside of the gate (where Ed is now) comes over.

That much can be inferred. I must reflect on it more before I make further conclusions.

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/f...showtopic=2181
Old 2004-12-29, 13:11   Link #133
Steel Guardian

Maybe it's something like this..

The Thule society (the Array-worshipping people Hohenheim was being buddy-buddy with) finds their way to Island of Thule, only it's Shambala, which is Amestris. Ed gets back to Amestris too the same way they did, but it costs Al's body all over again. Or the Gate gives back Al his memories of their travels, and then puts him back in armor as a payment. Meanwhile, Ed is back in his 15-year-old body because it was the body he last had in Amestris.
Steel Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 15:26   Link #134
KevLar
ir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Guardian
Maybe it's something like this..

The Thule society (the Array-worshipping people Hohenheim was being buddy-buddy with) finds their way to Island of Thule, only it's Shambala, which is Amestris. Ed gets back to Amestris too the same way they did, but it costs Al's body all over again. Or the Gate gives back Al his memories of their travels, and then puts him back in armor as a payment. Meanwhile, Ed is back in his 15-year-old body because it was the body he last had in Amestris.
I've tried to work that situation out in different ways but I can't get it to feel right. The main objection is that Ed would die/kill so that Al doesn't have to go back to how he was. If Ed was tricked into it he would be so emotionally damaged that the story would have an even greater melodramatic theme than the show. There's one thing we're missing...
Old 2004-12-29, 16:14   Link #135
Hatter
Never Knows Best

I think it would be a pretty big cop-out on BONES' part if they did a "return everything to the status quo" move like that. I'm giving them a bit more credit. They wouldn't have given us that series ending if they didn't plan to continue it.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 19:21   Link #136
HaneKu

I'm glad to see FullMetal Alchemist the movie.

Maybe they will fight with bad people or not.

Spoiler:

I'm answering with you jo_jo_14_6 now.

Spoiler:
HaneKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 15:49   Link #137
jo_jo14_6
jo_jo14_6

I am so confused now...i just saw the movie trailer....the movie trailer doesn't seem like it's a continuation of the series and it seems just like a side line story...but then at the beginning ed says..."Was the pain of our seperation the price for something?"...this shows that it probly is though! :'( i am so confused!!! And wat's this i hear about Ed's voice changing?! It shouldn't! We've already grown attached to the way Ed's voice was in the series! His voice shouldn't change! Man....i really really REALLY hope that this movie is a continuation of the series...but how can it be though?! Al's back in his metal body...Ed looks like he didn't age at all and is back in his red coat outfit...this really looks like it's just gonna be a story that was pulled out from the timeline of Ed's and Al's journey...but the beginning of the trailer and wat ed says! OMG!!! THIS IS REALLY MIND BOGGLING!!!
jo_jo14_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 21:56   Link #138
sakura_wingz

Send a message via ICQ to sakura_wingz Send a message via MSN to sakura_wingz
so excited!! has there been a date set?
sakura_wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 22:01   Link #139
sakura_wingz

its a TEASER not a trailer
Old 2004-12-31, 22:04   Link #140
sakura_wingz

and it can't be a substory if the movie is set 2 years after the events in episode 51