AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-04, 01:12   Link #381
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 75: The Amusement Park of Dreams, Digimon Land!

The Sephirotmon featured in this episode was leagues creepier and psychotic in comparison to the one from Digimon Frontier (series 4), and those children laughs were just too disturbing for me.

That's enough what I want to rant for this episode.

But, at last, a serious arc finally comes in the next episode:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 11:36   Link #382
Homura7

After watching the new episode, I find it impossible to not like this season.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 11:47   Link #383
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
After watching the new episode, I find it impossible to not like this season.
Because they're desperately throwing fanservice at us ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 12:02   Link #384
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Because they're desperately throwing fanservice at us ?
Because it was more than I expected initially.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 12:52   Link #385
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Spoiler:
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 20:11   Link #386
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So maybe this season will be better if they make it ala Kamen Rider Decade or Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger after all :\
Old 2012-03-14, 10:09   Link #387
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

When you thought #22 was great with War Greymon & Taichi, Masaru & Shining Greymon, and Arresterdramon Superior Mode, #23 gives you Arresterdramon xros Ogremon, Astamon xros Triceramon, Arresterdramon xros Astamon, and the return of Beelzebumon and Shoutmon X7 (with "We are Xros Heart X7)!! X3

And the preview for #24, daaaaamn~
Spoiler for #24:

Suddenly this show becomes awesome! XD
Old 2012-03-14, 15:08   Link #388
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 76: Golden Insect! The Mystery of MetallifeKuwagamon

For episode 22nd we got ourselves a serious arc, at last, but coming too late given that this show is ending in four episodes (three with episode 23rd aired a while ago).

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2012-03-19 at 11:15.
Old 2012-03-16, 10:51   Link #389
gameboy234

Appearance of x7 feels great. Maybe cause recent ep is boring..
Still x7 lack passion or emotional build up.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:05   Link #390
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Spoiler for episode 24:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 02:31   Link #391
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least it sounds like they are finally trying with this series now. Might be worth coming back to it after a very long....break. Will have to carefully browse and figure out just when the series actually got better.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:17   Link #392
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
At least it sounds like they are finally trying with this series now. Might be worth coming back to it after a very long....break. Will have to carefully browse and figure out just when the series actually got better.
3 or 4 episodes at most before the ending is probably where you're looking.

Mosts of the twists by the end weren't so well built up to imo. Maybe I just missed some subtle hints laced into the boring weeks.

Spoiler for 78:
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 11:17   Link #393
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I haven't watched this in going on two months, so I'm in the same boat. I have planned to catch up eventually though, I'm just waiting for there to be an episode that really feels worth watching that would motivate me to trudge through the filler (because I don't want to outright skip episodes).

Out of curiosity, has it been explained how the old guy rounded up the old protags? I really, really hope so (and that if it hasn't been said yet, that it will be).
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 12:14   Link #394
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Am I the only one who actually feels less interested in the series now that shit is hitting the fan? I actually enjoyed the series more before this.

It's mostly because of the lack of buildup. It's like BAM! final arc wait what big bad where'd everything come from?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 17:31   Link #395
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Am I the only one who actually feels less interested in the series now that shit is hitting the fan? I actually enjoyed the series more before this.

It's mostly because of the lack of buildup. It's like BAM! final arc wait what big bad where'd everything come from?
I'm disliking it because it just feels like a grab for attention... I mean, bringing back all the heroes? What? And now this development.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 17:54   Link #396
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I'm disliking it because it just feels like a grab for attention... I mean, bringing back all the heroes? What? And now this development.
It's called cheating the audience, and how do they accomplish this?

By singlehandedly throwing a bunch of interesting stuff happening in a whole episode without having hinted or warned the audience beforehand in the previous episodes.

It's for the purpose of nabbing the audience but has the counter-productive effect of cheapening the story's value.
Old 2012-03-19, 02:13   Link #397
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Not sure what "this development" is due to the aforementioned not being caught up on episodes, but I for one didn't have a problem with the old protagonists returning, in theory. If the show had been given more time to bring them in, and if it actually bothers to explain how they got there (the only cross-season connection I'm aware of is 01/02-Tamers, by way of the Ryo games), it could have been really cool.

I liked it better when it seemed as though they might be working against Tagiru/Taiki/Yuu, though.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 09:47   Link #398
Hikari no Clover

I just watched ep.78, the second last ep, just one more to go, I am seriously getting excited seeing all those people returning. one thing I wasn't satisfied with was that lame insert song used for the battle, should have used brave heart instead, I am sure this would have made the ep 100 times better.

just a rough calculation, the invincible Daimon managed to kill 7 vampires in this ep, the most among all human/digimon, as expected from the strongest digimon ever
Old 2012-03-19, 11:13   Link #399
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 77: All is Revealed! The Secret of the Digimon Hunt!

Geez, I'm still an episode behind, but the awesome crazy stuff is not stopping.

The original Xros Heart team assembled all together for X7's return to kick some Diablomon's butt.

While the old man's explanation as to the Digimon Hunt has answered the secret, still it doesn't explan his suspicious actions in this episode seen around looking like he was scanning data around the place.

Now, I know that someone of you at the very beginning of the show posted that DigiQuartz was formed due to either:
1. In the previous season, when Baguramon forcefully open the way to connect both the Digital World with the Earth to invade the latter.
2. Or due to Baguramon's data after his defeat to everyone with X7.

However, Ryouma's flashback from a year ago may hint that DigiQuartz had already existed at the time of Baguramon's conquering campaign in the Digital World, that means by that time Quartzmon was already borned but at an infancy level incapable to stand on its own.

What I think it happened was that Quartzmon took advantage of Baguramon's data after the latter's demise and used it to copy itself and grow stronger pretty fast over the course of a year. Cut to the Hunter's present timeline a year after, and Quartzmon became powerful enough to spread DigiQuartz into the human world.
The old man likely found out about Quartzmon during the one-year interim but couldn't fight it by himself, hence, he opened up the idea to settle Hunters from all over Japan and the rest of the world.

Given that the old man may have understimated Quartzmons' abilities again, then he next settle to gather the heroes from other Digimon timelines, and I mean Taichi and the other boys from the previous season.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:53   Link #400
gameboy234

Spoiler for 78:
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote