AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-13, 13:57   Link #101
leokiko

Better than the first, great action and plot advancement.

But the weird animation and dubbing still bothers me...
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 16:17   Link #102
SkoolRumble4Ya

Sio looks so cool with her gun blasting the shit out of the monsters. It's nice she has one good friend. Time for her training to begin and for her to get molested by hentai instructor, going by the preview.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 17:15   Link #103
Qilin
Romanticist

This show is, if nothing else, visually interesting. I can understand why some might see its visual style as obnoxious, but I like it as long as it doesn't trip over its own narrative. I'll be following this for now.

And yes, watching Nobunaga Oda laugh maniacally over a sea of flames is a huge draw.
Old 2014-01-13, 17:36   Link #104
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was a pretty great second episode. I don't know but for some reason I have a feeling that this show is going to get depressing later on... not sure why yet...

It's visually very interesting, and I like it.

I was really annoyed at the obnoxious comments the people being interviewed were saying.

It's nice that she has a friend now.

I have hopes in this show, but am surprised that they are going to fit so many characters into a 13 episode show (from the opening/ending).
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 20:28   Link #105
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Not sure if I really enjoyed it....it was weird.....
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 23:11   Link #106
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

This is also I think the first time I've seen Taiwan get stomped by a giant monster.
Though I'm sure there are Taiwanese kaiju movies.
Old 2014-01-14, 18:32   Link #107
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Better than the first, great action and plot advancement.

But the weird animation and dubbing still bothers me...
The animation actually reminds me a little bit of Samurai Jack
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 23:47   Link #108
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 02

Shio this is done on a friends that she can count, even if the whole world is talking behind her back ... is really good
Old 2014-01-19, 08:29   Link #109
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 11:31   Link #110
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I'm really not feeling it, much the same way I wasn't feeling it last week. The first episode kinda handled the whole slice of life/comedy bits -> action transition well, but ever since then I've been unable to really enjoy what the show's been doing. I mean, we've had her destroying 200 enemies in the first episode, yet now we're treated to a whole episode of training where she was unable to land a SINGLE shot to anything moving. And yet, with how this episode ended, I'm certain that next week she's going to go out there and actually fight off decently and pull off some miracle.

This wouldn't be an issue if the show didn't take itself all that seriously, but that's the thing, I don't think the writers are doing a very good job at conveying that. If the girl who can't land a single shot at training is going to magically power-up next week just because she's going to face some real enemies, then why have us sit through 20 minutes of training that ends up showing no progress whatsoever? Just make a quick montage and get on with the blowing up monsters and what not. I know for certain I'd have appreciated it more.

I'll tune in next week to see how things go, but right now I'm a lot less thrilled about Nobunagun than I was after the premiere. Most of that crazy energy seems to have disappeared and what's left isn't particularly impressive.
Old 2014-01-19, 13:10   Link #111
Tenzen12

1. I don't realy understand your point about "taking itself seriously". We are talking about Nobunaga, Gandhi and Jack the Ripper fighting against allien invasion after all. Everything goes as long as it's cool enough.

2.Objective of whole training was cure Shio from her amaterism. Through that training session she did realised her flaws and it was implied she also has idea how to correct these. Actualy I would be very disapointed if she didn't showed some good results next time.

On unrelated note I expected Harold and co. live at least whole episode or two before killing them off. What a pitty...
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 13:43   Link #112
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
On unrelated note I expected Harold and co. live at least whole episode or two before killing them off. What a pitty...
they are carrying around revealing photos of a schoolgirl.......they deserved their fate lol
Old 2014-01-19, 13:47   Link #113
Tenzen12

Would they deserve their fate if they used revealing girl picture as their internet avatar instead?
Old 2014-01-19, 14:13   Link #114
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
1. I don't realy understand your point about "taking itself seriously". We are talking about Nobunaga, Gandhi and Jack the Ripper fighting against allien invasion after all. Everything goes as long as it's cool enough.
Sure thing -- and that's exactly what this episode lacked fo me. Being cool, at all. The training just had very little interest to it and most of it featured her standing in one place and shooting things while completely missing her targets. Not exactly a worthwhile training session to be shown, if you ask me.

And maybe taking itself seriously isn't the best way to put it, but as you've said, you've got a premise that involves Nobunaga, Jack the Ripper and Gandhi fighting off an alien invasion, yet, after three full episodes, we've had about... what, 15 minutes of that? The rest has been spent on other things -- some that worked, such as Shio and Asao's relationship, and some that felt very, very pointless, such as this training episode. The objective might've been to cure her from her amateurism, as you put it, but in practice what they did show was her being completely useless. The one moment where it seemed like some improvement was going to be seen, they went for a gag, thus just "implying" that she may or may not have gotten better. If you're spending 20 minutes on it, that's definitely not how I'd end up a training episode.

Plus, it does bug me, because it's like the show itself wants to make me point out how random some things are. In episode 1/2 she's able to kill two hundreded of those things, even if she's obviously not experienced. Yet, right after that she has to go training and... she can't hit a single thing, not even accidentally. See, I wouldn't question her sudden power level if you'd put her on the next battle and had her sharpen her skills in the middle of a crisis situation, but instead the show opted to add some "realism" to it by having her train, and that's... simply not working right now for me. Just gimme more over the top stuff and I'll be happy again.
Old 2014-01-19, 14:18   Link #115
Dop
Mmmm....

Did you miss the bit in the second episode where she kept missing her targets because of the recoil from constant rapid fire, and that she had to get Newton to step on her to dampen the recoil before she could hit anything with precision?

Because THAT was the lesson they were trying to get her to learn this episode.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:19   Link #116
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Plus, it does bug me, because it's like the show itself wants to make me point out how random some things are. In episode 1/2 she's able to kill two hundreded of those things, even if she's obviously not experienced. Yet, right after that she has to go training and... she can't hit a single thing, not even accidentally. See, I wouldn't question her sudden power level if you'd put her on the next battle and had her sharpen her skills in the middle of a crisis situation, but instead the show opted to add some "realism" to it by having her train, and that's... simply not working right now for me. Just gimme more over the top stuff and I'll be happy again.
In episode 2 they made a point that she aim sucks though. She was only able to hit them at range when she had Newton stabilizing her gun or when they were in melee range. In the simulations, the enemies are a lot smaller, and she was told that her job was to shoot them as a sniper, not engage them in melee.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:22   Link #117
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

No, I didn't miss it, I'm just questioning whether or not you really do need 20 minutes to show that, especially done in the most boring way possible and missing the one chance they had to show some sort of practical growth after her training. What I mean is that, to me, it'd be okay (even preferable) if you bullshit an explanation to that or if she "just learns it" as she goes, if the situation she's in is actually interesting, instead of having to sit through... this. After all, this is indeed a show about Nobunaga and other famous personalities fighting off aliens, so certainly the belivability of her skills are... well, less than important.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2014-01-19 at 14:38.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:29   Link #118
Tenzen12

It wasn't just about training but also world building and characterisation. In short it given DOGOO to human face. Personaly I enjoyed it so I disagree about it being boring as well.
Old 2014-01-19, 14:33   Link #119
ReddyRedWolf

For the US Air Force guy I saw that death flag when he said goodbye with Sio.

What is with the Bananas and Kiwis? Fruits make me think of KR Gaim. This week is another check on the Butcher Bingo on that.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:35   Link #120
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
For the US Air Force guy I saw that death flag when he said goodbye with Sio.
For the US Air Force guy I saw that death flag when he said hello