Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2016-09-08, 09:48   Link #2881
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

The Truman Show
Old 2016-09-08, 10:48   Link #2882
Peanutbutter

I finally got it. The humans are Mexicans and the Titans are Americans!

How is this gonna end at Vol. 20? Seems like it can go on for another 100 volumes with this revelation.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 11:03   Link #2883
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I finally got it. The humans are Mexicans and the Titans are Americans!

How is this gonna end at Vol. 20? Seems like it can go on for another 100 volumes with this revelation.
then don't explore it at all, exploring new world means starting world building etc from 0. they reveal it just for the end twist. story probably end when human inside trump walls are freed from titans.

it's like when japan sport manga went world cup, it's always absolutely terrible because of bunch of new and undeveloped characters and setting all of sudden.
Old 2016-09-08, 12:10   Link #2884
kitten320

Vol 20? Roughly how many more chapters would that be?
Old 2016-09-08, 14:34   Link #2885
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Vol 20? Roughly how many more chapters would that be?
Negative two. We're well into volume 21 content already.

The twenty volume thing was the author's estimate from several years ago. It was never a hard and fast "I have every scene planned out in detail" number. Clearly the political arc ran long, but things seem to be on track for a conclusion sometime within the next year (I'd bet the anime will run a full year and be timed to end at the same time as the manga.)
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 14:36   Link #2886
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semblance_of_Power View Post
Anyway, in regards to the revelation from this chapter...

Spoiler for 85:

Even if this assumption is correct, it just raises a dozen more interesting questions. Suddenly this story got very compelling again.
I agree...

Spoiler for Chapter 85:
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 14:37   Link #2887
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally, the greatest mystery is about to get cleared up. It took a lot of time, but we're here!
Old 2016-09-08, 19:04   Link #2888
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

My reaction to this new chapter's revelation is basically this

I can't tell whether it's a good twist or a bad twist, but I am amazed. I wonder if there is some sort of antagonist at the moment.
Old 2016-09-08, 19:17   Link #2889
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

What's this? Some kind of a maze runner?

edit: Thank you Levi for destroying the basement door.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 23:57   Link #2890
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I agree...

Spoiler for Chapter 85:
I have a theory:
Spoiler for Theory:
Old 2016-09-09, 00:09   Link #2891
BoyTitan

Quote:
I agree...

Spoiler for Chapter 85:

Everyone inside the walls are probably titans and could potential end humanity....Or rule.
Old 2016-09-09, 05:07   Link #2892
Brother Coa
Banned

These are interesting theories indeed, I cannot wait to see if they are true or not.
Old 2016-09-09, 08:46   Link #2893
Sixth
Hu Tao

Interesting twist. Now I get it how Monkey Titan knew about the baseball and was genuinely surprised that "humans in the wall" developed something interesting such as 3d manuver gear.

I wonder what and how would they react in the next chapter? Waging war with outer wall humans are literally impossible because of the military welfare difference.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 13:49   Link #2894
Brother Coa
Banned

We don't even know what kind of civilisation they have outside the walls.

If I am to judge by photo it would be late 1890's but it can very well be 1990's....

Or even what first chapter suggested - year 4001.
Old 2016-09-09, 20:38   Link #2895
Jmariofan7

Quote:

If I am to judge by photo it would be late 1890's but it can very well be 1990's....

The first chapter's title could be more a metaphor for the more advanced societies outside the wall.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 21:14   Link #2896
game2007

Quote:

The photo might be a themed one.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 14:17   Link #2897
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:

Exactly. The photo suggests an industrial or post industrial civilization, nothing modern or even futuristic.

I don't think they have really that many effective weapons against titans, if they had they would be using them, instead the people from outside the walls rely on titan powers, which means whatever weaponry they have developed, using titan powers is still more effective.

There are also many reasons to doubt that humanity outside the walls is really prospering and being happy.

1) Berthold has a memory of his village being attacked by titans, one of which we know was Ymir. This pretty much means that they aren't really living in absolutely safe conditions from titan attacks.

2) Annie has been trained very hard by her father, who taught her to hate their enemies. It didn't really seem like they were leading a happy life.

3) All that sense of urgency of retrieving the coordinate seems to indicate that they really need it. They are risking their own lives and they are willing to commit genocide for it (and we have seen in many occasions that they aren't psychopaths, they don't really wish to kill, and they even feel sorry for having to do that.) It really looks like they are in a life or death situation to me.

Of course all of this could be explained if there are not two but three factions. The people who live inside the walls, the group of people which BRA are part of, and then another group of people that live in peace and harmony leaving the rest on their own against titans.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 07:36   Link #2898
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I'm not sure how much importance can be given to this detail, but the beast titan in human form had some really modern looking pants and specially military type boots.
Well I understand that a lot of people believe that this is planet Earth whose history branched into a different direction because of Titans, but I personally don't at the very least I don't think that's probable.

Because of that I don't think that the technological advancements in this world must necessarily mirror that of our world especially for what concerns clothing.

Quote:
wait, I just realized he was controlling regular titans this whole battle, how does that fit in with their idea that they're also under siege by regular titans and that's why they need the coordinate power?
I can only make hypotheses here, but I guess the fact that among them there are people who can control titans is the very reason they have survived this long, unless... they also have their own walls. However I doubt that access to titan powers is something that they all have. I'd expect Zeke to have come with a group of human titans like himself if that was the case, but as far as we know he brought only one. So in other words they have probably a limited number of people who can become human titans.

The reason why they need the coordinate is also pretty unclear right now, maybe the problem with titans is reaching a point where their own power to control them isn't enough anymore or maybe there's an even more important reason.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 20:58   Link #2899
GDB

I'm torn on the chapter. On the one hand, it had some good plot advancement. On the other hand, it took an entire chapter to cover what could've been covered in about a third of a chapter.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 13:01   Link #2900
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Negative two. We're well into volume 21 content already.

The twenty volume thing was the author's estimate from several years ago. It was never a hard and fast "I have every scene planned out in detail" number. Clearly the political arc ran long, but things seem to be on track for a conclusion sometime within the next year (I'd bet the anime will run a full year and be timed to end at the same time as the manga.)

Hmm... kinda like FMA? Ok cool...

With recent chapter, am I wrong to expect Annie awakening soon? I mean, they know that there are people outside the walls. Annie is part of them and the only prisoner they can question.

I'm assuming they will try to wake her up to get the information and possibly have her lead them there. Having two titans on their side, it's possible to restrict her.

If that's the case, count me excited for future events.