AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-12-24, 18:31   Link #81
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

^-- The perks menu is so filled with winks and nods to iconic [cyberpunk] movies and series it should go consult a neuropathologist:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ekv5e6m461.png

And as you can see, the devs from CDPR are familiar with GITS.
Old 2020-12-26, 02:45   Link #82
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
^-- The perks menu is so filled with winks and nods to iconic [cyberpunk] movies and series it should go consult a neuropathologist:

That is actually pretty cool

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 20:26   Link #83
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

JUst heard an interview snipped where someone from CRDP said the Yaiba Kusanagi motorbike is a direct reference to the Major.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-06, 11:42   Link #84
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

First major expansion: Phantom Liberty.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I recently completed my second playthrough of CP2077, though this time I went for a Nomad lifepath instead of Corpo and actually made a point to complete all gigs, all NCPD scanner reports, all collectibles and all available side missions (I previously eschewed the Jefferson Peralez, River Ward and Kerry Eurodyne story arcs and directly started the Don't Fear the Reaper ending). I opted for The Star ending and I must say that the lead-up to it was more exciting than DFTR. A pity I can't attack the tunnel boring site afterwards to collect whatever I didn't have the time to loot, but I don't think I missed anything worth the detour. Only things I didn't complete were A Beast In Me (I suck at car races and am not looking forward to this) and I actually failed several unexpected Epistrophy encounters, which means I cannot get to conclusion of the Delamain arc (and CDPR doesn't provide ways to reset this).

That said, when everything was said and done, I must say...and, mind you, this is an issue endemic to most big cities (e.g. Los Santos) in open-world games and CP2077 is far from alone in the commission of this sin...Night City is dreadfully boring once you rid it of the bandits and other big disturbances. On my 2nd playthrough, I decided to side with NetWatch instead of staying chummy (or should I say, "choom-y"?) with the Voodoo Boys, and that confrontation removed a lot of the VBs in Pacifica, which City Hall considers exceptionally lawless by NC standards. By the time I went to meet Hanako at Embers, which is the point of no-return story-wise, I had made Night City so safe I had to travel through whole neighborhoods to find 6th Street, Valentinos, Tyger Claws or Maelstrom gangers I could use as guinea pigs for testing my weapon inventory (which I regret not having fully explored until late in the game).

All in all, yeah, it was high time the game wrapped itself up. CDPR unfortunately didn't do much to generate random encounters and scenarios for the player the way Bethesda Softworks' Radiant Engine did for Skyrim. I hoped for more post-main storyline content, but nah. But as I said, this somber fact applies to many OW games, not just CP2077.

On a side note, it is worthy reminding oneself that no matter how many gangoons, mercs, MaxTacs and cyberpsychos one takes down, in the end the player remains completely helpless against the true horrors hiding within the heart of Night City, which treats people as but meat for the grinder. The shards, news reports and extra literature make no secret just how much of a cesspit the world has become and how the moral and living standards in the 2070s just...dropped through the floor all the way down to the boiler room with potential to delve even deeper. From the nightmare fuel that is the revelation of what your food is actually made from (hint: it wriggles), all the way to how callously Corporations treat their lessers, it is no wonder that so many of the citizens want to leave the place but just can't. So, yeah, by the time I went for The Star ending, Night City had lost a lot of its charm; all the glitter and concrete just cannot hide just how horrible it is to live there...but that should be stupidly obvious given the number of criminals, drug addicts, downtrodden citizens and homeless people you meet on the sidewalk. Unlike the Witcher 3's Toussaint and Novigrad, it's not a place you'd love to tread and explore forever.

And this is where we must give Caesar what he is duly owed: for all the bugs they seeded the game with as a result of poor management and the investor pressure and deadlines they didn't have the courage to push back, CD Projekt Red did an absolutely top-tier job with the world-building. The universe they fleshed out is absolutely fantastic, from the music to the character/technical designs.

Now...about this DLC...
TL;DR…
comments on expansion

Last edited by Renegade334; 2022-09-07 at 04:21. Reason: Edited for clarity
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-04, 15:31   Link #85
Alchemist007
*Author

Sequel announced.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CDPROJEKT...17455524929538
Old 2022-10-13, 16:38   Link #86
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:

This amuses me greatly, especially as posergangs are very much a thing in the setting. For example, one of the plot seeds in the Protect & Serve sourcebook mentions a Trek-themed posergang (with, apparently, a specific focus on Starfleet, which would explain in part their being noted as 'generally well-behaved'); in Home of the Brave one of the sidebar blurbs invokes an anime-themed posergang (with explicit reference to a certain alien princess known for flight, tiger-patterned clothing, and green hair).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 03:23   Link #87
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

Whole new district: Dogtown.
ETA: 2023.09.26
Old 2023-06-27, 15:01   Link #88
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

Last edited by Renegade334; 2023-08-22 at 15:25.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-22, 15:22   Link #89
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

squeeeeeeeeee

Tags
cyberpunk, rpg