AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-13, 20:10   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Gai's power

Ok we all have seen what makes Kakashi so special and why he is quite the genius but the Anime has also told us how Gai can not only compete with him but compete well enough to beat Kakashi a good amount of times. So what makes Gai so special? Sure he works hard and knows powerful Tai Jutsu but there has to be something more to Gai I would think. Does he know how to use the Lotus without damaging himself too badly or does he know how to open the gates without having such a huge after effect? Or is Gai just 3x the strength and speed of Rock Lee so its hard to keep up with him?
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 20:15   Link #2
LipidSama
Stupid Genin

so far no information about "special powers" is known. But Gai works out every day, keeps trainging, and belive in himself 100%. kakashi has been slacking off since he became a Jounin, so I think that has alot to do with it. and I bet Gai is 3x faster than Lee, I wonder if he wears weights and doesnt tell anyone. oh well, Gai Rocks!
LipidSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 20:15   Link #3
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
I don't think there is anything amazingly sepcial about Gai, apart from that he works damn hard and is damn good at being a Ninja. Gai's abilitys are equal of that Kakashi, but Kakashi doesn't work nearly as hard.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 20:20   Link #4
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

True but everyone marvels at Kakashi and believes him to be the best and elite because he can do all sorts of jutsus and such but all ive seen gai do is puch and kick the hell out of people (don't get me wrong i don't mind seeing that everytime). Just was wondering if anyone did hear of a special tech or something he does.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 20:44   Link #5
eccentric
Just plain eccentric.

Nothing about any special techniques of Gai have been mentioned, even in the manga.
eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:10   Link #6
FearTheMullet

Well he knows lotus (he taught it to Lee)
He knows how to Open Gates (he taught it to Lee)

It's kinda funny how Lee, Sasuke, and Naruto have all learned an uber jutsu from their mentors.

Lee - Gate Opening + Lotus

Sasuke - Chidori

Naruto - Rasengan
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:18   Link #7
UserName

Well I would think that he would be the fastest person in Konoha, have the most stamina, and have the most power(excluding Tsunade but who knows how Gai's full strength is).

So I guess that is what is special about him.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:28   Link #8
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
I bet the turtles he summons are just like the racing slugs in The Neverending Story. Everybody's like, man, what a slow animal. Then zip! Dust clouds everywhere.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 23:10   Link #9
BrownRukus

Well, he can fight Kakashi without looking at him, meaning by only looking at his feet, seems pretty hard to me
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 23:21   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

Gai is basically a fully-trained Lee plus the ability to use jutsus, and minus the inability to win a fight.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 23:33   Link #11
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
its cause of the sharingan that kakashi isnt always at 100%, since its there all the time. plus he's a lazy a$$, still kakashis one bad mofo but gai is just so hard-working, hip, and funny LOL
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 23:33   Link #12
Asmedaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Gai is basically a fully-trained Lee plus the ability to use jutsus, and minus the inability to win a fight.

Harsh....Lee beat Sasuke....well...mostly. It's true though, seems like Lee always gets the opponents he can't beat.

I would think that Gai could open gates just like Lee, but I'm not sure how uncommon this is. I guess if it's common then Gai has trained enough so he is able to utilize the gates better and not hurt his body as much. It seems that not being properly trained in correct application of gates has drastic effects. So, I suppose Gai is just really good at close combat, with gates being his trump card.
Asmedaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 23:41   Link #13
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Well he knows lotus (he taught it to Lee)
He knows how to Open Gates (he taught it to Lee)

It's kinda funny how Lee, Sasuke, and Naruto have all learned an uber jutsu from their mentors.

Lee - Gate Opening + Lotus

Sasuke - Chidori

Naruto - Rasengan

Umm.. how is that funny? That's what they're SUPPOSED to be doing. And the only really uber attack is Naruto's Rasengan.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 00:49   Link #14
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Something I've been wondering is if it works to Kage Bunshin + Gate-opening... imagine 5 of Gai-sensei with a couple of gates open... ouch xD
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 01:16   Link #15
kboykb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
Umm.. how is that funny? That's what they're SUPPOSED to be doing. And the only really uber attack is Naruto's Rasengan.

Err.. I think they're all pretty uber.. chidori isn't a pushover just because it's a from a weaker ninja than the 4th (kakashi < 4th) .. and the gates.. definitely an uber technique when used wisely..
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 01:22   Link #16
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
Yeah, Kakashi could only open 3 gates out of the 8, when Lee could open 5....what's that say about Kakashi....panzy....

I like Gai, I'd really really like to see him get serious. I was bawling when he almost fought Itachi and he didn't, just to see what it would be like...that would rock.
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 07:54   Link #17
Marlin
Sakura's so cute!

Send a message via MSN to Marlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Sounds pretty unfair... he can open all the gates, becoming some super-monster, but in the end when it's time to die he was only the clone and the original was somewhere watching.
And remember kids... Gai hasn't even took off his Leg-warmers yet!
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 11:47   Link #18
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I doubt Gai and Kakashi have ever had a fully blown fight, well at least not at Jounin level, maybe when they were Genins/Chuunins*.
I think the contests they have nowadays are like the one we saw in episode 100. Rock paper scissors, who can do the most press-ups, 100 metre sprint ect ect .
If they fought now at their level someone is seriously gonna get hurt, hell even killed!
Maybe Gai used to kick Kakashi’s ass all the time, but then one day Kakashi gets a Sharingan eyeball, and he’s all like copying everybody’s Jutsu’s and using them on Gai.
Gai’s all like Wtf! I better start training like motherfucker!
And that’s why he’s so hell bent on hard work, because even with the Sharingan Gai Is still leading in their contests.
But all this doesn’t answer your question does it?
Ah well…….
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 12:01   Link #19
Byakug@n
Official Konoha Mascot

Gai is an interesting character and I like him a lot! He's hilarious, amusing and no doubt strong, however, I still dont see how we can judge Gai's strength on the bases that he's won the same number of matches or more (I forget it was like 48-48 or something) against Kakashi. I mean the stuff they do
Spoiler:

Pretty much all I'm saying is that until they go at it, I am skeptical of Gai's true power
Byakug@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 12:13   Link #20
xavier8200

So far we have seen Gai Summon a Turtle, punch lee a couple of times, Use his forehead protector to kick Jiraiya, Handle some sound nins with taijutsu, Loose at janken, walk roughly 500 laps on his hands (dont think he finished) and maybe im missing something else. It seems that Gai's dream or goal is to have Rock lee prove his goal. And lee's goal is to show that he can become a respectful ninja with just taijutsu (I think he already has).

What im tryin to say basically is that a character's strength is based on his ambitions it seems. Sasuke > Itachi, Naruto > Hokages, Hinata to change herself, Sakura to be with Sasuke, Shikamaru wants to lead an interesting life?

But the point is that the stronger the goal the stronger the character and since Gai's goal is to help Rock Lee I assume that he is not that great but he is a good fighter and is very entertaining.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote