AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 20:56   Link #2121
Avvesione

Hard to believe that the last chapter came on page 49. But there has been about 4 anime episodes with the whole plot divergence that kept everyone talking.

Shadowii, since you're so good with images, have you seen any scans yet for Megami's latest Needless picture? It's the one with Eve in the Santa outfit and Disk as a reindeer.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9...xpagemegam.jpg (nsfw... well, some of the images i guess)
^number 16 on that list

Anyway, there sure were a lot of characters introduced at St. Rose. I'm wondering if that's foreshadowing that the story might go back there sometime later. Or we see them out in Blackspot, like with Rin assisting Cruz. I'm sure Blade would like to check out the school if he had the chance
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 21:22   Link #2122
Sekirei07

With what has been said in the anime's second to last episode, how much of it do you think we can take of it actually applying to the real story?

Like in terms of who Saten is, Eve's origins, etc etc
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 21:25   Link #2123
shadowii

sorry never saw that one.

Blade being absent from the story made it "safe" to introduce saint rose
Spoiler for this guy dont look familar:
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 21:31   Link #2124
Sekirei07

^ what being said their lol

I have a feeling its something about what Blade would do if he got Black Madam's power

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2009-12-07 at 21:42.
Old 2009-12-07, 21:47   Link #2125
Avvesione

I don't think he'd need that fragment. It's not like it's hard to look up their skirts...

Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into the anime. Imai Kami had the manga planned out from the beginning and I don't think he'd give away some major plot twists like that just for the anime to make their own ending. We'll find out more about Eve and Saten in the next chapter which should answer your question.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:08   Link #2126
Homura7

That's true, Kami had all the story planned since before Needless Zero was even published. Proof of that are Needless 1.5. and the two stories that take place during Needless 2.

Anyway, I could translate that page with the guys wondering if Aruka is still in the town. The blonde one says the following:

"Speaking... Could it be that woman is still there?"

Then Cruz asks both Seto and Solva, but they deny. Solva thinks she probably returned, same thinks Disk. But Cruz suspects something and wonders if his sister really did that to help.

At the same time, the situations are kind different.

The first time, Aruka let Cruz escape through the sewers. She later explained the sewers were infested with testaments and thought Cruz would be killed fastly, so she had no need to assure herself if he died.

Now the situation is totally different. She blown the wall blocking their path, justifying her actions because she wants to see if Cruz can manage to survive. Now with Hatfield dead, they are most likely to not leave the town for a while. Who knows if Aruka, who probably waited for Cruz to escape through that path opened by her, could return and then find Hatfield's torn hat... I'm sure Aruka by no means expected Hatfield to be defeated. It's logic considering she talked about "surviving", not "killing your enemy".

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-12-08 at 10:25.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:57   Link #2127
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I don't think he'd need that fragment. It's not like it's hard to look up their skirts...

Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into the anime. Imai Kami had the manga planned out from the beginning and I don't think he'd give away some major plot twists like that just for the anime to make their own ending. We'll find out more about Eve and Saten in the next chapter which should answer your question.
Well,if he got that fragment...it might just be the most ultimate nightmare(to girl)

At bolded part
I wonder he write down the whole thing,or just keep all those idea in his mind(now come to think of it...maybe he has planned on the joke from the start...so we can laugh on everysingle one of the joke...haha)

But for some reason,I feel the whole thing will end less than 150 chapters
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 09:18   Link #2128
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
But for some reason,I feel the whole thing will end less than 150 chapters
Unlikely. Needless 1 and 2 prototypes had 2000 pages content, 1000 for each one. I would say the whole story will end with 200 chapters no less.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-12-08 at 09:29.
Old 2009-12-08, 09:24   Link #2129
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Hmm...that mean the manga will last for the next decade...wow
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 09:28   Link #2130
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Hmm...that mean the manga will last for the next decade...wow
And glad we are with that, right?
Old 2009-12-08, 10:02   Link #2131
shadowii

in any case we'll know in less then a week

Spoiler for but there is one thing thats obvious:
Old 2009-12-08, 10:29   Link #2132
Homura7

Anyone agrees with me that Aruka by no means expected Hatfield to be defeated? It should be, considering she talked about surviving, that's why she blown the wall.

And it's just me or is her kinetic aura vaporizing the rain?
Old 2009-12-08, 10:30   Link #2133
shadowii

^
no one knows, its unknown material she could be thinking anything. (and its shown she does not exactly value the lives of her subordinants)
with her track record believing he would run is the most suspected answer but needless is good at surprising people.
my point is lets just leave it.
technically speaking what she should have done when she saw Cruz, recognizing him instantly i may add, was sprint down there, go get him, and bring him to Arclight. Instead she did all this stuff. (then again if she had that would have been the end of needless)
We'll find out how her mind works later.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-12-08 at 10:49.
Old 2009-12-08, 10:57   Link #2134
Homura7

Well, it's true she doesn't value the lives of her subordinates, though the four eyes guy was killed because he saw what she did.

On the other hand, with Hatfield is a different story. Probably knowing no one from the town could be capable to defeat him, she blown the wall and opened a path thus raising the chance of surviving from 0 to 0.1 as she stated.

Question left is the following. Is she really back to Simeon, or is she waiting for Hatfield to come back? Or probably, she expected to see Cruz escaping alone as many people assume. That would have proved he indeed survived, but now with the intervention of Blade, Seto and Solva, they're going to spent a few hours or maybe even a day in the town.
Old 2009-12-08, 11:02   Link #2135
Sekirei07

True Aruka had the perfect chance to wipe them all out, although she still does since its unlikely that Blade as he is now can fight Aruka without any kind of heat manipulation fragment. Although he should have VSLB so he should have heat resistance...

My best guess for Blade at this point if he were to fight Aruka would be to use Hatfields water ability and let Aruka vaporize it causing a smoke screen which would blind her. Than sneak up on her and bash her in the face or headbutt her.

I think that would work best for Blade for now because it seems his metal structure allows him to not instantly disintegrate on contact (as seen when Aruka hit his arm and only his skin and flesh melted)

So he should be able to hit her with only a little bit of damage or gain her ability because the smoke might surprise her and she might drop her guard for a moment.

Or another possibility is by using both Rin and Hatfields ability to create a vacuum space. If Blade removes all HOH (water) and moves all molecules away via Rin's pressure than that could in theory create a space with no molecules in which Aruka's powers would not work. But that would take a genius to pull off...
Old 2009-12-08, 11:04   Link #2136
shadowii

That last panel with her seems to indicate that Cruz is the one on her mind not Hatfield, and if you survive can easily mean next time they meet. and if anything else walking into the distance looks like an exit scene and the arc just seems done. Rain of blood Arc: Rain Bad guy beaten, done.

Also I've realized something in this. Hatfield's dead, but the killer girls arent really exonerated. Aruka went with Hatfield in the first place because glasses guys report that killer girls beat him up interested her. Now she may not have seen Mio or Rin, but she did she Cruz in a full Killer Girl Uniform. Someone with her intelligence would have to wonder: how the hell did he get that?
Old 2009-12-08, 11:08   Link #2137
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
She expected Cruz to survive. Hatfield realy isnt that strong compared to her and Saten. Also something stopped her at the Simeon Tower ( and it wasnt herself or Arclight) So perhaps she wants to find out whats up with her little brother.
If thats the case Blade&co actualy ruined it since Cruz never got into a near death situation.

She will prolly retreat and try again another day. Killing that Simeon worker basicaly is treason.
Setsuna sending Riu, Riu for fighting and Mio as well all are traitors if it leaked out.
Tho im convinced for the girls St. Rose is their master and not anyone from Simeon. If the Black Madam ordered them to do something theyll do it.
And seems like the Black Madam has no intentions of handing Cruz over to Simeon...

Btw the Black Madam is like their Sensei.

Only 2 things happen in such relations

either the students follow their master or they kill m. I asume the first.

I cant imagine that any girl from St Rose would fight against their own school?....
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 11:09   Link #2138
Homura7

Whatever, we are going to get the answer in just a few days. Of course, I don't expect the chapter to be focused only on Eve and Saten. Once again I expect a shocking end for the new chapter.

Blade, Seto and Solva indeed ruined Aruka's strategy.

Who cares if she killed that Simeon worker when no one has seen her...
Old 2009-12-08, 11:12   Link #2139
shadowii

^
Riru is suppossed to be their master not the black madam, shes their teacher. Ignoring the trio and three dead girls there should still be 41 killer girls who were not at st rose during Cruz's adventure and should be totally loyal to Riru.
Spoiler for riru right their in the title "my" girl squad:

And one more thing the killer girls, not one big happy family. Remember what happened to Misaki and Nanami.
Old 2009-12-08, 11:15   Link #2140
Homura7

Shadowii, I don't think the other 41 killer girls are that loyal to Simeon compared to Setsuna, Kuchinashi and Mio who are with no doubt Riru's main squad.

Rin was influenced by Riru and stopped believing in Black Madam and started despissing her ideals, but it seems she now has redeemed herself.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen